Everton pushing top 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't think Everton can get top four atm. If they do, Moyes should be knighted.

Beckford and Mucha are good signings -- IF Moyes can get them to reproduce their form in the Premier Division. But you have to compare those signings with the clubs above you -- Man City about to sign Yaya Toure and David Silva for instance.

Sorry, but Beckford is really a good signing. He only seems to turn up when he's on the TV, and isn't at all proven at this level. Yes, he scored against Man Utd, but that doesn't mean he's Premiership level - he's never played week in week out at a top level, and I think Everton could have made a much better signing than him to be honest.

Sorry, but Beckford is really a good signing. He only seems to turn up when he's on the TV, and isn't at all proven at this level. Yes, he scored against Man Utd, but that doesn't mean he's Premiership level - he's never played week in week out at a top level, and I think Everton could have made a much better signing than him to be honest.

137 goals in 237 appearances -- how many times has he been on tv ;) Seriously though, it's a good bit of business considering he was free.

Completely disagree with pretty much all of you, possibly blind optimism, we went through a stage this season with a large percentage of players missing going 24 matches unbeaten, including beating Man City(twice), Chelsea and United. I personally think it is a misconception that managers need and want money to perform well, Moyes is a good bargain hunter so in reply to your comment JP Woody, I believe he takes more pride in signing Arteta, Pienaar, Lescott etc for minimal prices, and to build a club full of team players with no overpaid wankers or stars still has a place in this game, therefore I am backing us with a couple of signings to really challenge.

Villa are no way better than us whoever said that.

This. Everton as a team is way better than City and Villa. Everton completely outplayed city in 2 matches and if they had striker available for first half or if Arteta was fit from start they would have surely finished atleast 5th if not fourth.

People talking about Squad depth, get a grip. Even if teams with best of squad strength lose key players they will struggle. Its no rocket science. They Missed Arteta for the first half who is the key player and Fellaini for the second half. Not to mention jagielka who was their best Center back,

So any team that loses their mail creative player, spine of team and first choice CB, first choice striker are bound to struggle.

Everton play with much more passion than any top 4 competing teams.

This. Everton as a team is way better than City and Villa. Everton completely outplayed city in 2 matches and if they had striker available for first half or if Arteta was fit from start they would have surely finished atleast 5th if not fourth.

People talking about Squad depth, get a grip. Even if teams with best of squad strength lose key players they will struggle. Its no rocket science. They Missed Arteta for the first half who is the key player and Fellaini for the second half. Not to mention jagielka who was their best Center back,

So any team that loses their mail creative player, spine of team and first choice CB, first choice striker are bound to struggle.

Everton play with much more passion than any top 4 competing teams.
everton are not a better team that city. passion doesnt make you suddenly amazing. city have squad capable of pushing arsenal chelsea an united. everton honestly dont.

squad depth is a big deal. united stayed the in race because orfour squad depth. city have so many players they could suffer the same an still be in it. the same for chelsea, arsenal spend every season with at 6 or 7 important players out at any one time.

everton may play with more passion united and chelsea etc. but where has it got them in terms of the title of the title? nowhere, because passion doesnt make up for sheer footballing ability

I honestly think it's over for Villa and Everton for a few years in terms of 4th spot, City and Tottenham could already spend hundreds of millions more than our respective clubs and it was an achievment to keep in the race until late on in the season. Not to mention the fact that Liverpool also are going to be in the running this season, say what you want about the team as a whole but they have players capapable of pushing them all the way (assuming they stay).

Also don't forget Harry Redknapp is in charge of Tottenham so expect him to spend every penny of the Champions League money on transfers (I think they've already signed a Brazilian midfielder from Santos?) and they will probably be quite good. Everton and Villa do have good teams and personally if Villa don't make it I'd deffinately like to see Everton get it but when City are signing David Silva and Everton are signing Jermaine Beckford it's pretty self explanatory situation. I really hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

I think that Everton are at least on a par with Villa, and but for a lot of bad luck and injuries they could have competed for the fourth spot last season.

