England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 372K
On the Cole thing Lille love him so he must have done something right. He knows the International scene really well and is not scared to take on opponents and is very versatile.

Also currently watching SSN and laughing at Neil Lennon's view that Hodgson should be looking at Gary Hooper!!!

You laugh at the suggestion of Gary Hooper, a young player who's been scoring absolute shitloads for his club this season, but not at the suggestion of a 32-year old Joe Cole, who's been in dire form?

Cole-tinted glasses off, please.

and you guys are usually the rational ones! jheez

Which says a **** lot about our hopes...

I suppose the fact that Roy has managed Johnson probably means he will favour him. As for Richards, second manager to overlook him, something must be up?

I suppose the fact that Roy has managed Johnson probably means he will favour him. As for Richards, second manager to overlook him, something must be up?

Yes. Our managers are ******* teratards.

You laugh at the suggestion of Gary Hooper, a young player who's been scoring absolute shitloads for his club this season, but not at the suggestion of a 32-year old Joe Cole, who's been in dire form?

Cole-tinted glasses off, please.

Which says a **** lot about our hopes...

I have no real tint towards Cole these days as he was a fool to leave Chelsea for a mere 10k extra a week. Just saying its a safe choice by Hodgson and there are arguments to say he could be useful. Hooper has only played Championship and a league of its equal.

I have no real tint towards Cole these days as he was a fool to leave Chelsea for a mere 10k extra a week. Just saying its a safe choice by Hodgson and there are arguments to say he could be useful. Hooper has only played Championship and a league of its equal.

And Joe Cole has underperformed in a league that's not at the standard of the Prem.

Safe choice my left buttcheek. He's someone nobody rational would choose anymore.

I hope to **** JT doesn't start.. Also Oxlade-Chamberlain? REALLY!? I just want Roy to pick Carrick, though, really do not think Barry should be anywhere near the starting XI.

Good, versatile young player. Can play right and left wing, and also is used to playing centre mid. Has a mature head on his young shoulders. Slowly breaking into the third best side in the country. Good with both feet.

He will be in the England squad for years to come - I really don't see the problem here.

Well considering the full squad hasn't even been announced yet, I feel you're being a little unfair. I expected better of you God!

It seems all but confirmed that Ferdinand and Richards are dropped now, barring a sudden change of heart between now and the conference. It may be unfair, but let's face it, optimism was low going in, finding out that Richards (our best RB) and Ferdinand don't even get on the plane is a kick in the teeth to any hope that could be mustered.

Are we not even considering Gary Hooper? Seems strange.

He's better than most English strikers in the EPL in my opinion. Jelavic showed that players from the SPL can be of good quality. Our insistence to not even trying Hooper, whom is a very good player, bugs me.

Last edited:
Glen Johnson getting hate? He's been your regular right back for what, four years? And now you expect him to drop out?

think Carroll getting in would be good for him, continuing on his form hopefully.

It seems all but confirmed that Ferdinand and Richards are dropped now, barring a sudden change of heart between now and the conference. It may be unfair, but let's face it, optimism was low going in, finding out that Richards (our best RB) and Ferdinand don't even get on the plane is a kick in the teeth to any hope that could be mustered.

Its not as if they are far superior to the players that are likely to be picked. Stop being so dramatic. No need to write us off before the ball has been kicked.

Are we not even considering Gary Hooper? Seems strange.

He's better than most English strikers in the EPL in my opinion. Jelavic showed that players from the SPL are of good quality. Our insistence to not even trying Hooper, whom is a very good player, bugs me.

He's very good, but also very inconsistent, can go missing at times...

Glad someone mentioned him though.

How is it a safe choice exactly? Safe as in we can rest assured that he won't deliver. He's past it.

Hooper's only played at Championship level and a league of its equal.. yet so had Jelavic. Jelavic has 11 goals in 12 games or something ridiculous.

Gary Hooper has scored 44 goals in his last 63 league games. If we can turn that down - we must have someone good lined up. Bobby Zamora over Hooper would be ******* stupid.

Its a shame Richards and Ferdinand probably aren't making the squad but there hardly huge losses.

Its not as if they are far superior to the players that are likely to be picked. Stop being so dramatic. No need to write us off before the ball has been kicked.

Richards is by far our best RB and he's overlooked for seemingly no reason. Ferdinand, if he was dropped for footballing reasons, then fair enough, but he was dropped because of the manager playing politics and taking sides, which stinks and sours the whole already poor preparations.

And I'm usually overly optimistic about England if anything, so to be so pessimistic now is testament to how I feel about our chances now.

Last edited:
Really hoping to see the name Paul Scholes in the list of players tomorrow!

If I was picking the squad:

GK - Joe Hart (2 other keepers who wouldnt get a game)

RB - Micah Richards, Glen Johnson
LB - Leighton Baines, Ashley Cole
CB - John Terry, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott

CMs - Michael Carrick, Scott Parker (depending on fitness), Frank Lampard, Paul Scholes, Steven Gerrard
Wingers - Ashley Young, Adam Johnson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Aaron Lennon

ST - Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Peter Crouch

If it was down to our tactical approach I would be saying the thing, but some of the omissons are seriously alarming. I await to see if Carrick is called up.

Last edited:
Richards is a very good player , I would still take Kyle Walker even if he is injured to be honest, he has been class this season but Glen Johnson is just as capable. Personally , the Ferdinand call is a good decision and to be honest I can see Gary Neville influencing Hodgson which is only a good thing for the modern time , looks like the FA are starting to look at grooming thier managers and Neville has proven this year how good he is.