28228.png

11.png

EPL - Match Day 2
Aston Villa
603.png
1 - 4
650.png
Everton

Darren Bent (68) - Tim Cahill (38, 60), Jelle Vossen (87), Romelu Lukaku (90+3)
YellowandRedCard.png
Carlos Cuellar sent off (53)

650.png

J Beckford - J Vossen

Tim Cahill

J Rodwell - M Arteta

M Fellaini

L Baines - J Heitinga - P Jagielka - P Neville (c)

T Howard

linebreak-1.png

In the build up to Sunday afternoon's clash with Aston Villa, Everton manager Andy Gray stated that he was looking for more of the same from his aside, in the wake of the 2 - 0 victory against reigning Premier League Champions Chelsea at Goodison Park. This pre-match statement from Andy Gray certainly motivated the Everton players, with Gray's side putting in a convincing display to brush aside Gerard Houllier's Aston Villa in their back yard.

The first half saw Everton dominating possession without fully capitalising, however that was until vice-captain Tim Cahill opened the day's scoring in the 38th minute with a thunderbolt from the edge of the area, a type of goal that is not usually associated with the Australian. It was a well worked flowing move from front to back with Everton once again showing that they can turn on the style at any opportunity. With the team's going in at half time at 1 - 0 Aston Villa must have believed that they still had an opportunity to come back into the game.

EvertonvAstonVillaFACup5thRoundCQcKwUqhy7rl.jpg

Cahill made it 2 in 2 as he scored comfortably against Villa keeper Brad Friedel

With the second half kicking off Aston Villa certainly looked fired up and put in a few hard challenges in a bid to get under Andy Gray's side's skin. However this feisty side of Aston Villa soon cost them dearly with Spanish defender Carlos Cueller receiving his marching orders when he brought down Everton striker Jelle Vossen who was clean through and looked destined to score. It wasn't long before Everton capitalised on their numerical advantage with the tireless inside forward Tim Cahill grabbing his second scoring a wonderful curling effort from just inside the penalty area with Jermaine Beckford playing him clean through.

Despite going down to 10 men, and 2 goals down, Aston Villa's heart was still there and they gave themselves hope in the 68th minute when Darren Bent beat Phil Jagielka in the air to pop a header into the far corner past a despairing Tim Howard. This sparked a mini revival from the Villains with Houllier really going for it in an effort to grab an equaliser. In a bid to bring some stability to the match, Everton boss Andy Gray made three changes bringing on three of his new signings, Romelu Lukaku, Helge Haugen and Moussa Sissoko with a massive cheer ringing out from the away fans, as they showed their delight in seeing their new men in action.

romelu-lukaku-goals.jpg

Lukaku delighted fans with his instant impact as he scored and assisted against Villains

With the game looking like it was going to end up petering out with Everton winning 2 - 1, it was the new signing Romelu Lukaku inspiring a late push from the Merseyside club as he picked up the ball from a Tim Cahill header forward before running to the byline and pulling back a wonderful ball for Jelle Vossen to open his Premier League scoring with a real poachers effort at the far post. It wasn't long before Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel was picking the ball back out of the net after some fantastic work from the ever growing Leighton Baines who ran the length of the pitch down the left flank before placing a great cross straight onto the head of Romelu Lukaku to power in an effort from close range.

Andy Gray will be delighted with his sides performance as they showed flair and tenacity in working hard when Aston Villa were pushing forward. This result is Everton's second straight victory in the Premier League so far and are starting quickly, something that the club has not managed in recent times.

Last edited:
Finally took advantage of the spare man i see! Cahill seems in good form bud? two goals against villa! Lukaku on the score sheet as well! even if it is real late one! fantastic! two wins in two! keep it up bud! great start! more!!

650.png

Houllier praises 'stunning' Cahill

cahill.jpg

In the wake of his sides 4 - 1 defeat to Everton, Aston Villa boss reflected on the result and admitted: "Cahill was simply stunning today."

The Villa boss was left in awe of the Toffee's inside forward as a brace from the Australian continued Everton's impressive start to the Premier League campaign. Houllier said:

"Everton were stunning today, in the first half we couldn't get near them. I felt when we had our player sent off it seemed to help us, but then we went on to concede three more goals.

"I expected a strong performance from Andy Gray's side but what I didn't expect was them to be so organised yet still possess the flair and creativity to tear us to pieces on occasions. We will look to bounce back from this as soon as possible."

