Which version did you use?
I used "2 DLFs" version because Van Persie, Falcao and Rooney are too slow for "F9" role but I also tested "F9" version with other team and I liked it more than "2 DLF" version... so I'm think to buy good player for "F9" version.

So, I never really play with bigger teams and I've been trying to create a similar 4-3-1-2 tactic, which are popular in Italy, with limited success. Have used Alligator as a back-up in other saves which is a great tactic so decided to give this a go and the results have been very good. I like Atalanta as they have good facilities but are a smaller club and to be 5th going in to the new year with only two losses is pretty incredible if you ask me. Realised I hadn't taken the editor off when I started this save so I've posted my transfers to show I haven't used it and also shown my strongest 11 (with the exception of Khune who is away at the African Cup of Nations) to show they aren't the best side and with the signings I've made a they're a very young side.

The Torino game I got FM'd big time and a few of the draws (Napoli, Cesena and Parma) should have been wins but for a combination of poor finishing, ridiculous own goals and 50 yard wonder strikes. Also about 12 of the goals I've conceded all season have been set pieces or penalties but that's just down to FM being a bit **** this year.

View attachment 297571View attachment 297569View attachment 297568View attachment 297567

Last edited:
I would also highly recommend German Denis as a DLF, he had a couple of injuries at the start of the season but since he's been fit he's been awesome. He is 32 but has a good couple of years in him and has good determination so he'll be great tutor. A young player called Tiziano Tulissi has come on leaps and bounds with his tutiledge.
View attachment 297553

By default, filters show 7 - 11 the best world players for position and of course you can afford such player only if you are top club such Man City, Barca, Real... but if you aren't top club then you have to easy "Match Conditions" in filters... so you slowly start "easy" match condition by 1 condition till you find affordable players for your club.

Thank you for the reply and I will give it a shot. I enjoyed you're 14 tactic and alligator very much I just always felt like I wasn't getting the most I could from it because I couldn't get the right players to fit. I'm still learning how to play fm (as I was only introduced to it little over a year ago) and I'm learning soccer as well (as I only started appreciating it this last world cup). So knowing what I'm looking for in players is a big plus for me, since I don't completely understand the roles yet. (Although I've learned a great deal and I could give you a dictionary definition it doesn't translate well to the pitch). I'll keep grinding and hopefully work out a niche somewhere, thanks.

Could this work lower league, that much higher d line scares me

Would F9 or DLF more difficult to get? I am lower league team with -ve budget....not going so well with this tac.

Did someone previous say there is a in-game editor to make the tac fluid???? Would like to have it before I critise this tac too much

Would F9 or DLF more difficult to get? I am lower league team with -ve budget....not going so well with this tac.

Did someone previous say there is a in-game editor to make the tac fluid???? Would like to have it before I critise this tac too much

You could use either the official IGE or FMRTE. Both cost money though.

Using f9 newcastle first season win epl with 114 goal and 30 concede very nice

Loving this tactic! Thank you.
Currently using it with either a AF(a)/F9(s) or DLF(s)/F9(s) frontline, depending on which forwards are picked for the game.

Hey TFF9, can this tact work on 15.1.3? Tnx
Hey mate,

I really don't think that changes between patches is such big that this tactic won't work at all. I'm sure that it'll work but the question is how efficient... and I'm afraid the only way to find out it is just try it ;)

Only difference is the F9 and deep lying foward?
Yes.
So I can switch between that?
Yes.
Is the first deep lying foward attack format?
Heh... Mate, I don't understand this question :)

Could this work lower league, that much higher d line scares me
No fear mate ;)

P.S. Thanks for feedbacks guys!

Last edited:
Hi,

I started a save with Liverpool. Thought after last year the diamond formation was spectacular to try. I look to have the same problem as in real life last year. My defence is very poor. I red all the posts and it seems to be a good defensive tactic..

Is it the defence ore is it something i didn`t notice in the post? My training as the same as posted..

ive had some pretty mixed gamae with thsi i cant seem to score getting smashed with my swansea side to likes of burnley ive sodl bony not by c hoice so i brought in castillo an locadia odegarrd hejmark an stancui an mathew targett yet never do anything so many wasted chances poor defence constant mistakes yet followed all in the OP