FC Porto: The next chapter

• Thread starter Thread starter Pr1cey17
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 253
  • Views Views 60K
View attachment 308310

FC Porto - Return To Glory

Price Confirms Deal To Sign FCP Legend!

FC Porto Manager has pulled off a deal that is sure to be a fans favourite by re-signing club legend Deco. The Portugese international will re-join the club in January, hopefully just in time for the latter stages of the Champions League.

'Signing Deco is a massive boost for both the club and the players, his experience of winning the Champions League with the club will provide a massive help for some of the less experienced players at the club. The main focus wont be getting 90 minutes out of him every weekend but ensuring that he is a calming influence in the changing room when the younger players need to perform on the big stage'.

Price clearly sees the signing of Deco as a massive boost for the younger players at the club and hope it will provide the insentive they need to return the Biggest competition of all to the club.

Last edited:
View attachment 308326

FC Porto Given Competitive Group

On the day of the Champions League draw FC Porto Manager John Price could have dreamt of easier groups, but then again he could also have been handed a much harder group. Having avoided any of the so called giants of europe they still managed to be drawn in a group that should be very competitive. In their pursuit for the greatest prize of all Price will see the draw as winnable and in all should be quite happy.

Some intersting buys and sales in the summer mate. How's your first team looking now? And congrats on winning the league in your first season, I'd say that's a success. Hopefully can go one step further in Europe this time.

Oh, how does Napoli look on your save? I hope they'll beat you haha, and that they still have Cavani and Hamsik in their team.

Some intersting buys and sales in the summer mate. How's your first team looking now? And congrats on winning the league in your first season, I'd say that's a success. Hopefully can go one step further in Europe this time.

Fiirst team is Fabiano (Beast) Danilo, Otamendi, Maicon, Alex Sandro, Simao/Ginter, Koke/Adrien, Rodriguez/Nem, Moutinhi/Bressan, Varela/Andersen, Bony/Destro. Really happy with the depth of my squad. Got a couple of good regens as backup aswell.

Oh, how does Napoli look on your save? I hope they'll beat you haha, and that they still have Cavani and Hamsik in their team.

Yeah still got Cavain and Hamsik so i'd say that they are favourite for the group, but i took City and Juventus on and beat both last season so i fancy my chances

View attachment 308363

Perfect Start For Porto

All critics were silenced by Mr Price and his team this month as they destroyed everything in their path. Taking four wins in four games, scoring 8 goals and conceding none meant that it was a perfect August for FC Porto. Orice will be hoping that they can continue their form into September when the Champions League starts.

SuperTaca

Sporting 0 FC Porto 1 Goals: Varela, Destro

Premier League

FC Porto 4 Martimo 0 Goals: Varela, Bony, Rodriguez, Ginter

Sporting 0 FC Porto 1 Goals: Varela

FC Porto 1 P. Ferreira 0 Goals: Bony

Premier League

Last edited:
Continuation of previous post......
View attachment 308364View attachment 308365
FC Porto had a fine month and bitter rivals SL Benfica dropped points

Player Of The Month

In a great month for FC Porto nobody stood out more than their Portugese Attacking midfielder Varela. He contributed 3 goals in 4 games as well as 2 assists. Varela continued his brilliant form from last season and is visibly enjoying playing under the management of Price.

View attachment 308374
Nobody outshone Varela during August

View attachment 308375

Price Ecstatic With Summer Dealings

In a transfer window that saw a large amount of comings and goings at FC Porto it seems that when it was all said and done Price was happy with his transfers. Leaving the club this month was Defour, Fernando, Kleber, Moreira, Castro, Jackson and Heilton. Price clearly wanted to clear out some of what he felt was dead wood at the club and showed no sentiment when showing players the door for a combined figure of £42,000,000

On the other hand joining the club were 4 players, Destro, Ginter, Andersen and Koke were all signings that Price felt would add depth to the squad and ensure they can challenge in all competitions. The four players cost a combined total of £29,000,000 meaning that FC Porto saw a profit in the window of a promising £13,000,000 which is sure to keep the board happy.

