October 16th, 2009 (cont.)

I return with my boots - £10 black Nike Tiempo’s, sale in JD. Quite cheap for JD, actually. Let’s just hope they don’t fall apart after striking the ball.

Sleep now, big, big day tomorrow. I’ve had permission to watch from the stands – sorry, stand – and not manage the club, to get an assessment and an overview of the current players.

October 17th, 2009

Well, a good first day watching my ‘stars’ – a 1-0 win over Shaftesbury Town. A simple 4-4-2 beat a simple 4-4-2. Winger Luke Howey came off the subs bench to score after half time, but left the pitch injured with minutes to go. Thankfully, there’s not much wrong with him. I was told this was the club’s first win in five, so I was under pressure to change that! The next game is against East Cowes Vics, who are currently 5th. After today’s victory, we sit in ninth.

I can’t wait until Wednesday! I’ve been told I don’t have to play, but I must feature sometime before the turn of the year.

October 19th, 2009

I watched the lads training today, and they all welcomed me once more. They showed great motivation and passion mentally, along with good ballwork skills.

Our next game (my first in charge) is in a couple of days, so I have time to plan out a formation. We travel early tomorrow morning to the Isle of Wight – where East Cowes Victoria Athletic AFC is based. And yes, they boast the longest registered name with the FA.

October 20th, 2009

We’ve arrived at the hotel at precisely one-thirty in the afternoon. We left at half past eight this morning, so we haven’t made bad time.

We set down in the rooms, and I shared with Assistant Manager Steve Rogers. We thought out a formation based on who I thought impressed me enough in training to start tomorrow evening. Here is the team and formation I shall be selecting:

M. Birch

M. Parsonage – D. Stuart – J. Bramley – R. Hammond

R. Coker – M. Leonard
B. Mohan – - - - - - A. Dunn – - - - - - D. Travers
D. Pond

Let’s hope it works out, eh!

Haha, great stuff Mike. Keep it up :)

that was an awesome update! where do you fit in the formation Mr. Dale?

Only time will tell mate. More updates later, written a little more on the proper first day at work ;)

M. Birch

M. Parsonage – D. Stuart – J. Bramley – R. Hammond

R. Coker – M. Leonard
B. Mohan – - - - - - A. Dunn – - - - - - D. Travers
D. Pond

Reo Coker, Mike? :O :p

October 21st, 2009

Well what can I say! We won 3-0 after a very entertaining match! Matty Leanord scored after around ten minutes into the match with a cracking long range effort. The rest of the first half was quite tense, yet very boring. We saw a lot of passing, but little structure and attacking. We scored two in the second half, one being Ryan Hammond’s 40 yard cross-shot. Jammy *******, he had his ear full in the dressing room after the match! Nevertheless, the goal was very well taken.

I gave the boys a free night to deserved champagne and beer – we travel back home tomorrow lunch time. A great way to start management, your team giving you 100%!

Good result to start off with, only just read this story today and I can't believe I missed this, one of the top stories on the site

Just read through this today .. it is amazing joint top story on the site along with eds ofcourse

Great story, with amazing support.. wish mine had this support :'(

Well done though mate, one of the best on the site.

Great story, with amazing support.. wish mine had this support :'(

Well done though mate, one of the best on the site.

I'm sure you'll get the followers you want in due time. Cheers.

Just read through all the pages......the best story on FM Base ever. So good, but the involvement of sheep is waning...why?!

Just started following today, and i have to say this has kept my glued to my lappy for a long time :p good luck mate bring that portugeuse bird back into it.