England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
So why is he not in the squad then? You are implying he is not in the squad because of this whole "race row" so Hodgson must believe Terry then yer?

So you believe Rio is not in squad because of 'Footballing reasons"?

It was obvious it has to be one or the other and Roy selected Terry. But the problem was he came up with footballing reason excuse.

And finally you are spot on with your second sentence. He is not in the squad because of race row.

Edit: If Roy believes Terry is innocent doesn't make him racist. That was some point, lol.

So you believe Rio is not in squad because of 'Footballing reasons"?

It was obvious it has to be one or the other and Roy selected Terry. But the problem was he came up with footballing reason excuse.

And finally you are spot on with your second sentence. He is not in the squad because of race row.

So he isen't in the squad because of the whole race row which you are implying he must believe that JT is innocent. Why can't the footballing reason simply be "he believes Terry is better than Ferdinand"??? It's not unbelivable to think that you know, people are allowed opinions.

So he isen't in the squad because of the whole race row which you are implying he must believe that JT is innocent. Why can't the footballing reason simply be "he believes Terry is better than Ferdinand"??? It's not unbelivable to think that you know, people are allowed opinions.

Oh so Rio is not even among the top 5 or 6 CBs in England? And you answered it yourself. It was Terry Vs Rio for what happened in Loftus road.

And I dont get this people are allowed opinions ****. Who is saying or discussion on who is better CB, it is why Rio didn't get call up even when few CBs got injured. Finally when Kelly got call up wasn't it more obvious than ever?

Probably you are the only person in England who haven't picked it up.

Oh so Rio is not even among the top 5 or 6 CBs in England? And you answered it yourself. It was Terry Vs Rio for what happened in Loftus road.

And I dont get this people are allowed opinions ****. Who is saying or discussion on who is better CB, it is why Rio didn't get call up even when few CBs got injured. Finally when Kelly got call up wasn't it more obvious than ever?

Probably you are the only person in England who haven't picked it up.

I just don't understand why people think it should be a given right that Ferdinand should be in this England side. Hodgson has not picked him for reasons only he knows, it's not because he is racist thats clear so it must be footballing reasons as he stated.

Not to mention Kelly is pretty young as well. Considering that neither of them will play anyways, I would take Kelly over Rio. Kelly offers versatility which is excellent to have in the squad and he is young.

Hopefully Roy comes to sense and realises our best CB pairing is Jags and Lescott, Terry can be a bench warmer. Obviously this will not happen though, which is a ****** **** take to be honest.

What does that have to do with Rio being in the squad? Rio probably wont even make it to the bench so I rather take Kelly as at least Kelly is versatile and I see no sense in taking a old, injury-prone CB if he is barely going to make the bench. Might as well take a young, versatile player. Worst come to worst, it will be a good experience for him

What does that have to do with Rio being in the squad? Rio probably wont even make it to the bench so I rather take Kelly as at least Kelly is versatile and I see no sense in taking a old, injury-prone CB if he is barely going to make the bench. Might as well take a young, versatile player. Worst come to worst, it will be a good experience for him

This is the 'England thread' not the 'Rio thread'. I was stating our best CB pairing.

I was merely commenting on your stance that Rio should be taken ahead of Kelly.

He should of, no doubt about it, no reason why Kelly should be in the squad.

If you want versatility you take Micah Richards, if you want a reliable Centre Back you take Rio.

He should of, no doubt about it, no reason why Kelly should be in the squad.

If you want versatility you take Micah Richards, if you want a reliable Centre Back you take Rio.

You have completely misintepreted the situation.

Firstly even if Rio is taken, he will probably not make the bench. We have 3 able and fit CBs in Jags, Lescott and Terry. So you would rather take a versatile Kelly who can cover a number of positions in the event of a injury crisis as well as offer something to the squad in a 'sweeper' role which Rio cannot.

Not to mention that Kelly is unlikely to get injured. Will be able to play 3 matches in 8 days if needed. Young and will probably be a regular in the England squad. Worst come to worst, this will be a good experience and exposure for Kelly.

For Rio. He is old. There are question marks over his ability to play many matches in a short period of time. Injury-Prone. Cannot offer anything to the squad that Jags, Lescott and Terry cannot. Will probably not be in the 2014 WC squad

Rio is a better player. But Kelly offers more to the squad. If you were choosing someone for the first-team, you choose Rio. If you are choosing someone who will act as cover, you choose the versatile Kelly

And as GodCubed mentioned, Richards is another matter. If he had put his hand up, he would have been taken for sure

Your forgetting that old red chops stated that Ferdinand could not play 2 games in 4 days and England have 3 in 8 i believe. That is the reason why he was not taken. Carrick basically omitted himself through pretty disgusting behavior and if it was any of the hate figures then they would have been slated big time.
Apart from Rio actually did play 3 games in 7 days in March. I can understand that there were probably other reasons for him being left out of the original squad with him being a bit of a risk due to injuries (even though he's not had any problems really this season) and there being some strong competition. But now? There are no genuine footballing reasons causing Kelly to be ahead of him. He clearly doesn't think Rio and Terry can be in the same squad together.
Also, Carrick's behaviour was not disgusting. He decided to retire from international football; he has every right to do that. He just made them aware he'd be willing to fill in if they were desperate. The fact that has been twisted into Carrick melodramatically completely refusing to play for England if he wasn't ensured a key role is what's really disgusting.

Who the **** even cares if Rio or Kelly is going. Neither will (would) actually play, and if Kelly does, then it's a travesty. Not taking Richards is ridiculous.

Kelly is versatile yet played 0 games as CB for senior team.

To be fair, that doesn't mean he can't play CB, but rather he hasn't been needed to.

Yeah he can, but asking player to play in that position after not playing for more than a year is asking for trouble? Not to forget the quality of the teams he will be facing?

But they called up Jagielka already!!! Jagielka, JT, Lescott, Kelly and Jones all as potential CB's is well enough.

Jags, JT, Lescott thats it. Kelly hasn't played and we all know how good Jones is as a CB.

So what does Kelly brings that Jones and Johnson can't?

Yeah he can, but asking player to play in that position after not playing for more than a year is asking for trouble? Not to forget the quality of the teams he will be facing?

As Dunc already mentioned, its highly unlikely either of them will play at all. Unless we suffer a major injury crisis, I rather we have a versatile play who can play anywhere across the back 4 even if he has not played in certain positions for a while rather than a old, injury-prone player who can only play one position and will probably set off the injury crisis

Well I'm dropping off from this before some retarded **** comes up with "Why do even non English are bothered about England" ****.

I posted first as I wanted to know GC's opinion of who is the best English CB in ManUtd.

Just find it funny when people try to defend this as footballing reason when it is so clearly it isn't.

Hopefully Jags and Lescott starts as CB as they deserve it.

Like many Non England fans, I dont mind Rio getting dropped as it means he will be fit and fresh for us.

Well I'm dropping off from this before some retarded **** comes up with "Why do even non English are bothered about England" ****.

I posted first as I wanted to know GC's opinion of who is the best English CB in ManUtd.

Just find it funny when people try to defend this as footballing reason when it is so clearly it isn't.

Hopefully Jags and Lescott starts as CB as they deserve it.

Like many Non England fans, I dont mind Rio getting dropped as it means he will be fit and fresh for us.

So the only opinion people should have on Ferdinand is a good one then yer? Absolute joke, he was either left out for footballing reasons, because Roy is racist (which is not the truth) or because Roy believes JT is innocent. Take your pick.

Back