FC Porto: The next chapter

• Thread starter Thread starter Pr1cey17
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 253
  • Views Views 60K
Hows your finances looking? despite me making a profit in transfers im still nearly 19m in the red.

Well done on the league win im coming to the end of my second season with porto and still unable to win it

I am in the red for the first season as it stands, 9 million pound loss for the season which i am reasonably happy with as ive now got a good solid squad that i feel will be able to contend in all competitions.

Any particular reason you feel you cant quite get the league?

View attachment 307701

FC Porto - Return To Glory

FC Porto end the league on a high!!

Having bowwed out of all other competitions FC Porto were able to completely focus on their league campaign during the last two months of the season. In the six games they playerd during April and May they notched up 5 wins and a draw to ensure they won the league with a healthy 7 point lead. During the two months Porto scored 13 and conceded just 3 making the last two months of the season very successful for Price.

Premier League

Oldhanese 2 FC Porto 3 Goals: Danilo, Fernando, Nem

FC Porto 3 Beira Mar 1 Goals: Moutinho, Varela, Nem

FC Porto
3 Braga 0 Goals: Varela, Moutinho, Simao

Gil Vicente 0 FC Porto 2 Goals: Bony, Varela

FC Porto 2 Vit Setubal Goals: Otamendi, Bony

Academica 0 FC Porto 0

Star Player

The final two months of the season saw a number of players emerge at FC Porto, Simao established himself as a key player in the defensive midfield position and Wellington Nem outshone Rodriguez in Attack. However the best player during this period went to Varela who scored 3 goals over the month and assisted 2. He really did drive Porto forward and enjoyed a very good couple of months.

View attachment 307702
Varela was enjoying his football at the end of the season

Last edited:
Good save, looks like you're building some solid team here

View attachment 307703

FC Porto Players Amongst End Of Season Awards

As the season ends the awards for individual players are announced and it was no surprise that these arards were dominated by FC Porto players. The players taking the awards for Price's team were;

Varela took Portugese player of the year and was also named in the team of the year after scoring 11 goals and making 8 assists during the season.

View attachment 307709

Rodriguez claimed Young Player Of the Year and quickest goal of the Year

View attachment 307706

Fabiano Won the award for Goalkeeper of The Year and was named in the team of the year after keeping an impressive 14 clean sheets in 29 appearances.

View attachment 307707

Wilfried Bony came runner up for Forward of The Year and was named in the team of the year

View attachment 307711

Danilo was named in the team of the year

View attachment 307710

Maicon was named as defender of the Year

A very successful league campaign for FC Porto could be rounded off later this month if Price is named manager of the season. But does he deserve it?

What do you think?​

End of season update including, star players, loanee progress, financial figures for the year and potential signings to come later so keep reading

I am in the red for the first season as it stands, 9 million pound loss for the season which i am reasonably happy with as ive now got a good solid squad that i feel will be able to contend in all competitions.

Any particular reason you feel you cant quite get the league?

It might have something to do with Benfica being unbeaten in the league.
Take a look if you can

View attachment 307787

End Of Season Summary 2012-13

Portugese Premier League Winners - FC Porto
Supertaca Winners - FC Porto
Portugese League Cup Winners - SL Benfica
Taca De Portugal Winners - Sporting Lisbon

Champions League Winners - FC Bayern

FC Porto Key Players

Wilfried Bony - 24 goals and 8 assists in 40 appearances - 7.42
James Rodriguez - 10 goals 10 assists in 33 appearances - 7.16
Joao Moutinho - 8 goals and 9 assists in 35 appearances - 7.28
Silvestre Varela - 13 goals and 13 assists in 42 appearances - 7.31
Nicolas Otamendi - 2 goals and 4 POM performances in 40 appearances - 7.32
Maicon - 2 goals and 1 assist in 41 games - 7.35
Danilo - 2 goals and 8 assists in 32 games - 7.45
Fabiano - 19 clean sheets in 46 games - 7.00
Fernando - 4 goals and 1 assist in 35 games - 7.41
Simao - 1 goal ans 4 assists in 21 games - 7.27
Wellington Nem - 8 goals and 9 assists in 44 games - 7.10

A number of players stood out over the course of the season but Price picked out this handfull of players who he believed had a huge impact on them doing the double. Bony was the key signing for Price scoring 24 goals in all competitions with Fabiano being a surprise package for the season in goal, keeping Heilton out for the entire season.

Loanee Progress

Ademilson - 11 goals and 3 assists in 18 games - 7.01
Adryan - 3 goals and 3 assists in 24 games - 7.13
kelvin - 9 goals and 13 assists in 39 games - 7.19
Christian Atsu - 2 gaoals and 5 assists in 33 games - 6.79

The exciting prospects of FC Porto had some great performances over the year. Ademilson was on loan af Cluj for the season and manager over a goal every two games, while Adryan and Kelvin both got some vital Portugese Premier League experience.

Price's Overview

'This season was a brilliant introduction to life at FC Porto, i believe we have built a foundation from which to advance into the next few years. The transfer dealings i have completed over the last 12 months have on the whole been very successful and by moving a few players on i have been able to take full control of the transfer and wage budget. The core of the team is very strong at the moment which means that we have a great platform to build for the future. Although we did the double this year i find it difficult to be entirely happy with the success we had this season as i feel we are capable of so much more. I look forward to next season and hope we can bring more success to the fans'.

