European Dreams - A Newcastle United Story

27th JANUARY 2013
Toon smash Toffee's at SJP
View attachment 237225Pierre steps up again as striking competition draws nearView attachment 237223Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has done himself no harm today by grabbing 2 goals and an assist as the Senegalese hitman who are legends on Tyneside, Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse, near their return to action. However, today he showed why he can rival any striker in the Barclays Premier League for the Golden Boot. He scored two indivual goals today where he picked up the ball and sprinted down the left and cut inside to curl into the far corner with the first, and a lovely dribble to the edge of the box before unleashing a powerful effort into the top corner. Toon leader Steven Taylor then added a third from a venemous header, the 3 points were wrapped up after young on-fire Junior Hoilett tooked away a beautiful backheel to make it 4.
January League Standings:
View attachment 237224

View attachment 237242SANTON WAS THE HOTTEST PROPERTYView attachment 237243Juventus tried everything in their power to sign the left-back

Newcastle United manager Tyler Hutchinson today revealed that Davide Santon was the subject of 11 bids in the January transfer window. With today being the 1st of February everyone is reflecting on the last window, managers and fans alike, as Hutchinson said that he didnt have the funds he was hoping for last month. This led to just one January incoming transfer and that came in the shape of a loan deal for 27 year old French international Lassana Diarra, whom was brought in to cover at centre midfield and at right back. However, it wasnt funds that Hutchinson focused on, it was instead the battle to keep hold of Italian left-back Davide Santon who had 11 bids for him rejected, 5 from Juventus. The Turin-based club tabled a first bid of £5m and the last bid was around £8m, it is understood that there were 3 other clubs who bidded, none from Engladn.

Aubameyang is a beast! How much did you sign him for? I'm looking at him for West Brom but not got too much money at the moment.

Aubameyang is a beast! How much did you sign him for? I'm looking at him for West Brom but not got too much money at the moment.

he's loving my tactic!and i signed him for £8m after he had a really succesful season at St Ettiene even though they got relegated, i expected to pay less. Dont regret it though, worth every penny

5th FEBRUARY 2013
Magical Magpies secure fantastic away result

View attachment 237271Hatem comes out of the dark to bring game to lifeView attachment 237270Stoke City's 'tough guy' gameplan came undone this afternoon after Newcastle put flair on show rather than try and combat City's "ugly" style of play, as Hutchinson puts it. Newcastle passed them off the park right from the off with the first goal coming early as Hoilett's shot was saved but it found the feet of Aubameyang who found space to put the ball into the empty net, 17 goals in 22 games for the young Gabonese hitman. Then Stoke's solution to stop the Toon was seemingly to foul them, this gave the game a very frustrating stop-start nature for the rest of the first half. Then Newcastle came out second half with the same idea and kept their heads and the leader of the second half charge was the skilful Hatem Ben Arfa. Ben Arfa made the ball stick to his feet and scored two beautiful curlers from cutting inside that followed beautiful passing moves.

*Newcastle have advanced in the FA Cup after beating Sheffield United 1-0 with Isaac Cuenca getting the goal

Last edited:
9th FEBRUARY 2013
Cisse comes on to win it at Vicarage Road
View attachment 237286I'm back! - Hutchinson: Cisse goal more important than winView attachment 237287
Newcastle United's win away at Watford this afternoon was more than just picking up 3 points, it was seeing last season's goal Messiah show why he's still top dog, no matter what the occasion. It was a toughly contested game in which Watford put up a good fight, but Junior Hoilett just needed a little bit of space and once he had that he could **** the ball over to a speeding Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who touched it down and side-footed it over John Ruddy. But the real talking point came on the 60th minute where Gylfi Sigurdsson was replaced by the fit-again, and evidently eager, Papiss Demba Cisse, Newcastle's number 9. For a player who had been out a collective 5 months this season, he looked like a new player, as hard working as ever. A tirless effort by the Senegalese goal-machine was topped off after he made a run that Aubameyang found and slipped him in, seconds later Cisse had slotted the ball past John Ruddy. The most beautiful image of the game was seeing Cisse and Aubameyang embrace after the goal, they were as happy as eachother, there is no hard feelings over competition for places here.

In other news: Newcastle have accepted a £2.5m bid from West Bromwich Albion for wantaway playmaker Adel Taraabt, if completed the move will go through on 1st July 2013,

Just read through all 25 pages of this (my dissertation's not the most exciting thing in the world), and I've got to say, bravo. Top class mate, keep up the good work!

any decent regens on the books?

What is the budget like in the 2nd season? I spent my 1st seasons budget on Salvatore Boccetti

this is insane, inspired me to start my own save and 1st season bought alderwireld instead of vertonghen

any decent regens on the books?

