F.A Community Shield

I'm not gonna bother rising to that, you're meant to be a mod and you're spamming the thread. Try keeping it constructive and about the game yeah? I enjoyed watching the game, maybe you might be able to Wembley one day if Newcastle/Plymouth are ever good enough to get there then you can pass comment.

Calm down lass.

I have been to Wembley to watch the national team and American football, as Newcastle and Plymouth are very unlikely to be there, apart from maybe the league 1 play off's, and if they get there, I shall be there.

It was just a joke, don't get all shirty :)

scholes passing wasnt just neat, he was splitting chelsea time after time, picking out his man at all ranges. he was dictating the game, thats why he was man of the match, not valencia or hernandez

Yet he didn't get an assist? I think there was hardly any direct passing in this game, and the only bit I remember of Scholes was the dirty tackle about 20 minutes in on Lampard, and the bit where he had a chance about 10 yards out, and hit it about 20 metres over.

Sure, you United fans will praise him. But I don't think he was actually that good. Van Der Sar could have got Man of the Match, he kept United in the game to the depth? Just a lot of better performers, that I sat and watched.

But ah well. Cba to argue over something stupid, just think Scholes was the wrong choice.

Calm down lass.

I have been to Wembley to watch the national team and American football, as Newcastle and Plymouth are very unlikely to be there, apart from maybe the league 1 play off's, and if they get there, I shall be there.

It was just a joke, don't get all shirty :)

Ok man, i was just trying to give an opinion on the game and you were more interested in where i sat. The new Wembley is a cracking stadium and every seat in the stadium gets an awesome view.

Ok man, i was just trying to give an opinion on the game and you were more interested in where i sat. The new Wembley is a cracking stadium and every seat in the stadium gets an awesome view.

Agreed...

.. if you like watching ants play football...

.. I kid, I kid.

The game was alot better than expected. Would have liked to see Drogba come on at half time really, to give Chelsea a better chance in the second half seeing as they were already behind.

Yet he didn't get an assist? I think there was hardly any direct passing in this game, and the only bit I remember of Scholes was the dirty tackle about 20 minutes in on Lampard, and the bit where he had a chance about 10 yards out, and hit it about 20 metres over.

Sure, you United fans will praise him. But I don't think he was actually that good. Van Der Sar could have got Man of the Match, he kept United in the game to the depth? Just a lot of better performers, that I sat and watched.

But ah well. Cba to argue over something stupid, just think Scholes was the wrong choice.
xavi doesnt actually get many assist but few will deny hes the best midfielder in the world right now.

you seem to focus on the stats, and not on his actual game. hernandez was good, valencia was good. but but scholes was the key to how we played today in our ball rentention. you're entited to your opinion that he shouldnt have but considering that most people thought he did deserve it, you might want to revise it thats all

I'm sorry but no, he wasn't. I'm not going by stats at all, Hernandez was more lively, and Berbatov won the game for United, Scholes passing was neat at times, but then again so was Lampards, yet he didn't get Man of the Match? Everyone who looked up was like wtf, Scholes? Valencia was better than Scholes, and i'm not going by stats at all. Scholes was not the best player of the game for me, therefore should not have had the MOTM, oh well, can't change it.

No, a fan behind me stood up and shouted to Ashley "WHY ARE YOU WAVING YOUR ******* HANDS ABOUT, HES YOUR MAN".. Because, Ashley got foward too much, and left Valencia free.. It isn't Malouda's job to mark the opposition's winger, it's Cole's, therefore, he was at fault.

Malouda did nothing to be fair, but he didn't make mistakes. Cole did..

Would hate to be a Chelsea fan at this time, terrible form, and players attitudes look bleak.

I agree, it's just ****, being the champions of england.

xavi doesnt actually get many assist but few will deny hes the best midfielder in the world right now.

you seem to focus on the stats, and not on his actual game. hernandez was good, valencia was good. but but scholes was the key to how we played today in our ball rentention. you're entited to your opinion that he shouldnt have but considering that most people thought he did deserve it, you might want to revise it thats all

I wouldn't compare Xavi and Scholes.. Two different players really, Scholes can shoot better than Xavi, Xavi can tackle better than Scholes. Xavi dictates every game he plays, whereas Scholes can be seen to either put in dirty challenges, or score amazing goals.. Not usually the Manchester United playmaker, when Giggs and Carrick are playing?

Also, I haven't looked at any stats.. I sat and watched the whole game. Scholes was hardly dictating the game, it was a scrappy affair and mainly end to end. Sure, he popped a few nice passes to O'Shea on the wing, then again, Lampard's switch of play was there to admire.

I'm happy to sit here and state that he didn't deserve it, but it isn't going to affect anything, so we might aswell drop it, no-one is wrong or right, opinions are there.

End of debate, or opinion sharing.

I'm happy to sit here and state that he didn't deserve it, but it isn't going to affect anything, so we might aswell drop it, no-one is wrong or right, opinions are there.

To be fair, the whole point of a thread like this is to share opinions and talk about them.

Without that, this thread is pointless.

I wouldn't compare Xavi and Scholes.. Two different players really, Scholes can shoot better than Xavi, Xavi can tackle better than Scholes. Xavi dictates every game he plays, whereas Scholes can be seen to either put in dirty challenges, or score amazing goals.. Not usually the Manchester United playmaker, when Giggs and Carrick are playing?

