England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 362K
Boss to read this AM's positive update from the Danish FA.

God speed Christian.

Today I shall mostly be rooting for Degsy Lovren's Croatia and Gini Wijnaldum's Netherlands.

With a fun dose of North Macedonia thrown in. (True confession- I didn't even know they were in the tournament until Friday. 😂😂). Up the debutant underdogs!

Forgot to tell yesterday my bet on the winner in this bad end of day.

I still think Belgium will take the title with Lukaku being the top scorer.
England or France wont make it to finals.

So tire game... Southgate is butchering Phillips. Drop Rice, then Phillips can cover his job better and move the ball around much quicker and better. Pointless to have both on if one could do it.

Bellingham or Henderson, even Grealish would bring much better ball movevment to go foward, not leave Ming or RIce whipping crosses over...

So tire game... Southgate is butchering Phillips. Drop Rice, then Phillips can cover his job better and move the ball around much quicker and better. Pointless to have both on if one could do it.

Bellingham or Henderson, even Grealish would bring much better ball movevment to go foward, not leave Ming or RIce whipping crosses over...
If I could choose between Phillips and Rice, I would take Phillips at United in a heartbeat.

It's beyond ridiculous how some teams essentially play entire group stage at home, while we have to travel from Russia to Spain and back to Russia again, all within 9 days. Far from the only case too, whoever approved this tournament format should be flogged.

I will say that international footie in general is such a step down from club football. Reasonably good players looking like they have just set foot on a pitch for the first time lol.

It's beyond ridiculous how some teams essentially play entire group stage at home, while we have to travel from Russia to Spain and back to Russia again, all within 9 days. Far from the only case too, whoever approved this tournament format should be flogged.
Yeah saw it also. It is crazy how they did not manage to have group games in one location. Why the **** some teams must travel 3000km to play and then back for last group game. But then u have some teams like England who plays alll games in Wembly I think? Italy and German also playing at home most of the time.

No idea how Sterling got MOTM over Phillips but in my eye(and many) he was the best player on the pitch.

Phillips would not switch sides to Manchester United, born and raised Leeds. Maybe when Bielsa is gone, we are relegated or something even worse.

Good read to add additional to his performance.

It's the baby of that rat Platini.

Enough said. 🤦🏼‍♂️

A win is a win but Southgate will come undone if he sticks to playing people like Trippier as LB wtf. Also I really wanted to see Grealish....... instead of Sterling.

Bigger blame would go to shambolic defending, wtf was that.
Also seemed Glik got a small deflection?

Yeah I think it was a tiny deflection. Still should be making that save 100% of the time though, all the Slovaks in the box were double marked, you just have to cover the post.

Well that's bullshit, tournament basically over after 1 game. Super unlucky first goal, super soft red-card, we still dominated the play with Slovaks wasting time since 70 minute while having 1-man advantage. And now we have to go travel 4000 kilometers to play Spain in Sevilla, thanks UEFA.

Goal of the tournament already from the Czech yesterday. WOW!!!!!. Devoed for Scotland as they matched them in all but the quality up front.

@Tyton Sorry mate, looked two defo bookings for me. Stupid challenge to make when you're already on a card. You know how it goes in majors. Poland are by no means out of this tournament. That group isn't strong at all.

The Spain game left me wondering which is the biggest flop of a big name/ price strike across Europe? Morata or Werner?