England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Decent counter attacking football from England. Look difficult to break down as well.

Been relatively pleased with the performance so far, with the few sloppy passes aside.

Just realised how many injuries there are: Welbeck, Johnson, Parker, Barry and more

solid enough performance, good to get clean sheet. Carroll played well. Didn't really enjoy the itv commentators jizzing over everything Chamberlain did. He knocks it down for Walcott, which was decent enough, and then they start talking about how he could be the player to replace Rooney and that he could have an amazing tournament. Chill guys, just 1 pass

It was a solid performance.. but we were playing Norway... a inferior team to ourselves, we always looked on the back foot.

I think we should of pressed a lot more when they had possesion and when we did have possesion we needed to keep it better.

But having said that, we can't judge yet because it was a patched up squad and Roy only has had three days to train with them. Think we will have to be a lot better against Belguim, they have some quality attacking players, Hazard, Dembele etc.

It was a solid performance.. but we were playing Norway... a inferior team to ourselves, we always looked on the back foot.

I think we should of pressed a lot more when they had possesion and when we did have possesion we needed to keep it better.

But having said that, we can't judge yet because it was a patched up squad and Roy only has had three days to train with them. Think we will have to be a lot better against Belguim, they have some quality attacking players, Hazard, Dembele etc.

Not only attacking, but quality overall team which I think is much better than Englands.

Not only attacking, but quality overall team which I think is much better than Englands.

We are still good enough to take the game to Norway.... we have a much better squad than most apart from the big big teams, we know who they are.

I am pretty sure Roy's sides Fulham/West Brom press more than England did tonight to try and regain possession.

Wished I'd watched the Swiss 5-3 victory over Germany. Still.....there's still time and room for improvement. By dropping Barry, Downing....maybe Gerrard.

Just get the Euros over and done with, then just clearout and build for the future.

Last edited:
Wished I'd watched the Swiss 5-3 victory over Germany. Still.....there's still time and room for improvement. By dropping Barry, Downing....maybe Gerrard

Indeed, Roy has only had three days to train with the England squad, I just hope for our sake we play more progressively than we did tonight, press more to try and regain possession and keep the ball better.

Although they didn't have too much real danger to deal with, I thought Jagielka and Lesscott did well

Although they didn't have too much real danger to deal with, I thought Jagielka and Lesscott did well

Agree there, Jagielka... how is that guy on the standby list, his attitude and ability is first class, yet we have someone like Terry in the squad or Cahill ahead of him...

Back