F.A Community Shield

Comical goal from Hernandez, but to be fair as long as he scores goals, i don't care how they go in, we need a goalscorer, he seems to be one. He kissed the badge as well which i thought was pretty nice of him to show respect to his new club, i really do hope he hits heights for United. Nice lad, good footballer, playing for the best team in the World.. well and truely deserved!

Lol just watched Chicharito's goal ( Link ! ), LOL . What a epic man he is. Right ? Manchester future lies on him.

Chicarito's goal was well bluff, but apart from that, Chelsea were shizzle in the 2nd half :(

He celebrated as if it was a spectacular goal. XD

Good game and a good way to start the season.

He celebrated as if it was a spectacular goal. XD

Good game and a good way to start the season.

To be fair, it was his 1st 'real' goal for Man United.

You wouldn't be impressed if he didn't enjoy it. :)

Hm, I was at the game today, and was hard to believe that the best Chelsea player by far was Sturridge, who completely changed the last 20 minutes. JT was solid in the air, but Ashley Cole was the worst player on the pitch. He looked shakey the whole game against Valencia, and I think he is to blame for the 2 goals. I really thought a late comeback was on, but Berbatov really finished off nicely.

Good game to watch, but Chelsea look to have problems in areas of the pitch, whereas United seem organized and pacey, without the big guns aswell, i.e Ferdinand.

Good watch, I enjoyed the game. :)

EDIT: I don't know why Scholes got MOTM. He put in some dirty tackles, didn't get an assist/goal and hardly changed the game, was pretty crazy. Hernandez, Berbatov or Valencia should have won it!

no i meant that he should be no.7

and owen should be a different number..
cus owen by far dOes NOT deserve to wear that number.
Hernandez doesnt either then, he has only played one competitive game for united.

Hm, I was at the game today, and was hard to believe that the best Chelsea player by far was Sturridge, who completely changed the last 20 minutes. JT was solid in the air, but Ashley Cole was the worst player on the pitch. He looked shakey the whole game against Valencia, and I think he is to blame for the 2 goals. I really thought a late comeback was on, but Berbatov really finished off nicely.

Good game to watch, but Chelsea look to have problems in areas of the pitch, whereas United seem organized and pacey, without the big guns aswell, i.e Ferdinand.

Good watch, I enjoyed the game. :)

EDIT: I don't know why Scholes got MOTM. He put in some dirty tackles, didn't get an assist/goal and hardly changed the game, was pretty crazy. Hernandez, Berbatov or Valencia should have won it!

Scholes was by far the best player on the pitch, Miles better than any player out there. Stats tell you **** all. Going by that logic Xavi is a **** player who is overrated and Iniesta doesn't deserves the credit he gets.

Scholes passing was out of this world and he completely bossed the game.

Scholes was by far the best player on the pitch, Miles better than any player out there. Stats tell you **** all. Going by that logic Xavi is a **** player who is overrated and Iniesta doesn't deserves the credit he gets.

i tottaly agree with this guy..

Scholes controlled the game.

just got back from the game and what can i say, a fantastic day out all round with the added bonus of lifting the shield (oh and its only a friendly match when your team isn't playing for it)

Chicharito looked sharpe when he came on so too did Berba and a classy finish from the big man... United fans were great and very vocal as ever, didn't hear much from the pensioners though which is expected really.

Ashley Cole wasn't at fault.. Malouda was. He gave Cashley no help at all defensively but expected the help offensively.
Malouda did nothing for the team and deserved a bollocking.

Overall, I think we more than deserved the win and showed real ambition. Chicharito's goal probably would have gone in whether it hit him in the face or not, but the smack added some comedy. Pleased for Berbatov too, getting back in the good books.