I honestly think it's over for Villa and Everton for a few years in terms of 4th spot, City and Tottenham could already spend hundreds of millions more than our respective clubs and it was an achievment to keep in the race until late on in the season. Not to mention the fact that Liverpool also are going to be in the running this season, say what you want about the team as a whole but they have players capapable of pushing them all the way (assuming they stay).

Also don't forget Harry Redknapp is in charge of Tottenham so expect him to spend every penny of the Champions League money on transfers (I think they've already signed a Brazilian midfielder from Santos?) and they will probably be quite good. Everton and Villa do have good teams and personally if Villa don't make it I'd deffinately like to see Everton get it but when City are signing David Silva and Everton are signing Jermaine Beckford it's pretty self explanatory situation. I really hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

^This, basically. I hope, I truly hope, that Villa sign a proven goalscorer and a lot of decent backup. Maybe then we could, just possibly, compete. Until then, I doubt it.

Your wrong mate, we were a better team than city last year without a date, we absolutely outclassed them twice, and but for a few injuries would have without doubt finished higher than them, so banking on a full team this year i think we can.

Howard
Heitinga Jagielka Yobo Baines

Fellaini
Arteta Cahill
Donovan(hopefully) Pienaar(hopefully)
Saha/Yak

I think that is a ****** good team, along with the likes of Rodwell, Gosling, Bilayletdinov, Beckford, Neville, Osman as backup who knows. Personally I think that team is better than Tottenhams.

we beat like most of the teams above us last year, the double over city, good performances against spurs and villa, just the same old problem, manager under too much pressure with no money, as JP said, he's no miracle worker, its unfair.....hopefully a solid start to the season for once

Your wrong mate, we were a better team than city last year without a date, we absolutely outclassed them twice, and but for a few injuries would have without doubt finished higher than them, so banking on a full team this year i think we can.

Howard
Heitinga Jagielka Yobo Baines

Fellaini
Arteta Cahill
Donovan(hopefully) Pienaar(hopefully)
Saha/Yak

I think that is a ****** good team, along with the likes of Rodwell, Gosling, Bilayletdinov, Beckford, Neville, Osman as backup who knows. Personally I think that team is better than Tottenhams.
im sorry you are being incredibly biased they just dont match up, and i very much doubt many people will agree with your team
vs

given

boateng
kompany
toure
richards

de jong
toure

silva
tevez
johnson

adebayor

i hate city but that is a better team than you. stop being so one eyed.

the results are bare out from last season. you werent even particluarly close, and with city to strength further and spurs to buy big you're just not being realistic

themadsheep2001;545586]everton are not a better team that city. passion doesnt make you suddenly amazing. city have squad capable of pushing arsenal chelsea an united. everton honestly dont.

City got better individuals, Everton got better team.

squad depth is a big deal. united stayed the in race because orfour squad depth. city have so many players they could suffer the same an still be in it. the same for chelsea, arsenal spend every season with at 6 or 7 important players out at any one time.

Where was the same squad depth for United when SAF opted for half fit Rooney who could barely run against Bayern.,

everton may play with more passion united and chelsea etc. but where has it got them in terms of the title of the title? nowhere, because passion doesnt make up for sheer footballing ability

Apart from ManUtd, Chelsea, Arsenal no team got a sniff at title in the decade. What are you on. Everton players knows what it means to play for the club but City players dont.
There are hundreds of players who had amazing talent but couldn't make it coz of attitude. Sheer footballing ability doesnt always gives you success. Robinho is very talented player, but what is his role in city? Talent alone is not enough.

Mancini < Moyes
Given > Howard
Boatang = Heitinga
Lescoot < Jagielka
Toure > Yobo
Bridge >Baines
De jong = Fellaini
Barry > Arteta
Toure > Cahill
Silva > Donovan
Robinio > Pienaar
Teves > Saha/Yak
Man city subs > Everton Subs

Mancini < Moyes
Given > Howard
Richard = Heitinga
Lescoot < Jagielka
Toure > Yobo
Bridge >Baines
De jong = Fellaini
Barry > Arteta
Boteng(sp) = Cahill
Jonson <Donovan
Robinio > Pienaar
Teves > Saha/Yak
Man city subs > Everton Subs

Given is good shot stopper but Howard commands area better than Given.
Richards got no footballing brain, Heitinga is better.
Barry is not better than Arteta. Not even close. Arteta is way better then Barry.
Boateng is a full back, even if you compare with Cahill, its not even close. Cahill is PL proven and one of the best in the league at what he does.
Robinho wont be City player and he is completly different player when playing for Brazil and City.

they can probably go for the 4th or 5th spot.. but with the likes of chelsea and man u.. i doubt they will get higher than that for the next couple of years unless they sign some decent world class players.

change some of that mate forgot new signing, Barry is better than Arteta but they re completely different players but i had to compare them, i think boateng can play mid also but i could be wrong

City got better individuals, Everton got better team.

