European Dreams - A Newcastle United Story

View attachment 238922
Quarter Final Leg 1
Newcastle leave Lyon carrying the advantage
View attachment 238920Sigurdsson nets two penalties to win the gameView attachment 238921
Newcastle United upset the odds today in Lyon as they emerged with a 2 goal advantage to take back to Newcastle as they continue a very impressive Champions League campaign. They set out to attack the French side in the first half but to no avail as Lyon took everything they through at them. It wasn't until the 55th minute when Papiss Cisse was brought down in the box, allowing playmaker Gylfi Sigurdsson to capitalize by scoring the penalty. This brought Newcastle to life and they managed to get another penalty in the 63rd minute from a Hatem Ben Arfa freekick that found the hand of a Lyon player, Sigurdsson netted once more. Fans are starting to realise that winning this competition is a real possibility.

14th APRIL 2013
Classy Newcastle run the show at Anfield
View attachment 238945Pierre continues to trouble defences as he reaches his 23rd goal of the seasonView attachment 238946
Newcastle travelled to Anfield today to further the chances of a second consecutive Barclays Premier League title in a game that was hard fought throughout. Newcastle had a bright start, commingly occuring this season, as Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang grabbed a goal in the 8th minute to send a wave of frustration around the Liverpool supporters. Newcastle then continued their impressive performance by adding another on 25 minutes through Gylfi Sigurdsson as he lobbed Pepe Reina who was caught off his line. The final goal of the game came 12 minutes later through ex-Newcastle Geordie striker Andy Carroll, getting on the end of a Gerrard cross. However this was not enough and Newcastle took 3 points back to Tyneside with them.

View attachment 239074
Quarter Final Leg 2
Newcastle reach Semi's after domination in both legs
View attachment 239072Lyon will not be sad to see the back of Sigurdsson after he scored 3 goals over the two legsView attachment 239073
Newcastle United have their fans dreaming after they booked their places in the semi finals of the Champions League after a win over Lyon. The Magpies sent St James' Park wild after Gylfi Sigurdsson lined up a freekick 30 yards from goal in the 4th minute of first half injury time which he flawlessly struck into the top corner, with the ball speeding and swerving, no keeper in the world would have stopped it. Newcastle then doubled their lead in the 62nd minute through a Papiss Demba Cisse penalty. A late Dejan Lovren header could not give Lyon the required push to score 4 goals.

*Semi Final Draw:
Newcastle United v Real Madrid CF
Manchester United v Juventus

Last edited:
24th APRIL 2013

Toon leave Saints with it all to do as relegation beckons
View attachment 239090Cisse effectively ensures title for Toon, but also relegation for So'ton
View attachment 239089
Newcastle United have imminently secured the Barclays Premier League Title but in doing so they have placed Southampton on edge as they slip ever closer to the npower Championship. In what was a rather scrappy affair, both sides had their fair share of chances as both sides had something to fight for, as 1st versus 20th mostly does. The only goal of the game came in the 24th minute from the on-form hitman Papiss Demba Cisse who's horrid injury-plagued start to the season seems a distant memory as the Senegalese number nine has bettered his goal ratio for last season. He is 3 goals away from reaching 20 goals in all competitions, despite missing 5 months of the season, he is having opposite luck to that of Demba Ba who has also returned from 5 months out and he hasnt been able to kick on with the same effect of Cisse. Many believe that unless Demba Ba over-performs for the remainder of the season, he will be sold and replaced.

*Newcastle have reached the final of the FA Cup after a 2-2 draw with Chelsea which the Tyneside club won on penalties.(Ba, Cisse)

Last edited:
27th APRIL 2013
Newcastle demolish Baggies at SJP
View attachment 239096Papiss Demba Cisse grabbed 2 to add to his ever increasing tallyView attachment 239097Newcastle United continue their charge towards the title by crushing a hapless West Bromwich Albion at St James' Park. Legendary number 9 Papiss Cisse got the scoring underway for Newcastle after he netted in the 16th minute after a lovely run and finish. West Brom put the pressure on after that and equilised on the half-hour mark from striker Nam-Hae Tee has made the most of Jan Vertonghen's slip. Newcastle picked themselves up and dusted off straight away as they regained the lead four minutes later from a Gylfi Sigurdsson penalty. Newcastle's 3rd goal came again from Papiss Cisse on 65 minutes, the striker has now scored 10 goals in 12 games since his injury. Finally, utility midfielder Dan Gosling wrapped up the win with his first goal of the season.
April League Standings:
View attachment 239095

View attachment 239099BA: I WILL LEAVE IN THE SUMMERView attachment 239098Ba: Better for all involved if I move on

Some
breaking news coming out of Newcastle United as Demba Ba reveals that he will leave the Tyneside club in the Summer, if Newcastle recieve an acceptable offer. The Senegalese international has only managed 1 goal in 11 games this season after struggling to regain fitness from a leg break and has not been able to provide enough to get first team action. Demba has spoke exclusively to Sky Sports News: "I have had lengthy discussions with the manager, my family, my agent and my team-mates and I have come to the conclusion that it will be best for all parties if I am sold. I have struggled with fitness and I don't believe I could challenge Papiss and Pierre for first team action any time soon, I have no quarms with anyone, I love the club, the fans and the manager, this is the best club i've played for. I just realised how hard i've found it to get back up to speed when Papiss has since scored 10 goals, Newcastle will have no issue in replacing me. Hutchinson didn't want to sell me but he respects my decision, however he has stressed that if the offer does not meet his high valuation of me then I'll be staying which I respect. So we will see what happens." Demba was voted Barclays Premier League Player's Player of the Year last season.