Houllier also paid tribute to the game's top player Tim Cahill put in a top drawer performance netting an impressive brace against Villa.

"Cahill was the difference," said Houllier. "Sometimes in games at the top level it's individual brilliance which makes the difference and he was in a difference class today.

"There is no shame in losing today. Sometimes you just have to take a step back and give the opposition credit, say well done and look ahead to our next game, which is against Maritimo in the Europa League on Thursday."

I like it :) great twist after the story with manager comments! ancelloti now houllier! :) its fantastic efffort and detail by you mate! keep it coming! :D

Everton face Leeds in Carling Cup 2nd Round Match
carling.png

linebreak-1.png

leeds.png
650.png

LEEDS UTD VS EVERTON

linebreak-1.png

With many Premier League sides beginning their Carling Cup adventure, and Everton's begins with a tough away tie against a Leeds United side who have won two of their opening three games in the Championship season. With Andy Gray knowing that his side is likely to face a tough challenge it will be interesting to see the Everton lineup, ahead of the match Andy Gray stated that he would give some of the fringe players have an opportunity to show what they can do. It has been rumoured that the Everton boss is going to start with a strike partnership of Romelu Lukaku and Jermaine Beckford as they have attributes that would be well associated with a big man, little man system up front. With Everton winning their opening two matches there is no doubt that Andy Gray's side will be looking to turn on the style and qualify for the next stage of the competition.

Leeds United are currently lying in 3rd position in the Championship and have been in good work, Simon Grayson's side will no doubt looking to gain back to back promotions and reach the clubs believed rightful place, the Premier League. Ahead of the match Simon Grayson was quoted as saying, "A cup run can generate fantastic momentum, and that is what we are looking for, I will be putting out my strongest team, we play on making things difficult for Everton.

"We will be looking for the Elland Road faithful to create an intimidating atmosphere, as they always do to put pressure on the Everton players." The last 4 meetings between the sides at Elland Road have only resulted in an Everton win on one occasion in the 2001-02 season when the Toffee's ran out 1 - 0 winners.

leeds-1.png

P Schmeichel

P Connolly - A O'Brien - A Bruce - A White

M Gradel - N Kilkenny - J Howson (c) - R Snodgrass

S Watt - L Becchio

vs

650.png

R Lukaku - F Brandy

T Cahill

M Sissoko - T Cairney

H Haugen

Alita Turan - S Distin - P Jagielka - P Neville (c)

T Howard

There is certainly one surprise in the Everton lineup with 21 year-old ex Manchester United youth player Febian Brandy starting alongside Romelu Lukaku in their two pronged attack force. Elsewhere Moussa Sissoko makes his first competitive start for the Toffee's alongside Tom Cairney in the centre of midfield, with Helge Haugen undertaking the defensive duties allowing the other midfielders to get forward in a bid to support the strike force. Another surprise for Everton is that 30 year-old Tim Cahill starts in his inside forward role as he bids to add to his impressive 3 goals in 2 matches so far this season. Leeds United on the other hand make only two changes from their side that slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Preston North End on Saturday, with Sanchez Watt coming in playing alongside Becchio with Ross McCormack making way. Elsewhere Leigh Bromby makes way for Alex Bruce to come in the centre of defence for United.

Andy Gray said:
"Today is an important game against Leeds United today, for both the fans and the team. I think it's going to be of paramount importance that we put in a strong performance today and gain qualification to the Third Round. This club has to have ambition in every competition which it plays in, and what's what I have shown today, I have named a strong side with a mixture of experience and youth. Phil Neville and Tim Cahill start as I feel that their knowledge and understanding of playing in matches like this is going to be of great importance.

Febian has looked very sharp in training and is desperate to show what he can do, I think that him starting alongside Romelu could work extremely well as I feel they both have attributes that bring out the best of the other. Febian has incredible pace and we will be looking at utilising all of our skills today. It is going to be important that the team continues to put in strong performances like we have already this season, as I feel that the momentum that can be gained from going on a run can really prove the difference between success and failure."

Andy-Gray-1.jpg

linebreak-1.png

28228.png

Brandy stars as United brushed aside

650.png

carling.png

Carling Cup - 2nd Round Match
Leeds Utd
leeds-1.png
0 - 4
650.png
Everton

Febian Brandy (59, 89), Tim Cahill (60), Romelu Lukaku (85)

A dazzling second half performance from Everton was enough to sink a resilient Leeds United side. The match started in quick fashion with Leeds United taking the game to Everton as they looked to show the Premiership side that they were going to have a tough 90 minutes ahead of them, and it certainly looked that way and did indeed cause the Toffee's some problems. With Luciano Becchio missing an absolute sitter after being played clean through from a brilliantly weighted pass from talismanic Leeds midfielder and captain Jonny Howson only to squander the chance firing wide from close range. Everton did however pose several threats with Leeds United keeper Kasper Schemichel being forced into some top draw saves from both Moussa Sissoko and Romelu Lukaku.

pa-photos_t_bury-leeds-united-friendly-gigg-lane-photos-2107c.jpg

Kasper Schemichel put in a fantastic display in the first half

The second half however proved a different story, as a certain 21 year-old striker Febian Brandy took the game by the scruff of the neck and in the 59th minute scored a potential goal of the season effort, when after a lofted ball forward from Everton captain Phil Neville was controlled brilliantly by the ex-Manchester United striker to loft a delightful lob over the stranded Kasper Schmeichel from 35 yards. Febian Brandy looked delighted with the effort and ran straight over to his manager Andy Gray to celebrate. It was less than a minute before Kasper Schmeichel was picking the ball back out of his net with Tim Cahill grabbing his fourth goal in three games for the Toffee's after receiving the ball from the new signing Febian Brandy to make it 2 - 0 in the 60th minute.

_febianBrandy.jpg

Brandy was delighted with his instant impact for Everton

With the game looking like it was going to end 2 - 0, a late surge from Everton resulted in Romelu Lukaku scoring a well placed finish after once again Febian Brandy was involved running through the middle of the defence before playing the ball to the 17 year-old Belgian International. The rout was finally completed in the 89th minute with Everton's star of the day Febian Brandy grabbing a deserved second after combining brilliantly with Lukaku to score a real poachers effort from the centre of the 6 yard box.

Andy Gray looked delighted with his shadow team's performance and had every reason to be as they put in a fantastic second half performance that saw them run out comfortable 4 - 0 winners. Everton will no doubt now be casting their sites forward to the 3rd Round draw as they look to progress in this competition.

YouTube - Leeds vs Everton - Brandy Goal 59th minute

Last edited:
took you till the second half to break them down! but wonderful result! really good mate :) brandy could become good? :D

took you till the second half to break them down! but wonderful result! really good mate :) brandy could become good? :D

Brandy is a brilliant player, performs so far beyond his stats its unbelievable, :)

Everton go 3 matches unbeaten as Stoke brushed aside

28228.png

11.png

EPL - Match Day 3
Everton
650.png
2 - 0
721.png
Stoke City

Jelle Vossen (24, 60)

650.png

R Lukaku - J Vossen

T Cahill (c)

J Rodwell - M Arteta

M Fellaini

L Baines - J Heitinga - P Jagielka - T Hibbert

T Howard

linebreak-1.png

With the final match of August being played, Everton made it three wins on the trot as a hard working Stoke City were cast aside at Goodison Park today. Stoke City came into the game unbeaten ahead of the potentially tricky away tie with Everton having drawn against Sunderland and Wigan and won against Preston in the Carling Cup. However, this run of form was about to become undone against an ever improving Andy Gray side that has started the season in fantastic form. This win came, despite Everton missing inspirational club-captain Phil Neville who had not recovered in time after the mid week clash against Leeds United.

The first half saw Andy Gray's side create a hat full of chances and enjoy near domination against Stoke City. The first chance of the game came in the 5th minute when Tim Cahill had the opportunity to put Everton into the lead when he was played clean through by Jack Rodwell to only be denied by a fantastic save from Asmir Begovic. The first goal of the day eventually came in the 24th minute courtesy of some great work down the left flank between the ever present Leighton Baines and new signing Romelu Lukaku, with the left back putting in a delightful cross for Jelle Vossen to grab his second goal of the Premier League campaign and first of the day with a real poachers effort.

jelle-vossen-opgeroepen-voor-rode-duivels_5_460x0.jpg

Belgian starlet Jelle Vossen looked delighted scoring his 1st of the day

With both teams entering the tunnel at half time with the score still 1 - 0 to Everton, Stoke City will no doubt have thought that they had weathered the storm and could look for a way back into the game. However, this certainly wasn't the case as once again as soon as the whistle went to announce the kick off Everton got back on the front foot and really pushed Stoke City back to their 18 yard box. A chance came within 5 minutes of the break after some great work from Leon Osman,, who had come on with Tim Cahill making with with complaint of a dead leg suffered in a challenge early in the second half, to play through Jelle Vossen who could only power a shot at the keeper.

