England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Exactly so Lampard gets it because he got us out of jail but that is all. MOTM overall was Konoplyanka.
Forgot was playing till took peno, really was impressed with welbeck and sturridge when thaey came on gave us some momentum. That konoplyanka is quality.

Carrick is some player though, played well for around 6 years for United but still many don't rate him, even though he played important part in winning 4 league titles. With National side, England are crying for a midfielder like him but still ignore him everytime. People praise players from Italy, Spain, Germany who can retain possession but can't do the same for the player who can do that for England.

In England, we prefer to fit in players with high reputations, no matter the cost, rather than build a tactically strong and cohesive side that functions well, with talented but unrecognised players. Some would call this bonkers and crazy, but we are however ranked 3rd in the world, so it's clearly a roaring success and long may we continue in this vein.

even tho welbeck was on for 20 minutes changed the game for me should never have played 1 up top if you play defoe, should've gone with welbeck, thought johnson played decent for a change, we played well in patches but we are lacking cutting edge sooner rooney and carroll back the better for me
Was better when welbeck n sturridge came on.

Lee dixon has caught townsends desease england deserved win WTF, englands game plan didnt work then did?

Was better when welbeck n sturridge came on.

yeah definetly shoulda gone 4-3-3 and started all three for me. we needed to take the game to them tonight make a statement set the tone for qualification, i think we will get better was good to see them not hit it long every other pass tho so i thikn we are heading in the right direction just needs time to get the system and personnel right

I thought England was actually quite good, Hodgson is trying to make England pass and keep the ball to create chances through the centre as well as flanks, it is something the team is still adapting to. Ukraine are a pretty strong team and I thought we created quite a lot of great chances, admittedly they had a few as well.

Welbeck was brilliant when he came on, gave a sharpness to the attack which was lacking for the whole game.

For me the main problem for England is the partnership.... Lampard and Gerrard, not creative enough, why Carrick is not playing is beyond me. Oh yes and I think Cleverley is not an AMC, he should be playing deeper in the double-pivot, although at the moment for the double-pivot my first choice players who are not injured would be Carrick and Cleverley..... one can dream. I don't think Defoe is very good playing on his own up-front either, we need Welbeck up there imo.

yeah definetly shoulda gone 4-3-3 and started all three for me. we needed to take the game to them tonight make a statement set the tone for qualification, i think we will get better was good to see them not hit it long every other pass tho so i thikn we are heading in the right direction just needs time to get the system and personnel right
Gerrard annoys me trys to many hollywood balls, dont rate milner tbh works hard and only gets selected to cover for johnsons poor defending and clevers aint a number 10/second STR imo. Should think will be same old ***** for next game!

I thought England was actually quite good, Hodgson is trying to make England pass and keep the ball to create chances through the centre as well as flanks, it is something the team is still adapting to. Ukraine are a pretty strong team and I thought we created quite a lot of great chances, admittedly they had a few as well.

Welbeck was brilliant when he came on, gave a sharpness to the attack which was lacking for the whole game.

For me the main problem for England is the partnership.... Lampard and Gerrard, not creative enough, why Carrick is not playing is beyond me. Oh yes and I think Cleverley is not an AMC, he should be playing deeper in the double-pivot, although at the moment for the double-pivot my first choice players who are not injured would be Carrick and Cleverley..... one can dream. I don't think Defoe is very good playing on his own up-front either, we need Welbeck up there imo.
Hodgson going way of other managers picking reputation over anything else!

Hodgson going way of other managers picking reputation over anything else!

Yes it's depressing he picks Lampard and Gerrard as the double-pivot, because I think he is making England play a good way since the Euro's has finished. I just hope he realises the partnership sucks and Cleverley is not an AMC.

Yes it's depressing he picks Lampard and Gerrard as the double-pivot, because I think he is making England play a good way since the Euro's has finished. I just hope he realises the partnership sucks and Cleverley is not an AMC.
Yep hole CM is wrong at min hodgson said wont rock boat with gerrard/lampard so looks like thins wont be getting better anytime soon,so frustrating i am trying to find average ages of squads in world cup 2014 do you know mate?

Yep hole CM is wrong at min hodgson said wont rock boat with gerrard/lampard so looks like thins wont be getting better anytime soon,so frustrating i am trying to find average ages of squads in world cup 2014 do you know mate?

Not really sorry, GodCubed probably will. Yeh I expected Hodgson to say something like that.

Gerrard annoys me trys to many hollywood balls, dont rate milner tbh works hard and only gets selected to cover for johnsons poor defending and clevers aint a number 10/second STR imo. Should think will be same old ***** for next game!

yeah he does not quite good enough for me only becks could do that for us in recent years, I remember one he set up for crouchie against trinidad about 40 yard pass and he meant it to bounce right on chouchies head. I don't rate milner the right midfielder should be doing the attacking with support from the full back not the other way round. if glen johnson cant defend don't put him in. the winger should be doing what he does he did play well to be fair but we are to negative on the right the opposition know milner is there to defend and fill in. cleverly no way a number ten needs to be played deeper wouldve liked to have seen carrick tonight just something different especially if we are playing possession football guy never gives it away

yeah he does not quite good enough for me only becks could do that for us in recent years, I remember one he set up for crouchie against trinidad about 40 yard pass and he meant it to bounce right on chouchies head. I don't rate milner the right midfielder should be doing the attacking with support from the full back not the other way round. if glen johnson cant defend don't put him in. the winger should be doing what he does he did play well to be fair but we are to negative on the right the opposition know milner is there to defend and fill in. cleverly no way a number ten needs to be played deeper wouldve liked to have seen carrick tonight just something different especially if we are playing possession football guy never gives it away
Wonder if hodgson tries getting gerrard red card rescinded so he can play with lampard in next game LOL. Dont know why walker cant play RB is far better than johnson imo then ive sturridge a go at RW played well there for chelsea few time last season can beat man on either foot.

Not really sorry, GodCubed probably will. Yeh I expected Hodgson to say something like that.

Ask and you shall receive. We don't know the ages of the squads in the 2014 world cup, since they haven't picked them yet, but if we use Euro 2012 England's average age was a mere 26.04, the third youngest in the tournament.

Ask and you shall receive. We don't know the ages of the squads in the 2014 world cup, since they haven't picked them yet, but if we use Euro 2012 England's average age was a mere 26.04, the third youngest in the tournament.
Cheers mate am supprised thought it would have been about 28/29 and would have been higher than 3rd youngest, will be higher for WC no dout if gerrerd,lamps,carrick,defoe,johnson,cole etc play.

As an aside note, check this stat out: in 2009/10, 293 of Huddlestone's attempted 397 long balls were accurate. That is an astounding record. That's better than any outfield player in the league in terms of accurate long balls by a huge margin. The only player who came close was Javier Mascherano.

Oddly enough, many people don't rate Mascherano here in Argentina, either.

Back