Sad thing that Ba will leave. :'( Really interested in who will you buy as replacement. Oh, and great story! Keep up the good work!

Lovin the Story. Who are you thinking of getting to replace Demba? :)

As my strikers ive got Cisse, Ba on the left wing, Luuk De Jong and Pierre, how can i fit them all in, what do you do?

View attachment 239175Semi Final Leg 1
Newcastle defence do the job in Madrid
View attachment 239177Krul put in a MoM performance to keep the goals outView attachment 239176
Newcastle United put in a very disciplined and hard-working performance at the Santiago Bernabeau to ensure that the ball is very much in their court for a place in the final of Europe's most prestigious competition. Real Madrid threw all they could at Newcastle throughout the full 90 minutes but Tim Krul and his back four stayed stubborn and didnt allow Madrid any chance of gaining an advantage. Krul recieved the Man of the Match award thanks to some brilliant saves and his leadership over the back four was phenomenal. Newcastle will be very much looking to settle this tie at St James' Park, as a the prospect of a dream final in the UEFA Champions League at Wembley.

Following this from start to finish and this is as good when you first started. Gd Job bud and it has even encouraged me to start my own story with Man City as first story i have done take a look and see what you think so far if u dont mind. Manchester City - The rise above the devils. Keep up the good work mate

4th MAY 2013
Toon strike down Canaries

View attachment 239182Papiss scores yet again to win yet another 3 pointsView attachment 239183
Newcastle United have ensured that they will imminently be Barclays Premier League Champions, unless there is some sort of armmagedon which ensues today. Papiss Demba Cisse grabbed the first goal in the 30th minute from a wonderful curling effort that had John Ruddy rooted to the spot. The Tyneside club then added another just 9 minutes later through French attacker Hatem Ben Arfa as he continues what has been a very impressive season for the mercurial attacking midfielder as he picked up his 6th goal of the season after cementing a first team place, pushing Sigurdsson back into a deeper midfield role.

View attachment 239191Semi Final Leg 2
Toon reach Final after comeback!
View attachment 239192Hatem rains on Madrid's parade to put Toon in finalView attachment 239190
Newcastle United have done what many considered impossible as they have reached the final of the UEFA Champions League thanks to a dramatic comeback win against Liga BBVA champions Real Madrid. However, the game did not start in a fairytale fashion for Newcastle as Real Madrid took the lead through Brazilian midfielder Kaka which silenced the 58,000 Geordie's in the stadium and led Hutchinson to rethink completely. Hutchinson screamed different instructions at his players throughout the half and his team finally equilised through a corner which found the head of big centre-back Jan Vertonghen in the 45th minute. Both teams were clearly instructed to go for it at half time because it became an end to end affair with both sides showing off excellent attacking football, but it was Newcastle's Hatem Ben Arfa who found the space which he dually ran into and hit the ball over Iker Casillas from outside the box in the 86th minute to send St James' Park into absolute party mode.

*Newcastle will face Manchester United in the final of the Champions League after the North-West side handed a 10-2 aggregate win over Italian side Juventus.

15th MAY 2013
Newcastle show Bolton how it's done at Reebok
View attachment 239212Papiss Demba Cisse continues amazing comeback season
View attachment 239213
Newcastle United once again displayed their mass superiority over all other Premier League clubs today after hammering Bolton in Yorkshire. Newcastle grabbed the ideal start after luckless Demba Ba, who was given a start today, took his chance to impress by cutting inside and putting a lovely shot past Adam Bogdan at his near post, it was the 27 year old's first goal since August. The Toon continued their charge as Mr Reliable Papiss Demba Cisse got a goal in the 29th minute as he puts a virtually non-existant first half to the season behind him, Cisse grabbed his 2nd and Newcastle's 3rd 18 minutes from time to effectively guarentee the Tyneside club all 3 points. The fourth goal came from substitute striker Phil Airey as the young Geordie scored on his first Premier League appearence for the club, the tall striker is still expected to depart in the Summer.

View attachment 239216FA Cup Final
Newcastle lift FA Trophy at Wembley!
View attachment 239218Hatem Ben Arfa scores the deciding goal to win cup!View attachment 239217
Newcastle United have reaffirmed their status as the new kids on the block by continuing their recent domination over English football as they emerged victorious over Manchester United at Wembley. Both sides fielded very very strong sides, despite the fact of facing eachother in the Champions League final was looming. It was perhaps an indication as to how that would go, with both sides standing off and allowing the other to attack with counter-attacking football on the agenda for both teams in this game which lasted the who first half. Manchester United came out in the second half with the same outlook but Newcastle changed things up and it evidently worked as Hatem Ben Arfa broke free in the 47th minute to score as the Man United defence was all at sea. It proved to be the decider as Tyler Hutchionson's Newcastle lifted another trophy under the local manager's reign.View attachment 239215