View attachment 308389

Price Left Fuming After Otamendi Sale!!

As the transfer window drew to a close there was no sign of any offers for Nicolas Otamendi, however as the hours passed Porto Manager Price was informed that a deal to sell the player to Real Madrid was close to completion as the board had taken it into their own hands to accept a £13,000,000 bid. Price is said to be extremely aggrevated by the deal and was seen leaving the club training ground hours before the transfer window closed.

View attachment 308391
Otamendi signed a £55k a week deal with Real Madrid

Another shock transfer deal, a dramatic late winning goal in the first group game in the champions league and the September update to come so watch this space.

Any thoughts on how this is going?

View attachment 308439

Moutinho Drama ends in Spectacular Deal

The saga of whether Joao Moutinho would remain at FC Porto did continue until and past the transfer window, but now it finally can be closed. Today a deal was struck between FC Porto and Borussia Dortmund that will see Moutinho heading to Germany and the German wonderkid Mario Gotze heading to the Estadio De Dragao. Price was over the moon that the drama regarding his captain was finally resolved and had the following to say;

'We all knew that Joao wasnt happy at the club as he has great aspirations that he clearly feels we cant meet, however we werent prepared to let him leave if the deal wasnt right for us. The minute Dortmund showed an interest in him we were immediately keen to include Mario in the deal as we feel he would be a wonderful replacement for Joao. It seems the deal pleases all parties and we hope that He (Moutinho) will be happy at his new club'.

As the transfer window was missed the deal will go through in January meaning that both players will be ineligable for later stages of the champions league.

View attachment 308440
Come January Mario Gotze will be a FC Porto Player

Yeah mate think hes gonna be a great signing, just hope we can keep him happy. Gonna be a bonus that he will be strictly for domestic games in a way cos he will be fresh, ive got plenty of cover for europe.

View attachment 308611

Rodriguez Form Forces Price's Hand

With the champions league FC Porto's main priority Price has made it perfectly clear that a run of form like James Rodriguez is suffering will not be accepted. Having been below par for the beginning of the season speculation is that Price is in the market for a ready made replacement. This man could be none other than German international Andre Schurrle as it is believed a fee has been agreed and personal terms are in discussion. This may be the motivation Rodriguez needs to improve his form.

View attachment 308612
Schurrle may join fellow German Gotze in Porto in January

View attachment 308618

Porto Continue League Dominance in September

Going into the month with a four point lead meant that Price's FC Porto team had an early season buffer over the rest of the field, but they wouldnt want to let that slip during September. Price need not have worried about loosing this lead however as his team had another perfect month in the league winning all 3 games, scoring 6 and not conceding any. However their champions league campaigne did not start quite as well with them losing at home to Napoli with a late winning penalty.

Premier League

FC Porto 3 Gil Vicente 0 Goals: Varela (2), Andersen

Vit Guimaraes 0 FC Porto 2 Goals: Destro, Moutinho

Uniao Madeira 0 FC Porto 3 Goals: Varela, Destro, Nem

Champions League (Group H)

FC Porto 1 Napoli 2 Goals: Moutinho

Player Of The Month

Another great month for Silvestre Varela who scored 3 goals in 4 games and provided a further 2 assists for his teamate. Varela is one of the reasons that Rodriguez' form has been so criticised as the two players play in the same position. Varela's goals have helped ensure that FC Porto remain at the top of the Premier League and Price will be hoping that his form will continue.

View attachment 308616
Varela's form has ignited FC Porto's Title charge

Last edited:
nice swap deal there mate :)

pity about Otamendi, you should have offered him a new contract when you arrived to get rid of his release clause though :)

nice swap deal there mate :)

pity about Otamendi, you should have offered him a new contract when you arrived to get rid of his release clause though :)

Yeah man i know, i offered most players new deals but he never crossed my mind. Ginter has been a brilliant replacement though.

Plenty of updates there for you, let me know what you think and there will be more later

Next months update should be up later on tonight. Would like some opinions on ym story so far to see if anyones actually interested?

Back