What a story! I just read the whole this page and last page, all of them have been excellent updates. ;)

Glad you like, thanks for the comments all. I'm writing a bit now, but depending on quality or quantity, there may be an update in a bit.

Pure dung ;)

Get off my thread and do some kits, lazy **** :p

# # # # #

September 30th, 2009 (cont.)

I came off the phone to Amesbury Town chairman Dave Rhodes. Nice bloke. He said that with the lack of a manager, and only an Assistant to nothing, he’d like to give me a test to see how well I can communicate to the players.

I was so excited. I’ve never heard of the club, but only three months after starting a course, I’ve been contacted by a football club. There really was only one choice.

I agreed to the offer.

October 4th, 2009

My phone woke me up at around half eight, which was pretty annoying: I’d planned to sleep in after a few last night. Thankfully, it was important and was good news. Mr Rhodes had called to remind me of our meeting later today to discuss terms, issues and so forth. Admittedly, I was feeling a tad nervous, but **** was I excited! In around five hours I’d be sitting with him.

Best get ready!

October 4th, 2009 (cont.)

Well, I’m relieved to say that the interview went brilliantly! I was told that I speak well for a Welshman, and I don’t seem the type to be banging any sheep. He said I was formal, up front, and very, very confident. He did remind me that there was another one person that they are to interview, but I wasn’t to worry as he was only for a Manager/Coach/Scout position.

I’m expecting a call within the next few days to get the verdict; the outcome.

I can’t wait that long!

. . . . .​

I phoned my father, mother, brother, ex-girlfriend (silly, I know), and Allison (as previous). They were all proud but I had the latter crying to me about the kid.

I know who I’m not phoning again!

Anyway, although I knew it wasn’t going to happen for another few days, I refused to leave the hotel room in which I’m staying at and waited anxiously next to the phone, constantly switching TV channels and surfing local sports websites.

Argh, wish time would ****** hurry up!

October 7th, 2009

I set my alarm for 6 am this morning, as it was the third day since the interview. The call must be coming today!

. . . . .​

It had passed four thirty and I lost all hope of that eagerly-awaited call by now.

Maybe he’ll call tomorrow..

I went down the road to get a lovely chip butty from the local chip shop. It was nicer than any other chip butty I’ve tasted – it really was delicious with ketchup! I’d been gone around ten minutes when I got back to the room. And I’d left my phone on the bed.

And I had one missed call:

Dave ****** Rhodes!

:O You forgot your phone!

:O Tell me you haven't ****** it up!

October 7th, 2009 (cont.)

I was debating with myself (yes, I said debating) whether to call back, or leave just in case he rings again.

I don’t want to be rude.

But he may not call again.

I did call back. He answered almost immediately. I apologised for not answering the phone, and before I could even give a reason, he intervened with: ‘Not nervous, are you? The nervous managers are the worst ones, you know..?’

I said sorry once more and stated that I’d nipped down to the chip shop to get some food. Anyway, the conversation went on and he spoke about Amesbury Town’s future, past and present.

Yeah, yeah, get on with it man! Am I in or not?

The conversation went on for a good half hour, and came to the end. He said the following words;

‘Congratulations, Mr Dale, on becoming Amesbury Town’s new Player/Manager.’

WHAT?!

Player?? I thought you were an over-weight 30-odd year old welshman?
Great updates as usual mate

October 7th, 2009 (cont.)

I ended the conversation with a shaky ‘thanks’.

Player/Manager? Holy ****, when did that come into the agreement?!

I dropped the phone and wondered what I’d got myself into. I haven’t played football for well over a month and I’m 31. I have a permanent minor back strain, my knees are giving way, and I’m three years older than anyone else on the side!

This really wasn’t good for me, yet I couldn’t phone him back and turn down the job.

. . . . .​

For the past hour, I’ve been umming and ahhing about this. I’m not the best of footballers; I had as much as a little reputation back in South Wales – most assists in the whole league pyramid for two seasons running – but that really meant nothing. I’m out of practice, and being the manager I can’t really afford to be bad on the pitch.

I had to get this around to Dave Rhodes somehow, but I couldn’t ring.

Or I could just keep quiet and hope everything runs smoothly.

I have until October 16th to do something.

Oh ****!

# # # # #

October 10th, 2009

I brushed up my knowledge on the little town (around twice the size of my hometown) and I didn’t know that it was home to Stonehenge, the famous landmark. I even looked at a few properties there. But, as it’s such a small club, I will be on no wage whatsoever, and I have some £450 left. So looking for a house or even a flat was pointless, so it’ll have to be a hotel until I can get some cash.

Crisis loan?

Possibility.

I’m planning to drive there tomorrow to visit the place, its surroundings and options.

I’m a-coming, Amesbury!

October 11th, 2009

It’s ten thirty, and I’ve found a Premier Inn in Amesbury to stay the night, but I’m driving back to London tomorrow. I drove past Stonehenge and it’s very impressive. A few shops took my fancy, especially JD Sports.

My day has been a good one. I managed to keep myself entertained by driving around in my hire car. I parked up at the stadium (I say stadium – it’s a stand and a football pitch) and took a quick walk around. It looked a neat place and a tidy pitch, and I’m starting to feel excited.

Bed now, driving early tomorrow. Less than a week and I’ll be joining my new club!

By the way - sorry Kevy for the earlier insult :$ :$

loving the story mate, been reading non stop since last night! haha keep it up

Just read throough all 8 pages, great work! I'm gripped, so you'd better keep it up :p

Don't worry guys, he knows if he doesn't update often enough he's getting a ***** slap from yours truly.

This is epic - I just read all the way through. Next update, please :p