England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
And of all a sudden Carrick fans have been popping up everywhere ever since Mike. raged the day he was not selected for the Euor's

Personally don't see what all the fuss is about... While Carrick would be much much better suited to playing in a CM role rather than Lampard/Gerrard (Which is not saying much), the way some people go on about him here, one might think he is Xavi and Iniesta combined

Maybe it's because he's one of the few players we have that can pass? Maybe it's because his inclusion actually gives us a lot more tactical depth? Maybe it's because Hodgson recognising his talent may be the first step in the road to progression for English football? (unlikely given Lampard Gerrard duo but a man can dream) Maybe it's because he's a decent player that isn't a flash in the pan youngster with loads of expectation, just waiting to be crushed into mediocrity by all the pressure and misuse?

Or maybe it's just because people are football hipsters and saying that you always rated Carrick makes you seem cool.

Maybe it's because he's one of the few players we have that can pass? Maybe it's because his inclusion actually gives us a lot more tactical depth? Maybe it's because Hodgson recognising his talent may be the first step in the road to progression for English football? (unlikely given Lampard Gerrard duo but a man can dream) Maybe it's because he's a decent player that isn't a flash in the pan youngster with loads of expectation, just waiting to be crushed into mediocrity by all the pressure and misuse?

Or maybe it's just because people are football hipsters and saying that you always rated Carrick makes you seem cool.

Word to that bro (H)

Pretty poor performance, 1-1 probably fair. Cleverely probably should have scored a couple but oh well. Dunno how Lampard was MOTM. Defoe's goal was rightly disallowed imo

And of all a sudden Carrick fans have been popping up everywhere ever since Mike. raged the day he was not selected for the Euor's

Personally don't see what all the fuss is about... While Carrick would be much much better suited to playing in a CM role rather than Lampard/Gerrard (Which is not saying much), the way some people go on about him here, one might think he is Xavi and Iniesta combined

Its simple, you pick a player who does the job. Easy as that. To be honest this view to Carrick kinda sums up why england are so far behind. A player like Carrick should be the first name on the sheet in a 4-2-3-1.

And its not all of a sudden, its 10 years. It's since we stuck Scholes out on the left. Finaly people are actually paying attention.

Mike also loves Cleverly and spent much of the game last night pointing out to me where England are going wrong playing Cleverly as a 10. While I have always considered him to be somewhat over-hyped.

Fortunately he had a shocker last night, so it shut Mike up pretty quickly :P

Mike also loves Cleverly and spent much of the game last night pointing out to me where England are going wrong playing Cleverly as a 10. While I have always considered him to be somewhat over-hyped.

Mike is the deliverer of karmic justice for your ridiculous luck.

Of course Mike's going to hype Cleverly, he's a United fan. I think I've been telling anyone stupid enough to listen that McEachran is going to be the metronome of the new England team for a couple of years now and how many Arsenal fans have shrugged off losing Fabregas because they have Wilshere?

He's right about playing him as a 10 though; it made me laugh the other day when Richard Williams rambled on about Cleverly being the new England no.10 as if being creative but playing deeper was some sort of crazy avante garde pipe-dream created by the Europeans to baffle us and take away our gritty English battlers in midfield.

We he isnt a 10. he is a good deep mid. But an average 10, since he doest take players out the game, doesn't score, doesn't split pass.
Hey and you said he was decent last night so there! His finishing made me want to cry though

Of course Mike's going to hype Cleverly, he's a United fan. I think I've been telling anyone stupid enough to listen that McEachran is going to be the metronome of the new England team for a couple of years now and how many Arsenal fans have shrugged off losing Fabregas because they have Wilshere?

He's right about playing him as a 10 though; it made me laugh the other day when Richard Williams rambled on about Cleverly being the new England no.10 as if being creative but playing deeper was some sort of crazy avante garde pipe-dream created by the Europeans to baffle us and take away our gritty English battlers in midfield.

That article was the worst drivel I've read in some time. Even by Williams' standards

We he isnt a 10. he is a good deep mid. But an average 10, since he doest take players out the game, doesn't score, doesn't split pass.
Hey and you said he was decent last night so there! His finishing made me want to cry though

Decent?! Never. He has the finishing ability a fair few notches lower than Titus Bramble.

I actually spent most of the wondering what Gerrard was actually doing. Dunc forgot he was on the pitch second half.

Decent?! Never. He has the finishing ability a fair few notches lower than Titus Bramble.

Lies you said he was decent, apart from his lack finishing, which made you want to kill him.

Back