Last edited:
So thats the end of my first season, any opinions on signings, results etc...?

View attachment 307847

Bony Claims Fan's Player of the Year

After signing from Vitesse for 7 million pounds in the summer Wilfried Bony could never have dreamt of the impact he would make at the club in his first season. After scoring 24 goals and assisting in 8 more the striker was today awarded the accolade of Fan's player of the year. FC Porto had a great season so for Wilfried to be singled out by the fans will be a great boost for the lad.

He was also included in Porto's best XI for the season, as seen below;

View attachment 307851
FC Porto's fans had a tough time picking a best XI this season

View attachment 307867

FC Porto plan Pre-season Tour To States

FC Porto Manager John Price has finalised the plans to take his team on a pre season tour of America. The tour will begin on the 10th of July and will see the team play 4 high profile fixtures against American opposition all over the country. The games will commence with a tie against LA Galaxy on the 10th before price's men head to Philidelphia and Oregan before finishing their tour with a game against New York Red Bulls in the Big Apple. Price is said to be excited to take his team abroad and hopefully increase their fan base.

View attachment 307870

MIDFIELD DUO LEAD FC PORTO EXODUS!!

With the new season looming John Price isnt wasting any time clearing out the cupboards at FC Porto, however a couple of the sales are stirring a little bit of interest.

View attachment 307871View attachment 307872
fernando and Defour have left FC Porto this summer for pastures new

Midfield Duo Fernando and Steven Defour led the exodus at FC Porto in whta has proven to be teo very controversial deals. It is believed that the £26,000,000 transfer of Fernando to Valencia came about after the club and the players agent could not reach an agreement on wage demands, instead of losing the player for free at the end of the season both Price and the board decided to cash in on the player now. Defour on the other hand was deemed surplus to requirments by the club and was sold to AS Roma for a reported £10,000,000. With both players occupying the defensive midfield posiiton at FC Porto it remains to be seen whether Price buys in this area.

Moreira, Castro and Heilton have joined the midfield duo on their way out of the club taking FC Porto's current transfer takings to 37 million. Speculation is high as to where Price will reinvest this money.

View attachment 308025

Price Does Business Early

With just over a month left in the transfer window FC Porto manager John Price has wasted no time reinvesting the money accumulated from sales in the squad. Price has spent in excess of £20,000,000 to secure the service of three signings that could be first team members for years to come.

Lucas Andersen, Koke and Matthias Ginter join Mattia Destro as the new signings to arrive at FC Porto this month as Price looks to add more depth and youth to his team. Koke joins from Athletico Madrid for an initial fee in the region of £6,000,000 which could increase dependant on international appearances. Lucas joins as very much a player for the future at the club for a fee of five million and German under 21 Ginter is set to provide support in both Defensive midfield and central defence for a sum of just under £6,000,000.

all three players are seen as players who could be filling slots in the first team for years to come. Speculation is high that Price is finished in the transfer market, at least for buying anyway and will now focus on helping his new players gel with the team.

View attachment 308275

Price Gives More Loan Opportunites To Youth Players

FC Porto manager John Price has today given loan opportunites to a number of his yoth players. Having already allowed Ademilson to remain at FC Cluj for another season it seems that the link between the two club has strengthened as Kelvin and Iturbe have joined the young Brazilian. In addition Adryan will spend another year gaining valuable first team experience at Academica in the Portugese Premier League

View attachment 308287

FC Porto Dominate Pre-Season SuperTaca

View attachment 308289View attachment 308287

Sporting 0 - 2 FC Porto
Destro '11
Valera '23

With a few comings and goings in the FC Porto camp over the summer the SuperTaca was an ideal chance for Price's team to prove they are the force to be reckoned with in Portugal. The games was anything but competetive and the scoreline in the end was flattering to the home team.

FC Porto took the lead on 11 minutes when debutant Mattia Destro took the ball first time on the volley from the edge of the area, beating the goalkeeper to his left. The fans didnt have to wait long for their next goal as Valera scored a wonderful indivdual goal that saw him go past four Sporting Players before slotting home low and hard. The scoreline should have been more impressive for FC Porto but the players were unable to take any of the chances provided later in the match.

The game saw debuts for all four of FC Porto's summer signings with each player impressing. Price will be more than happy with the result and performance to go with it.

Last edited:
View attachment 308295

Inconsistent Pre Season For FC Porto

With a large amount of upheavel around the FC Porto camp it was no surprise that their form during pre season wasnt perfect. In their seven games they managed to clock up 4 wins, a draw and 2 losses scoring 12 and conceding 7. Price will be hoping that this form wont carry on into the season.

Results -

Los Angeles 1 FC Porto 1 Goals: Adryan

Philadelphia 2 FC Porto 1 Goals: Ukra

Ogden Outlaws 0 FC Porto 3 Goals: Mota, kleber, Otamendi

New York Reserves 1 FC Porto 2 Goals: Emidio Rafael, Kelvin

Joenbuk 0 FC Porto 2 Goals: Rodriguez, Raul

FC Porto 0 Inter 2

Tourineze 1 FC Porto 3 Goals: Valera (2), Adrien

I reckon destros gonna be a massive signing for you this season

I did too but hes just got injured on international duty! absolutely fuming

Back