Also, I haven't looked at any stats.. I sat and watched the whole game. Scholes was hardly dictating the game, it was a scrappy affair and mainly end to end. Sure, he popped a few nice passes to O'Shea on the wing, then again, Lampard's switch of play was there to admire.

i cannot believe you just said that scholes isnt the main playmaker, he is our main playmaker, above and beyond giggs and carrick. the latter of which can only dream of doing the things scholes does. scholes has dictated our games for more than a decade. and scholes and xavi are fairly similar in a lot of their key aspects: passing, their reading of the game, the way they find thems extra time to pick out a pass

i cannot believe you just said that scholes isnt the main playmaker, he is our main playmaker, above and beyond giggs and carrick. the latter of which can only dream of doing the things scholes does. scholes has dictated our games for more than a decade. and scholes and xavi are fairly similar in a lot of their key aspects: passing, their reading of the game, the way they find thems extra time to pick out a pass

Surely Beckham, Giggs or Carrick have played more than Scholes as a playmaker? I thought Scholes was more of an impact goalscorer..

Surely Beckham, Giggs or Carrick have played more than Scholes as a playmaker? I thought Scholes was more of an impact goalscorer..
beckham was never a playmaker, giggs only became one relatively recently as his pace faded, but his fooballing brain got even better (hes actually admitted hes a better fotballer now than ever before), carrick hasnt got the same vision as scholes, hes more of a central midfielder than a playmaker.

I cant even believe someone is saying that Scholes was not at his best. He completely dominated the mid field. Carrick, Giggs or any mid fielder can only dream of what Scholes is capable of. Lampard played one cross field ball, that too not forward, sideways and whole game he was invisible. United plays well when Scholes plays well.

His pass to Rooney to set up valencia for first goal count as Rooney assist, but which stat shows the pass made by Scholes? If Scholes performs like this all season without getting a goal and assist i would gladly say he is our player of the year.

i hve to agree with some people on this forum and say scholes was amazing despite his age i still think his a fantastic player and did really well yesterday. i think he deserved man of the match and he made some brilliant passes. really not happy with terry and a.coles performances. cole gave valencia too much space in that first half and terry just didnt look like he was doing anything. i think ivanovic was proberly our best player he had a good game and nearly scored in the first half if it wernt for van der sar being such a good keeper :@:P

i supose i will post my views that knowone will agree with. well done to Utd they took their chances simple as that Chelsea didn't. we looked more of a threat when Sturridge and Drogba came on so if they started then things might have been different but we will never know. was impressed with Essien again today especially getting another 90minutes and looked really good i think Lampard was under par aswell as Terry and Cole. although Scholes did play well and proberly deserved motm im pretty sure all he wanted to do was injure Lampard or Essien his tackling is the worst for a centre midfielder in the world i am convinced that in a Premiership match he would have been sent off yesterday. Chelsea need the Ramires deal to go through we need some new young blood in midfield. I think cole was at fault for the first 2 goals and i wouldnt read much into the Berbatov goal either yes was a good finish but it was just abit of inexpierence from the youngster Bruma that let him in thats all. Ivanovic looked strong at centre back and im going to raise a question here that i never thought i would that maybe a Ivanovic-Alex partnership should be created this season. Im still possitive and really looking forward to saturday, we could possibly do with another winger but when Cech comes back we will be alot stronger no dout about that.

and as for KYLO why would he hate being a Chelsea fan at the moment???pre-season wont count for much coming into a season. and we won the double last season you dont lose that much in just one summer break!!

You don't usually read too much into pre-season, but 4 defeats in a row should be enough to worry you whether it's pre-season or not - especially when your next game is the first game of the new season!

scholes is one the best playmakers in the game and he has all ways been a main part in the united attack there never be a player like scholes again he is a master class .

You don't usually read too much into pre-season, but 4 defeats in a row should be enough to worry you whether it's pre-season or not - especially when your next game is the first game of the new season!

not really mate, its more of a fan issue obviously as a fan you dont want to see your team lose but i think we are struggling for match fitness so it was good for essien to get another 90mins yesterday and drogba looked pretty sharp when he came on.

i supose i will post my views that knowone will agree with. well done to Utd they took their chances simple as that Chelsea didn't. we looked more of a threat when Sturridge and Drogba came on so if they started then things might have been different but we will never know. was impressed with Essien again today especially getting another 90minutes and looked really good i think Lampard was under par aswell as Terry and Cole. although Scholes did play well and proberly deserved motm im pretty sure all he wanted to do was injure Lampard or Essien his tackling is the worst for a centre midfielder in the world i am convinced that in a Premiership match he would have been sent off yesterday. Chelsea need the Ramires deal to go through we need some new young blood in midfield. I think cole was at fault for the first 2 goals and i wouldnt read much into the Berbatov goal either yes was a good finish but it was just abit of inexpierence from the youngster Bruma that let him in thats all. Ivanovic looked strong at centre back and im going to raise a question here that i never thought i would that maybe a Ivanovic-Alex partnership should be created this season. Im still possitive and really looking forward to saturday, we could possibly do with another winger but when Cech comes back we will be alot stronger no dout about that.

and as for KYLO why would he hate being a Chelsea fan at the moment???pre-season wont count for much coming into a season. and we won the double last season you dont lose that much in just one summer break!!

You boast of following chelsea from mid 90s, that means you are following premier league from that time, still you dont have ounce of knowledge on Scholes. He mistimes his tackles. No player ever try to injure a player. I dont know how you rate Terry as a CB as he is more of Thug.

You boast of following chelsea from mid 90s, that means you are following premier league from that time, still you dont have ounce of knowledge on Scholes. He mistimes his tackles. No player ever try to injure a player. I dont know how you rate Terry as a CB as he is more of Thug.

as a centre back you have to be tough because strikers will genualy got tough with you. im just saying his tackles yesterday were so late it was unreal.

as a centre back you have to be tough because strikers will genualy got tough with you. im just saying his tackles yesterday were so late it was unreal.

Paul Scholes has never been able to tackle, its not part of his game. John Terry is a center back and tackleing is ment to be part of his game yet sometimes it looks like Terry would rather hurt the man than get the ball. There is a difference.

Back