England vs Hungary Match Thread ITV 19:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so Dunc...
If Chelsea players are playing 90 mins, how is he going to 'definitely play Gibbs', unless he plays him in Gerrard's Left Mid position.. Does that mean that Milner will start and be replaced by Wilshere? Or will Walcott start, or come on at RW, or ST?

I hope so Dunc...
If Chelsea players are playing 90 mins, how is he going to 'definitely play Gibbs', unless he plays him in Gerrard's Left Mid position.. Does that mean that Milner will start and be replaced by Wilshere? Or will Walcott start, or come on at RW, or ST?
it doesnt say how he will get them to line up

Ben Foster is out now....and he has called up Frankie Fielding and Scott Loach. Why couldn't he pick Steve Harper, or David James? Loach isn't playing in the Premier League, and Fielding has never played in the PL.

Ben Foster is out now....and he has called up Frankie Fielding and Scott Loach. Why couldn't he pick Steve Harper, or David James? Loach isn't playing in the Premier League, and Fielding has never played in the PL.

I think he is just trying to demonstrate his concentration on youth. I'd of preferred to have seen James, Harper or even Carson called up myself to be honest. I'd have thought Alex Smithies was ahead of Frank Fielding in the pecking order though.

Am i the only one raging about when these idiotic friendlies have been arranged?
What if, a big if mind you one of the new call ups gets injured and is out for months?
Also, Capello blamed tirdness for Englands poor WC, well tiredness is going to be a massive issue if we keep having stupid fixtures JUST after pre-season and days before the SPL & EPL kick off.
(When i say we, i mean all countries in general)

Am i the only one raging about when these idiotic friendlies have been arranged?
What if, a big if mind you one of the new call ups gets injured and is out for months?
Also, Capello blamed tirdness for Englands poor WC, well tiredness is going to be a massive issue if we keep having stupid fixtures JUST after pre-season and days before the SPL & EPL kick off.

Yeah this certainly is idiotic timing for a friendly, most of the PL managers have voiced the concerns. Be gutted if a Liverpool player picked an injury up ahead of the Arsenal game.

IMO Cappello could've been doing with calling up more young talent, Shawcross and perhaps Huddlestone should've been included while the lack of a keeper proves worrying, would rather see Green + James back in over the two called up to replace Robinson and Foster. Anyway GL to the English for tommorow.

agreed. but this date has long been set in tone, and remember the next set of fixtures are competetive ones, and are a few weeks away. though you should remember that the other major leagues have pushed back their start by two weeks

I know people have already said they'd like to see Rodwell called up, but seriously what on earth have Wilshere and Gibbs done to get called up that Rodwell hasn't?

I wonder where Fraser Forster is in his pecking order

I know people have already said they'd like to see Rodwell called up, but seriously what on earth have Wilshere and Gibbs done to get called up that Rodwell hasn't?
I agree. But I think Wilshere will be easily better than Rodwell, and Gibbs is different position, if Rodwell was Gibbs place, I'm sure Rodwell would be in and not Gibbs.

I agree. But I think Wilshere will be easily better than Rodwell, and Gibbs is different position, if Rodwell was Gibbs place, I'm sure Rodwell would be in and not Gibbs.
Again where on earth are you basing that on that Wilshere will be much better than Rodwell?

Wilshere and Rodwell are completely different players who do different jobs in different roles. You can't really compare them, especially at such a young age.

Hence my query of where he got that Wilshere would be easily better. Wilshere if you ask me is a playmaker, and hasn't England's problem in recent years been too many playmakers? If you ask me Rodwell plays the exact role we need in the exact way, obviously with much room for improvement, but is Barry really going to still be playing next WC? So why not get Rodwell in there.

My team:

Loach

Johnson Cahill Jagielka Gibbs

Wilshere Milner Gerrard Young

Zamora Cole​

Don't care about the result: If we win, the headlines will be: WHY COULDN'T WE DO THAT AT THE WORLD CUP.

If we lose the headline will be: SO, NOTHING'S CHANGED.

So we may aswell give the debutants a bash.

zamora deserves the chance... like it or not... if he does ****, C Y A !

Hence my query of where he got that Wilshere would be easily better. Wilshere if you ask me is a playmaker, and hasn't England's problem in recent years been too many playmakers? If you ask me Rodwell plays the exact role we need in the exact way, obviously with much room for improvement, but is Barry really going to still be playing next WC? So why not get Rodwell in there.
its one game im sure rodwell will get his chance. actually our problem with playmakers is the opposite. the last real playmaker we had in the england side was scholes. gerrard and lampard are goal scoring midfielders, they dont look to control the midfield in the way someone like xavi, scholes, etc would

its one game im sure rodwell will get his chance. actually our problem with playmakers is the opposite. the last real playmaker we had in the england side was scholes. gerrard and lampard are goal scoring midfielders, they dont look to control the midfield in the way someone like xavi, scholes, etc would
I think thats got to be harsh on Gerrard, surely he's classed as a playmaker

Glad to see some young guys getting a call up.

However, he needs to learn to drop Terry, Lampard, Rooney, and even Gerrard who didn't have a great World Cup by any means. Just because they play for big teams doesn't mean that they will perform on an international level.

What I didn't understand was that Fabio always said that he would choose players based on form, yet during the World Cup he didn't drop Rooney or Terry once. In addition to that, then why the **** did he take SWP instead of someone like Milner, or even Walcott!?

I think thats got to be harsh on Gerrard, surely he's classed as a playmaker
if he was better at picking his passes, ie knowing when to play short, when to play the kiler pass, rather than his constant hollywood passes, then yeah. gerrard can dominate a game, but not control it. he cant control the pace of the game, and that is a key part, if not the key part, of being a playmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.