All in all, bring on Newcastle!!

went to the game and really enjoyed it even though chelsea got hammered :( and first off well played utd they were excellant today and deserved the win and ive got to be honest im really impressed by hernandez i think he can have a great career at utd and even though im not too happy he scored today i can still boast to my utd supporting mates i was there to see his frist goal aye :)

Went to the game today, had free tickets in the Chelsea end although i'm a United fan. Whilst i sat on my hands all game everytime United scored atleast 50 people around me jumped up. I thought it was a very good game played in the right spirit, both teams looked to play football and passed it around well. With my United tinted glasses on i'll try and some up each player as best i can starting with the Chelsea team i thought Hilario looked poor and kicked terribly and didn't fill his defenders with confidence. Terry was average and left Ivanovic exposed at time. Ashley Cole and Ferreira didn't pick up United's wingers well enough and time and time again Scholes sprayed it wide easily and United looked dangerous. Lampard came and went during the game as did Essien. Malouda did nothing before being subbed and Kalou didn't do anything until the 2nd half. Anelka was not exixtent. Of the Chelsea subs Danny Sturridge looked the liveliest and caused United problems, Drogba hardly got a kick. For United VDS started off shakily but grew into the game, maybe could have done better with the goal. O'Shea and Fabio looked solid however Chelsea didn't pose much of a wide threat all game. Vidic was dominant and him and Evans seemed to have a decent understanding, Smalling when he came on looked very nervous. Scholes looked like he was 20 all over again, a majestic performance from the ginger magician. Carrick kept the ball well as you'd expect and Valencia who was my man of the match personally finally found some form. Rooney worked hard and did well setting up the first goal, Owen didn't do much at all. Chicarito came on and looked lively made some good runs, full of energy, looked a bit over excited infront of goal and bundled it over the line (just). Berbs was just Berbs, frustrated me for 45mins and then produced 1 minute of magic. Overall a fantastic day out, it was my first trip to Wembley, the stadium is fantastic although the prices for beer and stuff in side are a little high. Didn't see one ounce of trouble and the fans seemed to get on well, a bit of singing and banter but that was it, it was all played out in the correct spirit both on and off the pitch.

View attachment 97188

View attachment 97189

View attachment 97190

Last edited:
No wonder your tickets were free, you might aswell have been on the ******* moon.

No wonder your tickets were free, you might aswell have been on the ******* moon.

Absolutely cracking view i'll have you know mate, makes the game easier to watch and you see things that you'd miss at pitch level :)

I'm sorry but no, he wasn't. I'm not going by stats at all, Hernandez was more lively, and Berbatov won the game for United, Scholes passing was neat at times, but then again so was Lampards, yet he didn't get Man of the Match? Everyone who looked up was like wtf, Scholes? Valencia was better than Scholes, and i'm not going by stats at all. Scholes was not the best player of the game for me, therefore should not have had the MOTM, oh well, can't change it.

Ashley Cole wasn't at fault.. Malouda was. He gave Cashley no help at all defensively but expected the help offensively.
Malouda did nothing for the team and deserved a bollocking.

No, a fan behind me stood up and shouted to Ashley "WHY ARE YOU WAVING YOUR ******* HANDS ABOUT, HES YOUR MAN".. Because, Ashley got foward too much, and left Valencia free.. It isn't Malouda's job to mark the opposition's winger, it's Cole's, therefore, he was at fault.

Malouda did nothing to be fair, but he didn't make mistakes. Cole did..

Would hate to be a Chelsea fan at this time, terrible form, and players attitudes look bleak.

Like low flying planes?

I'm not gonna bother rising to that, you're meant to be a mod and you're spamming the thread. Try keeping it constructive and about the game yeah? I enjoyed watching the game, maybe you might be able to Wembley one day if Newcastle/Plymouth are ever good enough to get there then you can pass comment.

EDIT: Just watching the highlights on ITV and i swear the commentator just said 'Lampard from quarterback'

scholes passing wasnt just neat, he was splitting chelsea time after time, picking out his man at all ranges. he was dictating the game, thats why he was man of the match, not valencia or hernandez

Back