English Premier League Chairman Game

Watch the underdogs take care of the business when this game comes around, watch this space. Haha. ;)
Now that's fighting talk! Ain't it strange though that you are doing a Newcastle story yet go Sunderland on here.

Now that's fighting talk! Ain't it strange though that you are doing a Newcastle story yet go Sunderland on here.

Everybody loves a challenge mate! 8-| Could say it is, but I love the challenge that comes from them both, building the future for underdogs.

14oc6yr.jpg

Podolski Gets Chance To Shine

2igyn7o.png

Lucas Podolski former Arsenal player has took the plunge and penned a new deal with Roy Hodgsons' Sunderland for an undisclosed fee. The 28 year old striker and left winger failed to make an impact in Arsenals first 11 last season as other players battled for the position. Roy Hodgson made the following comments on the transfer when interviewed by Sky Sports; "Podolski is a vital signing in pushing Sunderland to a higher level, he provides the pace, finishing and composure to steer this club forward. I believe he hasn't been given a fair chance to prove his talent at Arsenal, and I also believe he can prove a point here, his new home Sunderland." Chairman Ryan Thurlow also had to comment on the transfer; "I was approached by Arsenal chairman about the availability of Podolski, a top quality signing. I immediately got into contact with Roy and made this transfer happen."

Will Podolski help Sunderland climb the ladder?

b8ocb8.png

Last edited:
View attachment 340327
Aston Villa Kick off Unbeaten!
Aston Villa have had a fantastic start to the season remaining unbeaten in the month of August. Aston Villa also had a Europa League play-off to get through too, in hope for qualifying for the group stage.

Aston Villa 1-1 Reading
Antonio Luna
Pavel Pogrebynak
What seemed a relatively easy start at home was turned into a tough result to take. As they say though, no game in the Premier League is easy, but i really think we should've won here. We outclassed them in shots, and possession, so it seems they were lucky to come away with a point. Debuts were handed to Krul and Cristante here. It was a corner that Reading failed to clear, which ended up at Luna's feet and he couldn't miss from 10 yards which put Villa ahead but Reading eventually fought back in the 86th minute as Pogrebynak tapped in from Obika's cutback. We should learn to see out a game.

Luzern 1-3 Aston Villa (Europa League Playoff)
Javier Hernandez
Dario Lezcano
Javier Hernandez
Fabian Delph
Well here we go! A return to European football with a qualifier away in Switzerland against FC Luzern. A much better result against a worse team. We give ourselves a great chance of qualifying for the group stage with a very convincing win. Easy for Hernandez to bag goals against opposition of this quality. It was interesting that Zola actually went with a very very strong side in Switzerland, but it did him the business.

Stoke City 0-1 Aston Villa
Nicklas Helenius
A fantastic result! It was a cold sunday down the Britannia, and our boys did the business! A first clean sheet in a Villa jersey for Tim Krul, who starred with a 7.0 while goalscorer Helenius got man of the match in his second-coming in a Villa shirt. Our goal came in the 20th minute, as Joe Bennett fired a long ball forward, which Hernandez controlled superby, before pulling it back for Helenius who couldn't miss from 8 yards. This could be a great platform to build on!

Aston Villa 5-0 Luzern (Europa League Playoff)
Aston Villa win 8-1 on aggregate

Javier Hernandez x2
Alexandre Lacazette
Javier Hernandez
Vurnon Anita
We show our class against Luzern in the second leg here. A fantastic hat-trick for Hernandez, who bagged a fantastic rating of 10.0! 3 goals and an assist, what a day for the lad! Proving his worth to the side, as we bag a place in the Europa League Group Stage. Not only is this the first time Villa have done this in years, it will be a great money earner for Brown and Co. Leon Goretzka played very well also, bagging 2 assists. Hopefully we can transfer this goal scoring over to the league.

The Europa League Group Stage has been drawn, and we've been handed a very tough group!

View attachment 340316

On another footnote, we have also been drawn away at Stoke in the capital one cup. We're in for an infamous cold Tuesday night at the Britannia.
There is no major movements to report in the transfer side of things, the only fresh movement being Libor Kozak joining Czech size Viktoria Plzen on a season long loan.

The next update for the Villans will be an interesting one! They face arguably there first big test of the season as they travel to The Emirates, while they also face early struggler's Manchester City at home. The Europa League also kicks off for the boys in Claret and Blue.

Player of the Month
In a new initiative at AVFC, fans are now being aloud to vote a player of the month, after each month of the play. It is revealed each month on the clubs twitter feed. Here is this months tweet.
View attachment 340315
After a sterling month in the midfield, with 2 assists in the Europa Qualifiers and a 7.3 average rating in the Premier League, the fans chose Vurnon Anita for this months player of the month award. It was a very tight run affair with Javier Hernandez who of course had the one stunning match.

A Word From The Chairman
Overall, i'm very happy with our near perfect to the season. We could've stepped it up against Reading, but it was the first game of the season, so i'll let the lads off. We have to play very well to get out that group, but I remain confident we can battle well on all fronts this season. We find out from the FA if we have secured a few signings very soon which im personally looking forward to. Hopefully, if we have secured these players the balance of the squad is not affected too much. I look forward to seeing what happens over the next month.

Thank you.

Back