Everton pushing top 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I'm a child because I back my club who hasn't won anything since I've supported them yet still have optimism and belief. You support United and are probably from London, you've won things since I can remember so don't lecture me. If Everton finish 4th this season I think I'll have every right to be gloating. It's been a while.
you are being a child because you are being petulant that i didnt agree with you, and then make childish and (false) jibes about where i live and why i support united.

injurys to key player
Kompany
Teves
Adabayor
Barry
Considering only league games,

Kompany= 21(4) and he was not the first choice CB in the first half.
Tevez = 32(3)
Adebayor = 25(1) I dont know whether he was key player or not. I have seen city players wanting him out and never wanted him to wear City's shirt.
Barry= 34.

Compare that to Everton.
Phil Jagielka = 12
Arteta = 13
Fellaini = 22
Yakubu = 25.

These were short term though man, Arteta - 7 months, Fellaini - 6 months on going, Yakubu - 8 months, Anichebe - 7 months, Jagielka - 7 months, Saha - always injured. Now PLEASE try tell me that is not horrendous luck and 10x times worse than your injury "crisis".
its not my injury crises i dont support city XD
but everyone get injurys but when them players were injured they had good players to cover them, yes your injures where bad but they wouldnt have given you 4th place, city are goining to strengthen alot as will spurs, everton wont strengthen enough because they cant afford it

how am i naive? and short minded isnt a phrase. why i would i care if you did finish ahead of them. get over yourself child. any gloating you might do would be pointless. everything i stated was true.[/QUOTE]

Sorry thats not true. Thats your opinion like every Tom **** Harry has one,
eh? spurs and city did trump everton, 4th and 5th place
they are favourties over everton in the race for 4th
they do have bigger transfer kitties

so what i said was true

injurys to key player
Kompany
Teves
Adabayor
Barry
Considering only league appearance

Kompany= 21(4). He was not first choice CB in the first half of the season.
Tevez= 32 (3)
Adebayor = 25 (1)- I dont know whether he was key player or not. I have seen City supporters wanting him out and never wanted him to wear the shirt.
Barry= 34

Compare to Everton
Arteta= 13
Jagielka = 12
Yakubu = 25
Fellaini = 22

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

eh? spurs and city did trump everton, 4th and 5th place

so what i said was true

Football is not played on paper. With all the signings Spurs had 2 points from 8 games. You never know what is instore for them.

Considering only league appearance

Kompany= 21(4). He was not first choice CB in the first half of the season.
Tevez= 32 (3)
Adebayor = 25 (1)- I dont know whether he was key player or not. I have seen City supporters wanting him out and never wanted him to wear the shirt.
Barry= 34

Compare to Everton
Arteta= 13
Jagielka = 12
Yakubu = 25
Fellaini = 22

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Football is not played on paper. With all the signings Spurs had 2 points from 8 games. You never know what is instore for them.
i know that. but its still irrelevant. it doesnt change anything i said from being true.

[COLOR=#00e0][/COLOR]
i know that. but its still irrelevant. it doesnt change anything i said from being true

What, posting city finished at 5th and everton 8th? And you are saying Everton supporter not to keep hopes on 4th spot? Tell me one thing do you think We can win league this time?
Chelsea finished 1st last time, we 2nd, They have good transfer kitty. So by your logic we dont have chance to win league this time.

Lmao Everton 4th? You seriously think you've got a better team compared to Villa, Tottenham, and City?

Sorry mate but you're living in a dream world. Maybe in ten years.

But not this season.

[COLOR=#00e0][/COLOR]

What, posting city finished at 5th and everton 8th? And you are saying Everton supporter not to keep hopes on 4th spot? Tell me one thing do you think We can win league this time?
Chelsea finished 1st last time, we 2nd, They have good transfer kitty. So by your logic we dont have chance to win league this time.
you're being silly, do you what it means to be favourites? it means you are more likely to win. not that you are guarenteed to win. i never said they are guarenteed to finish ahead, i said they are more likely. same with chelsea and united. your point is moot.

i never said not to keep their hopes up, i said they would be hard pressed to finished ahead of them. stop twisting what i say.

spurs and city did trump everton, 4th and 5th place

all of this is true. it doesnt mean everton dont have a chance, it means it will he harder for them, which is what ive been saying all along

Last edited:
[COLOR=#00e0][/COLOR]

yes if chelsea strengthen their team alot and yous dont then you wont win the title, Mad sheepwas just proving that he posted facts and not just his opinion.

you're being silly, do you what it means to be favourites? it means you are more likely to win. not that you are guarenteed to win. i never said they are guarenteed to finish ahead, i said theyl more likely. same with chelsea and united. your point is moot.

i never said not to keep their hopes up, i said they would be hard pressed to finished ahead of them. stop twisting what i say.

purs and city did trump everton, 4th and 5th place

all of this is true. it doesnt mean everton dont have a chance, it means it will he harder for them, which is what ive been saying all along

Lol were on facts spree saying City have good team bla bla bla, now when it comes to United and Chelsea you start so and so are favourites but not guarenteed to win only. Anyways i will leave it here by not quoting you as it is best way.