Where was the same squad depth for United when SAF opted for half fit Rooney who could barely run against Bayern.,

Apart from ManUtd, Chelsea, Arsenal no team got a sniff at title in the decade. What are you on. Everton players knows what it means to play for the club but City players dont.
There are hundreds of players who had amazing talent but couldn't make it coz of attitude. Sheer footballing ability doesnt always gives you success. Robinho is very talented player, but what is his role in city? Talent alone is not enough.
and neither is passion. the facts speak for themselves everton werent even particuluar close to city. manicni is moulding city in a team, that become obvious towards the end of the season.

playing rooney was a tactical gamble rather than an issue of squad depth, fergie got that game very tactically wrong, and even then it was the sending off of rafael that actually cost us

city push will for top 3, everton wont. so how can you argue that everton are a better side. city may not be as passionate as everton, but they play to win, and that is just as big a factor.

we are not taling about hundreds of players. we are talking about everton and city

and neither is passion. the facts speak for themselves everton werent even particuluar close to city. manicni is moulding city in a team, that become obvious towards the end of the season.

playing rooney was a tactical gamble rather than an issue of squad depth, fergie got that game very tactically wrong, and even then it was the sending off of rafael that actually cost us

city push will for top 3, everton wont. so how can you argue that everton are a better side. city may not be as passionate as everton, but they play to win, and that is just as big a factor.

we are not taling about hundreds of players. we are talking about everton and city

Mancity last 5 games: LDWLD, this is what i saw towards the end of the season.

We played Rooney as we didnt have any who can play as lone striker.

City have better individuals, they will buy even more, but to say Everton wont fight for fourth is rubbish. Last season they suffered coz of injuries to their Key players not squad players.

Player who dont give a **** for the shirt wont give all for the team, player who knows what it means to play for the club gives extra 10% everytime like Fletcher. Thats what i meant about passion.

And your last sentence makes no sense. You said sheer ability is enough, but thats not enough.

Mancity last 5 games: LDWLD, this is what i saw towards the end of the season.

We played Rooney as we didnt have any who can play as lone striker.

City have better individuals, they will buy even more, but to say Everton wont fight for fourth is rubbish. Last season they suffered coz of injuries to their Key players not squad players.

Player who dont give a **** for the shirt wont give all for the team, player who knows what it means to play for the club gives extra 10% everytime like Fletcher. Thats what i meant about passion.

And your last sentence makes no sense. You said sheer ability is enough, but thats not enough.
1) im talking about how they gelled as a team wasnt that your point that everton are better team
if you want to compare results:
city finished 5th, everton 8th

2) We played rooney because be thought he'd make bigger impact than berbs, who can play lone striker if you have someone playing through him (scholes playing just behind him). i said top 3, and city are considered serious contenderd, everton are outsiders that makes city a de facto better side

3) fletcher has passion, but he is a also very very good footballer. stoke play with passion dont tell me me they are better than city

4) who says that the all the city players dont give a **** about the shirt, watch tevez when he plays, bellamy, de jong, kompany, given. now man for man, city players may not love the shirt as much as everton but they do give a **** about the shirt and they are professional on the pitch because they want to do well for the teams and for the fans, and that plus sheer talent wins most of the time.

5) i never said it was enough, i said passion doesnt make up for sheer talent.

we are going round in circles. city are a better side than everton. everton will do will to finish top 6. city should be aiming for top 4

City will break the top four this year above Everton and Tottenham and Villa. The money they have will bolster their chances for the coming season.

Moyes has done a creditable job at Everton but needs a bigger club now to prove how good he is but to break the top four with Eveton will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.