What is the budget like in the 2nd season? I spent my 1st seasons budget on Salvatore Boccetti

Na not yet mate..and tbh i really had to sell players to make a budget, i was only given £10m

Sumner_05[U said:
[/U]http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/users/196563/;1485839] this is insane, inspired me to start my own save and 1st season bought alderwireld instead of vertonghen

thankyou mate and either a good choice

16th FEBRUARY 2013
Hoops flattened as Toon continue business as normal
View attachment 237656Hoilett stars again in Newcastle winView attachment 237655
Junior Hoilett has, arguably, been one of the most consistent performers in the Premier League this season, providing goals and assists galore. He earned the Man of the Match award today as he led Newcastle to a strong 3-1 victory over impressive 8th place Queens Park Rangers. Icelandic playmaker Gylfi Sigurdsson opened the scoring for Newcastle on the 15th minute to continue his fine goal-scoring form this season. It was Hoilett himself who grabbed the 2nd goal on the 27th minute thanks to a familiar looking run down the left after cutting inside to execute a curling shot into the far corner. Then the game was effectivley killed on the 33rd minute as star striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang grabbed the 3rd as he continues to show his impressive goalscoring talents in what is his first season in England. QPR tightened up a bit in the second half and managed to grab a goal through Valentine Stocker but never looked like threatening after that.

20th FEBRUARY 2013
Magpies dominate relegation-threatened Rovers
View attachment 237658Cisse shows Toon Army what they've been missingView attachment 237659Newcastle have an absolute nack of grabbing early goals to set them on their way and that happened today also. Newcastle won a corner in the 12th minute which resulted in local hero Steven Taylor netting a very powerful header from just inside the box that flew into the top corner. Newcastle doubled their lead on the 34 minutes mark through the recovering Papiss Demba Cisse as he danced by two centre backs before rounding the keeper and cooly slotting into an open net, Cisse has still managed 5 goals in 10 games in what has been a very injury-hamepered year for the number 9. Newcastle wrapped up the victory 2 minutes later from a Gylfi Sigurdsson spectacular as he found the top of the net with a 25-yard screamer.
February League Standings:
View attachment 237657
*Newcastle have advanced in the FA Cup after beating Scunthorpe 3-1 with an O.G, Junior Hoilett and Haris Vuckic getting the goals.

Last edited:
what tactics do you use with Newcastle?

20th FEBRUARY 2013
Magpies dominate relegation-threatened Rovers
View attachment 237658Cisse shows Toon Army what they've been missingView attachment 237659Newcastle have an absolute nack of grabbing early goals to set them on their way and that happened today also. Newcastle won a corner in the 12th minute which resulted in local hero Steven Taylor netting a very powerful header from just inside the box that flew into the top corner. Newcastle doubled their lead on the 34 minutes mark through the recovering Papiss Demba Cisse as he danced by two centre backs before rounding the keeper and cooly slotting into an open net, Cisse has still managed 5 goals in 10 games in what has been a very injury-hamepered year for the number 9. Newcastle wrapped up the victory 2 minutes later from a Gylfi Sigurdsson spectacular as he found the top of the net with a 25-yard screamer.
February League Standings:
View attachment 237657
*Newcastle have advanced in the FA Cup after beating Scunthorpe 3-1 with an O.G, Junior Hoilett and Haris Vuckic getting the goals.

View attachment 2376621st Knockout Round Leg 1
Newcastle United schock all with display of pure class
View attachment 237661Hatem Ben Arfa wraps up most impressive result of seasonView attachment 237660
Newcastle United shock fans and pundits alike by steamrolling Inter Milan in the First Knockout Round first leg in the UEFA Champions League. Many believed a draw or even a loss would be the highest possible achievment for Newcastle in this match as Hutchinson had never prepared for a match against foreign opposition of Inter Milan's quality before. However, they should their attacking football was just as effective against Italian opposition as an early corner allowed Steven Taylor to get Newcastle off to the best possible start in the 8th minute. The next goal was added by Newcastle's wonderkid Hoilett as he scored an easy tap in, his goal was followed by Belgian unit Jan Vertonghen smashing home a close range effort, Hoilett added his 2nd and Newcastle's 4th in first half injury time. Diego Milito gave something for the travelling Milan faithful to cheer about on the 72nd minute but Newcastle's mercurial Hatem Ben Arfa silenced their feint cheers with a left footed freekick in the 80th minute, Hutchinson takes the best possible advantage into the second leg.

View attachment 237679ASHLEY: I'LL SIGN YOU ADAM JOHNSON
View attachment 237678View attachment 237677
Reward: Ashley vows to sign the wanaway winger as a gift for succesful Hutchinson

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley (far left) has today revealed that he has spoken to manager Tyler Hutchinson, and has revealed that he will sign him Manchester City winger Adam Johnson as a reward for Hutchinson's recent success. Ashley said that he had notified Hutchinson of his plans and gave him a shortlist of players who he was willing to sign, based on age, position, availabilty and value. Adam Johnson is believed to be worth aroud £5m and has stated his intentions of leaving the Manchester club. He would surely jump at the chance of joining the Geordie champions, having grown up a Newcastle supporter.