Lol were on facts spree saying City have good team bla bla bla, now when it comes to United and Chelsea you start so and so are favourites but not guarenteed to win only. Anyways i will leave it here by not quoting you as it is best way.
i have always said that! city and spurs DO have the better teams, that is borne out by the FACT that they finished ahead of everton, and the FACT that they will be able to strengthen their teams more than everton because they have bigger transfer kitties. this makes them favourites to finish ahead of everton this season, but it does not guarentee it. i NEVER said it guarenteed it.

how do you not understand that?

Last edited:
This what he posted, he didnt say they couldnt do it or that it was impossible

This is what he posted. Post # 37

"city push will for top 3, everton wont."

Now dont tell he said 3rd.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Already has happened, and Everton are a ******* big club, so you are ****** ignorant if you think otherwise.

Not being ignorant I am being realistic. Everton went backwards the last time they made the top four and since then the other clubs challeging have moved forwards. You asked if Everton have a chance of making the top four and want posters to give you their opinions but when they are giving you an honest assesment of it you are then saying we are ignorant.

Future lesson for you. Dont start a topic if you cant accept an honest opinion from someone if they disagree with you.

This is what he posted. Post # 37

"city push will for top 3, everton wont."

Now dont tell he said 3rd.
do you know what top 3 is? thats united, chelsea, arsenal. city are capable of splitting that, they will push for top 3. everton are not capable of pushing for top 3 they do not have the squad

I'd be amazed if Everton got fourth this year. As a Tottenham fan, I'm worried that my own team won't be able to hold onto the Champions League spot -- and we have a big, settled squad with a settled manager and a chairman who doesn't mind splashing the cash!

Everton have a small squad -- in terms of real quality. You must be realistic in terms of injuries and suspensions -- you are going to get them and that is where you will fall down.

United and Chelsea are way ahead atm. Then you've got Arsenal. Spurs will be fighting too (hopefully) and then there's Liverpool (one season doesn't make them ****.)

You've a chance of fourth (like everyone else) but don't dismiss the teams who have an obvious head-start on you come the start of the season.

BTW, I'm not slagging your team -- I like Everton and I admire the way they play. I'm just offering an opinion on the intial question posed at the begining of this thread regarding a fourth placed finish.

I would say Everton have a better chance of finishing in the top 4 than Liverpool and Aston Villa, and may even be able to compete with Arsenal and Man City depending on the signings they make. If City get in too many stars people are going to be unhappy etc again, but if Mancini can get them playing then they will be a real force this season. United and Chelsea will need to improve their squads to have such a dominant stranglehold on the PL next season as the other teams are catching fast, and neither team are making the transfers or have the youth coming through.

Everton have some amazing players like Rodwell and Gosling also coming through, who will only help the team over the coming season.

I would say Everton have a better chance of finishing in the top 4 than Liverpool and Aston Villa, and may even be able to compete with Arsenal and Man City depending on the signings they make. If City get in too many stars people are going to be unhappy etc again, but if Mancini can get them playing then they will be a real force this season. United and Chelsea will need to improve their squads to have such a dominant stranglehold on the PL next season as the other teams are catching fast, and neither team are making the transfers or have the youth coming through.

Everton have some amazing players like Rodwell and Gosling also coming through, who will only help the team over the coming season.
Thank you.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Not being ignorant I am being realistic. Everton went backwards the last time they made the top four and since then the other clubs challeging have moved forwards. You asked if Everton have a chance of making the top four and want posters to give you their opinions but when they are giving you an honest assesment of it you are then saying we are ignorant.

Future lesson for you. Dont start a topic if you cant accept an honest opinion from someone if they disagree with you.
Another completely incorrect statement how can you say we've gone backwards since that season we came 4th, we have been in the top 6 the next 3 years and this year 7th. If you ask me that is the most consistent performance of any team outside Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool?

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Lmao Everton 4th? You seriously think you've got a better team compared to Villa, Tottenham, and City?

Sorry mate but you're living in a dream world. Maybe in ten years.

But not this season.
Villa - Yes. Can quite possibly see Tottenham flopping and who knows with City.

Status
Not open for further replies.