The goal eventually came in the 60th minute when through a fantastically well worked move Jelle Vossen grabbed his second of the day with a placed finish from inside the penalty area. It was a wonderfully crafted move with 11 one touch passes being made before the Belgian showed great composure to make it 2 - 0 to the Toffee's. Despite continual pressure being put on Stoke Cit by Everton, they managed to get through the rest of the game without conceding. Once again Andy Gray will be absolutely delighted with the ability that Everton showed today as all the new signings that were involved look comfortable on the ball and played some fantastic football. This makes it 3 wins out of 3 for Everton so far this season having scored 8 goals and conceded just 1.

Everton sign Peterborough star Bennett

28228.png

Everton have confirmed the signing of Ryan Bennett from Peterborough. He has arrived on a four-year deal for a fee believed to be in the region of £750K plus future clauses. Bennett, from Thurrock, becomes incredibly Everton's ninth signing of the season as Andy Gray adds puts his stamp onto the squad.

The 20 year-old started his club career at Ipswich town before being released on a free transfer and being picked up by Grimbsy Town where he quickly forced himself into the first team where he picked up 103 appearances scoring 6 goals. In the 2009-10 season he was signed on loan by Peterborough on loan, and made 10 appearances before having the transfer made permanent in the January transfer window signing for a club record fee of £500,000. Despite the attention from top clubs it was Everton that secured the signature of the highly rated centre back.

2057043473.jpg

Ryan Bennett has attracted attention from top clubs in the Premier League

The 20 year-old was rumoured to have been seen in the stands at Goodison Park yesterday as he watched the 2 - 0 victory over Stoke City. The defender made no secret of the fact that he desired to join the revolution that was occurring at Everton stating, "I can see that Everton is going places, and I want to prove that I can play at the highest level, I am delighted to be given the opportunity to show Andy what I can do. I have belief in my own ability that I will be able to do this."

With the signing completed Andy Gray was quick to sing the praises of the 20 year-old saying, "Ryan is a fantastic prospect, and I am delighted that he has chosen Everton as the club to learn his ways. We are delighted to bolster the squad further as I feel with the demands a player goes through, throughout the season we will greatly benefit from the added depth that Ryan will provide us with."

Ryan Bennett
joins as Everton's fourth centre back alongside Phil Jagielka, Sylvain Distin and John Heitinga. Upon signing the 20 year-old stated that he was looking forward to playing alongside the experienced Everton defenders and hoped that it would help him develop as a person and a player, stating that he aspired to represent England in the future.

Despite securing the signature of nine players under Andy Gray, Everton's wage bill has only increased by £5,000 per week, with the squad being trimmed by the 54 year-old Scot in charge.

Ferguson tips Everton to challenge the big four

28228.png

Sir Alex Ferguson expects Chelsea to be the main team to beat in this season's Premier League and believes that the race for the Champions League places will be far more intense than ever before. With United suffering defeat to Chelsea in the pre-season cup the Community Shield, Ferguson insists that Chelsea are the favourites to retain the title.

Also following Tottenham's top four finish last season that saw them secure Champions League Football, the United manager believes that the monopoly the 'Big Four' once enjoyed is over and expects the likes of Manchester City and Everton to challenge this season.

1982043121-soccer-fa-cup-fourth-round-everton-v-chelsea-goodison-park.jpg

Phil Jagielka has become Everton's rock at the back since joining from Sheffield United

"I think the interesting thing is Everton. They've got all their players back. The first half of last season was a nightmare for them - injuries to major players like Mikel Arteta and Phil Jagielka were big losses for them. With all their players fit as well as the signings that Andy has made they certainly could be an interesting prospect for the season.

If Everton manage to keep all of their players fit and can maintain their early season form, something that they have not managed in recent times then there is every reason that they can pose a significant threat.

Everton have been playing some excellent football this season, and are looking very strong defensively and seem to be scoring plenty of goals as well. There is no doubt that they are going to be a team to watch."

Wow, this story has been brilliant so far. Keep it up! :D

Great Story, I Will Be Following :) Keep Up The Good Work! :D