TFF, how's result away from home from this tactic? I'm struggling to get results away from home with this tactic. Could do some help with your input.
My away results are always appropriate to the strength of the team I manage...

If manage the strongest team in the league, for example, Man City then I win almost all away match.

If manage the mid table team like Swansea then I win some matches and lose/draw some matches… and this in normal because team that play home receives addition morale boost and team that play away received decrease in morale and morale level affects performance of the players.

Mate, if you do more or less right then every team with this tactic will be overachieving.

My away results are always appropriate to the strength of the team I manage...

If manage the strongest team in the league, for example, Man City then I win almost all away match.

If manage the mid table team like Swansea then I win some matches and lose/draw some matches… and this in normal because team that play home receives addition morale boost and team that play away received decrease in morale and morale level affects performance of the players.

Mate, if you do more or less right then every team with this tactic will be overachieving.
+1 ;)

HERE YOU CAN FIND SIMPLIFIED RECOMMENDATIONS ABOUT PLAYERS ATRIBUTES.

Quick look on it should give good understanding what players you need for every position.

(Deep Lying Forward)
Finishing 14+
Technique 14+
Strength 14+
Decisions 14+
Vision 14+
Passing 13+
Off The Ball 14+
Anticipation 13 +

False Nine(F9)
Finishing 14+
Acceleration 14+
Agility 14+
Flair 14+
Pace 12+
Dribbling 14+
Technique 14+
Off The Ball 14+

(Shadow Striker)
Technique 14+
Finishing 13+
Passing 14+
Dribbling 14+
Vision 14+
Flair 14+
Acceleration 14+
Agility 14+
Pace 12+
Off The Ball 14+
Anticipation 13+​

bump ;)

...And what positions do you then put these players in??
If you have player sending off… then you just play without these positions.

no I not use the latest patch

the last patch has changed how things work and now filters are in .fmf format.

Last edited:
Which STR version would be best for me to start a new Utd save?

2 DLFs version suite better for default Man Utd. team because Falcao, RVP and Rooney are too slow and don’t have high enough dribbling for F9 role.

But you always can rebuild the team if you want ;)

I haven't tried this tactic, but I have to say it's amazing that it uses Counter mentality in this ocean of control/attacking/overload tactics we've seen over the past few months.
If it works in the newest patch, then we surely have a winner because other tactics have stopped working due to their gung ho nature.

The tactic is great but for away games, i'm not getting result and i'm Man United.. ): 2-2, 2-2, 3-0(lose)

Guys, I've updated OP and added this:

HERE YOU CAN FIND SIMPLIFIED RECOMMENDATIONS ABOUT PLAYERS ATRIBUTES.

Quick look on it should give good understanding what players you need for every position.

Deep Lying Forward
Finishing 14+
Technique 14+
Strength 14+
Decisions 14+
Vision 14+
Passing 13+
Off The Ball 14+
Anticipation 13+

False Nine(F9)
Finishing 14+
Acceleration 14+
Agility 14+
Flair 14+
Pace 12+
Dribbling 14+
Technique 14+
Off The Ball 14+

Shadow Striker
Technique 14+
Finishing 13+
Passing 14+
Dribbling 14+
Vision 14+
Flair 14+
Acceleration 14+
Agility 14+
Pace 12+
Off The Ball 14+
Anticipation 13+

Right Central Midfielder (Attack)
Technique 14+
Teamwork 14+
Work Rate 14+
Vision 14+
Passing 14+
Decisions 14+
Anticipation 13+
First Touch 13+
Off The Ball 13+
Positioning 11+

Left Central Midfielder (Support)
Technique 14+
Teamwork 14+
Work Rate 14+
Vision 14+
Passing 14+
Decisions 14+
Anticipation 13+
First Touch 13+
Off The Ball 13+
Positioning 11+

Defensive Midfielder
Work Rate 14+
Teamwork 14+
Positioning 14+
Marking 13+
Anticipation 14+
Tackling 13+
Strength 13+
Jumping Reach 11+
Technique 11+
Passing 11+
Vision 11+

Full Backs
Work Rate 14+
Acceleration 14+
Agility 13+
Pace 14+
Positioning 13+
Marking 11+
Tackling 13+
Technique 12+
Passing 12+
Crossing 12+

Central Defenders
Positioning 14+
Marking 14+
Anticipation 13+
Concentration 14+
Strength 14+
Jumping Reach 13+
Tackling 13+
Work Rate 13+
Acceleration 10+
Agility 11+
Pace 13+​

Last edited:
u spoiled us with all this, some people want to much, for me tactic is just enough i know which player takes corners or who i take off when get red card or what kind of strikers i need and which tactic use for my team 2 dlf's or dlf f9

and i don't need player filters im able to find players to fit the tactic my self

hmm it aint for lower teams i guess, not with those requirements, or maybe yes, but expect less from the tactic until suffient players is obtained :)

u spoiled us with all this, some people want to much, for me tactic is just enough i know which player takes corners or who i take off when get red card or what kind of strikers i need and which tactic use for my team 2 dlf's or dlf f9
Sure, Mate... I understand what you are talking about... but for some people this could be really helpful. There are a lot of people around who only staring to learn FM ;)

hmm it aint for lower teams i guess, not with those requirements, or maybe yes, but expect less from the tactic until suffient players is obtained :)
These recommendations could be adapted for any lower league… You just need to reduce technical and mental attributes by 1, 2 or 3 points… it depends on league you play.

Last edited:
I could be mad enough to try in Conference or Italian Serie C, love LLM games xD

reduce technical and mental attributes did cross my mind as a option for LLM, as the rest of the leauge would play with lower stats players too :)

I could be mad enough to try in Conference or Italian Serie C, love LLM games xD

reduce technical and mental attributes did cross my mind as a option for LLM, as the rest of the leauge would play with lower stats players too :)
Also as you can see there’s "+" symbol after each attribute... for example, as top club such Man City or Barca you can easily have players with +2-3 more points for each atriubtes...

These simplified recommendations are supposed to be just an orienteer how player’s CA should be spend… and you should adjust them depends on club you manage and what quality players you can afford. It's simple as that ;)

This is where I finished with Orient.

Last edited:
This is where I finished with Orient.
4f95ccb3d8ec24c28e8c8638212f1d40.png

Did you use "F9" version?

thanks.