Favourite Players / Best Signing

Franco Zuculini. I try to sign him regardless of who i play as. He's been brilliant at Aston Villa, Middlesbrough, Hull City and Blackburn. He's just solid. 7.5 Average rating most of the time. I got him for £2.5 Million at Villa, and in that game he was fantastic.

Steven Taylor is a solid CB and if you can keep him on the field long enough.First season for me he got 24 yellow cards and 5 reds, Second season with him only 14 games in and hes had 8 yellows and 2 reds and i can see him making it alot more with the way he plays.

I find i can hold out against even the top sides with only 10 men if their top player(s) are taken out and Taylor is the man for the job.I set him out to go in hard and make sure someone leaves the pitch before he does.

Booked for silly tackles and not hurting players i dont like, Thankfully so far Taylor has made a good reputation for himself as my hatchetman, He may get booked but hes good at taking players out of the game.

The list of players he has taken out for long periods of time is big but my top 5 hatchet jobs have to be:

Ronaldo - 6 month on the sidelines compliments of Steven Taylor.
Rooney - 4 month on the sidelines compliments of Steven Taylor.
Vela - 3 month on the sidelines compliments of Steven Taylor.
Lampard - 2 month on the sidelines compliments of Steven Taylor followed by another 5 month when i played them in the cup later in the season.
Drogba - 6 month on the sidelines compliments of Steven Taylor.

Personally i would love to beable to set players a role as a hatchetman but until that happens i'll make do with Steven Taylor.Currently looking for a 2nd man who is up to the job for when Taylor is suspended or injured but have yet to find anyone else who can cause so much pain to other players.

Billy Sharp. I sign him with every team i play as whether its Man Utd or Peterborough after a season or two!! Him and Rooney up front were top on FM08, but his stats have gon eodwn big time on FM09 so he is more of a league cup player for man utd, but hes a pboro legend on my current game!!

young Jonny Evans is doing the job for me at the moment, just keep him away from those christmas partys.8-|

My fav player(s) - Joe Mattock, Santana, Santon, Pongolle

Last edited:
To me it really depends what league you are in. I have only played two games, one which was 1 and a half seasons with Leeds, and one full season with FM-Base.

In League 1 I found that Daryl Muphy, Mitchell Donald and Rodrigo Possebon were fantastic, so I will always look to buy these three.

In the premiership I haven't really played a proper game, and with FM-Base all my players were poor as a team. However, players I will be buying when I start a game with a proper EPL team, are; Saviola & John Fleck. Both were great despite a poor team with FM-Base.

Last edited:
Marcelo for 5.5M its just ridiculous, so i'd have to go for him

@08 it was banega n Matigol

A little of topic but I used to Love Nicolas Alexandersson on 1997/98 I think it was. Could play everywhere but in goal and was cheap.

Or Christain Worns same year

Krisztian Nemeth is my favourite player in the game the guy is a pure goal machine. Toto Tamuz is class too, Luigi Bruins is an awsome AM the guy scored 17 free kicks for me in my first season as Celtic.

Sergio Aguero. Scores 30+ goals per season! Three times in a row won Best Player of the Year! Three times in a row best foreign player in Italy!

I always try to sign Moutinho and Lucho Gonzalez, I just love them in the game:D

David Villa. He scored 40 in 40 matches for me when I managed Valencia. He never misses a penalty! Good at tutoring youth players too!

Alberto Zapater, Marquinhos and for value - Stephen Appiah!

not the best three by all means but affordable quality!

John Fleck

John Fleck Scotlands Answer to Wayne Rooney

my fav player is Mascio
u can buy him from roma copa for 1mil, he becomes a star