England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
I don't know what is worse the ref doing a third inspection on that pitch or Cleverley in the line up on the left side of midfield, I mean what is Roy thinking?

I don't know what is worse the ref doing a third inspection on that pitch or Cleverley in the line up on the left side of midfield, I mean what is Roy thinking?

I dont believe for a second that Roy reverted to a 442 after using much more fluid systems recently.

gk and back 4 speak for themselves, but i suspect carrick would probably be doing a shielding role, the other 2 midfielders in front of him with milner doing a lot of gerrards leg work. That leaves cleverley, rooney and defoe as a very fluid front 3.

I dont believe for a second that Roy reverted to a 442 after using much more fluid systems recently.

gk and back 4 speak for themselves, but i suspect carrick would probably be doing a shielding role, the other 2 midfielders in front of him with milner doing a lot of gerrards leg work. That leaves cleverley, rooney and defoe as a very fluid front 3.

That would be worryingly narrow and when you consider you have Lennon/Ox sitting on the bench you have to wonder why if he did do that. I honestly don't understand Milner and Johnson as guaranteed starters every game.

That would be worryingly narrow and when you consider you have Lennon/Ox sitting on the bench you have to wonder why if he did do that. I honestly don't understand Milner and Johnson as guaranteed starters every game.

Whatever way we look at it, Lennon isn't an international winger, and the Ox is still a baby. Roy must have targeted what he sees as Polands weak central midfield as an area to dominate. The problem now is, the Poles now know what our plans were...

Gutted for the fans. Went to see a match, had this pathetic mess, no match and now out of pocket. Chimps tea party is better organised

Also, i agree re milner and johnson. i dont see Milner as much more than a workhorse. He is the perfect player for this sort of tricky away game.

Whatever way we look at it, Lennon isn't an international winger, and the Ox is still a baby. Roy must have targeted what he sees as Polands weak central midfield as an area to dominate. The problem now is, the Poles now know what our plans were...

That plan would make perfect sense 3 months ago, except now our first choice LW and RW are out due to injuries, and our LB is the weakest link in entire team, so we're actually very exposed on the wings. :P I was rather relieved when i didn't see Lennon in first squad, seems like Roy hasn't done much homework. I guess we'll see tommorow.

That plan would make perfect sense 3 months ago, except now our first choice LW and RW are out due to injuries, and our LB is the weakest link in entire team, so we're actually very exposed on the wings. :P I was rather relieved when i didn't see Lennon in first squad, seems like Roy hasn't done much homework. I guess we'll see tommorow.

The media *********** over Baines doesn't suddenly make Ashley Cole a bad player. His defensive experience counts for so much more now that Rio and Terry are gone. With Baines backing him up and kids on the way through, i think left back is one of our strongest points.

Cole, Rooney and Hart are our only players who are anywhere near true international world class.

The media *********** over Baines doesn't suddenly make Ashley Cole a bad player. His defensive experience counts for so much more now that Rio and Terry are gone. With Baines backing him up and kids on the way through, i think left back is one of our strongest points.

Cole, Rooney and Hart are our only players who are anywhere near true international world class.

I'm sure that's all true, but i'm actually Polish mate ;)

The great Jakub Wawrzyniak (skip to 7:55)

[video=youtube;nclE2XmuZek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nclE2XmuZek#t=476s[/video]

England U21 GK coach headbutted, England official assaulted, another member of England coaching staff kicked, England U21 players attacked in tunnel...UEFA report says? No racist abuse was noted during the match.

[video=youtube;Y90KZ-veJ0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y90KZ-veJ0g[/video]

Lemme guess....£16000 Euro fine right?

Serbia. Kicking racism back into football.

Last edited:
And that still doesn't change that the dutch aren't where they want to be and they haven't produced at their level for some time
And that doesn't change that they're still miles ahead of England, which was my original statement.

And that doesn't change that they're still miles ahead of England, which was my original statement.

Except I never argued that. I said that to you in the my last point. For some reason you ignored the context of my repy, and quoted only the first sentence. Immediately after I said I didnt dispute the number of players we create, and actually hihlighted the issue.

