Fabregas criticises Ipswich Town's "rugby tactics"

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 6K
I

iNickStuff

picture.php

Cesc Fabregas, the Arsenal captain, has criticised Ipswich Town's tactics during the Gunners' Carling Cup first-leg semi-final defeat at Portman Road last night and said the winning goal came courtesy of a "rugby kick".

Ipswich repeatedly launched quick counter-attacks by hitting long passes from their own half to the centre-forward Tamas Priskin and, after the Hungarian had failed to exploit several of them, he finally made Arsenal pay in the 78th minute – incidentally the same minute that Roger Osborne scored for Town to defeat the same opposition in the 1978 FA Cup final.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/13/ipswich-town-rugby-arsenal-cesc-fabregas

The only thing I dislike about Arsenal. Stand up for yourself during the match then, act like little girls sometimes.

Cesc really shoudn't have said that was probaly just angry after the defeat.
Its also on BBC

Two words:

Sore Loser....

Why say something like this just cos you didnt win.... you should congrats your opposition.....

No, the goal came from a hoof, terrible defending and an even worse officiating decision. Ref was on their side all night, but hey ho, they've still got to come to the Emirates.

He's BURNING on the inside! ahahahahahah What a tawt

Last edited:
Meh hes probably just ****** off becuase they lost, not that big a deal. Wish the guardian had done an article on how Ipswich nullified them tactically, rather than this

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

He's BURNING on the inside! ahahahahahah What a wank
grow up

Fully deserved victory, whether it came from a long ball or not. They looked more threatening with the ball all night, Arsenal didn't do enough and defending poorly on a number of occasions. Arsenal to win 3/4 at the Emirates however.

Also, I hope we can make £££ from him in the summer; another game where he didn't look one bit interested.

Deal with it. Football is about winning, Not playing attractive football. Arsenal dont have the players to deal with hoofs, so teams have correctly identified, and use it against them. Hoofing isn't a crime, rather a successful tactic.
Arsenal players and fans need to stand up and accept that.

Cesc, Cesc, Cesc

You played poor yesterday along with arshavin you gave away a ball that led to the goal and missed a sitter it was a poor performance from him

ipswich played well and played to their strengths and we played poor

sour grapes much?
Maybe if Arsenal had a plan B they'd win games like this...

Oh right Cesc so they beat you by playing rugby and hoofing the ball long, now if you consider that to be the wrong way to play, then how come your superior team couldn't win despite it...

Rugby tactics my backside. Instead of slagging off other teams tactics, he should concentrate on improving his performance and playing better next time

This is why Arsenal get a bad name and get labelled a soft team. Every time they lose its either a bad excuse or the other team didnt play football. If i had a pound for every time i have heard an Arsenal fan say we didn't deserve to lose that game because we had all the ball i would be living in Fulham in a penthouse.

Not every team plays the way Arsenal do and why should they, in football you have to win at all costs because not succeeding in football could be dangerous financial to the club.

Oh right Cesc so they beat you by playing rugby and hoofing the ball long, now if you consider that to be the wrong way to play, then how come your superior team couldn't win despite it...

Cesc just needs to accept we played **** and Ipswich played out thier skin and derserved the win

I just hope Leeds can play 'rugby' just as good next week. ha ha

If we get put out both cups by lower league teams we might as well give up on playing Barca

Last edited: