England vs Bulgaria

You're going to look like such a **** if he scores a hat-trick and masterminds us to a 5-0 win. :P
haha i know. but in the case of england i would be very happy to be proved wrong. i still believe he must always be the amc in a 3 man mid though regardless of what happens today

Will be a bit of a tanking for Bulgaria tonight I feel. Couldn't get enough of England -2 at 23/10 :D

There was a girl mascot who was taller than Walcott and a soldier with the BIGGEST moustache I've ever seen behind them!

This is going to be a GREAT match. :D

not happy at us playing 4-4-2 at all; madsheep, i really don't get you're point about lining up as a 4-4-2 just because Bulgaria are playing 4-4-2. Did you not watcht the Man City - Liverpool game. City pwned out 4-4-2...

did England Fans boo the Bulgaria National Anthem?

did England Fans boo the Bulgaria National Anthem?

Sounded like it to me. If so, that's out of order.

not happy at us playing 4-4-2 at all; madsheep, i really don't get you're point about lining up as a 4-4-2 just because Bulgaria are playing 4-4-2. Did you not watcht the Man City - Liverpool game. City pwned out 4-4-2...
I think the point madsheep was making was fairly facetious. Might be wrong though.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

WOOO JERMAIN!

Sounded like it to me. If so, that's out of order.

I think the point madsheep was making was fairly facetious. Might be wrong though.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

WOOO JERMAIN!
bang 1-0! wasnt being facetious at all. the 4-4-2 is still a good formation, if you line up against another 4-4-2 we get to play our high tempo pressing game, which just led to that goal and has unsettled bulgaria already

It's clearly obvious we're gonna win Euro 2012.

Completely agree. Anything less than a crushing victory in all contests is a massive disappointment. Capello best manager ever. Defoe best forward in the world. Barry fastest player in the world.

bang 1-0! wasnt being facetious at all. the 4-4-2 is still a good formation, if you line up against another 4-4-2 we get to play our high tempo pressing game, which just led to that goal and has unsettled bulgaria already

I stand corrected by madsheep and Jermain Defoe's boot.

i'd much rather we played 4-2-3-1. and atm, it looks like we're gunna play a 4-4-1-1 with rooney dropping deep.

and so what? 1 nil up against Bulgaria? we did that all through qualifying for the World Cup, absolutely destroyed teams, but then when we got to the World Cup, it was us that we were being destroyed - funnily enough, by a 4-2-3-1 played by germany...

all goals do is paper over cracks in an obviously flawed tactic, imo. Capello doesn't know his best tactic...

england might be deducted fair play points if they did boo :S
if they did boo thats embarrassing, and pathetic. i know playin' fm is bulgarian so i apologise to him our behalf

england might be deducted fair play points if they did boo :S

Doubt it.

Also, well done to the Wembley band for learning a tune other than the first line of The Great Escape. The A-Team theme tune makes a great difference. :P

EDIT: Ah, spoke too soon...

i'd much rather we played 4-2-3-1. and atm, it looks like we're gunna play a 4-4-1-1 with rooney dropping deep.

and so what? 1 nil up against Bulgaria? we did that all through qualifying for the World Cup, absolutely destroyed teams, but then when we got to the World Cup, it was us that we were being destroyed - funnily enough, by a 4-2-3-1 played by germany...

all goals do is paper over cracks in an obviously flawed tactic, imo. Capello doesn't know his best tactic...

Remind me, what's so wrong about the 4-4-2? I seem to remember a certain Uruguay reaching the semis of the World Cup playing that this year.

the 4-4-2 isnt a flawed tactic at all. you just need to utilise it to its strengths like any formation. bulgaria play 4-4-2 noe dimi has retired, so you play an agressive 4-4-2 against them, and when you have a dynamic central midfielder who likes to get forward, and creative forward who drops deeper, and a poacher who can slip you if you're unattentive its very dangerous.

if bulgaria were playing a 3 man mid then i'd agree but they are not and so the circumstances are very different, also watch the wings, they are drifting in much more. this 4-4-2 is much closer to the fluid modern 4-4-2 than it is the rigid one we played pre south africa

Last edited:
Doubt it.

I swear on the news there was one of the home nations being talked about about booing another teams national anthem and being deducted fairplay points i think it was scotland

Back