And that still doesn't change that the dutch aren't where they want to be and they haven't produced at their level for some time, hence my original statement. Nor did i dispute the number England need to produce.

England didn't even really produce Scholes, and there in lies the problem. The players are generated by certain clubs, and there is no national collectivisim on how to bring players forward. Thus its left up to the few forward thinking managers and coaches scattered round the country, like SAF, Moyes, Gradi, Carr, Eastick among others.

First post I said was that you cant argue with what Vieira said about the youth You did try to argue that they aren't falling backing. My only point to you was that:

Holland havent produced at their level for some time, indeed its one of the big debates going on about how to restructure and get back to what they do best.

Looking at some of the names being put forward from outside Germany Spain Italy, England arent exactly doing that bad, though we definitely be doing a lot more.

Jones, Smalling, Walker, Caulker, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Cleverley, Welbeck, Bertrand, Rodwell, Clyne, Sterling, Zaha, Powell, Shelvey, Gibbs, Jenkinson,

The issue is that we should be producing this regularly, not just seeing this as a very good time.

As I pointed out, we see this intake as very good, when it should be the norm. That is where England fall down.

You took only the first sentence, about Holland, and called it debatable. Even though its patently obvious that they haven't hit their own high expectations. Best illustrated by you trying to pass out Babel as one of their top recent talents.

Last edited:
England U21 GK coach headbutted, England official assaulted, another member of England coaching staff kicked, England U21 players attacked in tunnel...UEFA report says? No racist abuse was noted during the match.

[video=youtube;Y90KZ-veJ0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y90KZ-veJ0g[/video]

Lemme guess....£16000 Euro fine right?

Serbia. Kicking racism back into football.

The worst thing about this is that it felt organised.

How are they miles ahead..... we have plenty of good prospects, Sterling, Caulker, Cleverley, Welbeck, Walker, A.Johnson (been wasted so far), Shelvey, Nick Powell, the list goes on and on.

Are you really telling me Sterling is going to be a much worse player than someone like Afellay? Get real please, Afellay is a good player but certainly not great.

The worst thing about this is that it felt organised.

Yeah definately. It takes a lot to leave me amazed, but when opposing coaches also get involed and players....just left me cold as ****. They need a major ban from all tournaments. Like England would get if our fans did it. The punishment is just absolutely incredible. Our fans (and team) would be immediately turfed out because of our past. Yet this is Serbia's future and nothing is being done except a pathetic fine.

And when I see comments saying we should look at ourselves-well at least we're making a major effort to get rid of that cancer where other countries let it fester like an open wound

Yeah definately. It takes a lot to leave me amazed, but when opposing coaches also get involed and players....just left me cold as ****. They need a major ban from all tournaments. Like England would get if our fans did it. The punishment is just absolutely incredible. Our fans (and team) would be immediately turfed out because of our past. Yet this is Serbia's future and nothing is being done except a pathetic fine.

And when I see comments saying we should look at ourselves-well at least we're making a major effort to get rid of that cancer where other countries let it fester like an open wound

Last time I checked we were not serial mass offenders, so that comparison falls down, I dont know who thinks that we are anything like that.

Last time I checked we were not serial mass offenders, so that comparison falls down, I dont know who thinks that we are anything like that.

some very misguided comments I've seen on Youtube. Clearly with very little knowledge. Thankfully a lot more common sense on this forum (majority of the time anyway lol).

Thing is I wonder how those youngsters felt. When you're that age, playing in a major tournament and come across that sort of thing that would scare any youngster-it was just so full of bile and hatred. And to get a red card for reacting is absolutely ludicrous. Okay maybe kicking the ball may not have been a good idea, but I don't blame him one bit. What else could he do-he'd been abused and treated like dirt of a species that were clearly not human.

A lot of people do, you can thank the geniuses who let the Terry thing carry on for so long, without thinking how much of a PR disaster it would be. Within last year every piece of writing i saw about Chelsea or England had it mentioned, its only cooling off now.

Of course in reality things are a lot worse i.e. in Italy not to mention some Eastern Europe countries, but that's media nowadays.

On the plus side there's sun over Warsaw so today's game should happen without further drama.

Back