FC Sion

View attachment 365781

August 2013

Super League
Sion 3 - 3 Young Boys
Prijovic 12, 51 N Djeng 45

This was N Djeng's last league game for the club before his imminent move to the Ukraine im glad i have found his ready made replacement Prijovic who was out on loan in my first season before i arrived.

Champions League Second Qualifying rnd 2nd leg
PAOK 1 - 2 Sion
N Djeng 10 Garcia o.g 31

A good win away from home as we destroy PAOK 5-1 on aggregate but get drawn against potential the toughest opponents we could have

Inter Milan!

View attachment 365784

Super League
Winterhur 2 - 3 Sion
Margairaz 5 Prijovic 63 Itaperuna 83

Forgotten Brazilian Itaperuna grabs us the winner as our defence starts to look shaky luckily our strikers have been on form.

Super League
Sion 2 - 1 Luzern
Prijovic 25 Fernandes 65

Gelson Fernandes scores what proves to be the winner but gets injuried just after, he was on a 2 year loan deal were we were paying all of his 13k a week! So i terminated that immediately.

Champions League Playoff 1st leg
Inter 1 - 0 Sion

A much closer affair that anyone predicted but we still lost.

Super League
Servette FC 1 - 3 Sion
Lafferty 24 Prijovic 43 Sauthier 55

Another goal from superman Prijovic! He has now scored 5 goals in 5 games.

Champions League Playoffs 2nd leg
Sion 1 - 4 Inter
Wuthrich 32

Well the scoreline doesnt show how well we played, the bookies expected us to win it!

View attachment 365792

So we are knocked out of the Champions League and go into the Europa League group stages as 4th seeds.

View attachment 365794

I expect Stuttgart to destroy us but after our decent displays in Europe so far i really think we could beat Pizen and Bate.

FC Sion

View attachment 365799

September 2013

LB Cale is the latest player to start moaning about moving to a bigger so i was happy to let him ****** off, he will leave in January for almost a million and Buhler will easily make that position his own.

View attachment 365800

Super League
Grasshoppers 1 - 1 Sion
Frey 29

Young swiss striker Frey scores his first goal for the club but yet again we let in a late equalizer, is this down to having an ageing squad and a lot of young players and very few in between.

Super League
Sion 2 - 2 St Gallen
Margairaz 48 Drmic 70

Yet again we have another young striker come on and grab a goal but my defence is all over the place at least it was us coming from behind for once.

Euro Cup Groups
Sion 1 - 0 Pizen
Prijovic 83

That man is back after a few weeks off with an injury and he scores the winner to grab us our first 3 points in europe.

Swiss Cup 1st rnd
Rapperswil 2 - 3 Sion
Frey 33 Prijovic 66 Aislan 80

A lucky result as we give a few of the first team night off and the reserves really struggled against this lowly team until i brought on the big guns.

Super League
Thun 3 - 0 Sion

So where did that come from?!?

Super League
Basel 0 - 0 Sion

Well its a start, we have 2 draws in a row against them our best bet would be for someone to come in and buy Streller off them!

Super League Table

View attachment 365803

Thun are the suprise package this season meaning i may well have to settle for third place, i think it will take time for my new signings to settle and youth players get going.

Stats

View attachment 365804

With Mrdja out it looks like we have found a new star in Prijovic but Basel have star players Streller and Stocker who are on another level in this league

FC Sion

View attachment 365809

October 2013

Gattuso picks up a nasty injury and will miss 4 months, i personally think he will struggle to come back from this injury he must be coming up for 36 now.

View attachment 365811

Euro Group Stages
Bate 0 - 3 Sion
Wuthrich 43 Prijovic 78, 81

What a result thanks to super man Prijovic grabbing 2 goals in 3 minutes and we really show that we are capable of big things in europe.

Super League
Sion 2 - 0 Zurich
Prijovic 43 Drmic 79

With Prijovic doing so well as a poacher i have decided to change the other striker and Drmic is our new target man and he had a brilliant game.

Swiss Cup 2nd rnd
Nates 0 - 3 Sion
Drmic 1, 20 Wuthrich 77

Target Man Drmic has another inspired game since changing his roles and even the defence looks sharper recently with our 4th clean sheet in a row.

Euro Cup Groups
Stuttgart 4 - 0 Sion

Well i never expected anything from this match.

Super League
Young Boys 2 - 2 Sion
Kouassi o.g 49 Margairaz 63

A struggle against a lowly club after recent good matches i guess this is the european hangover.

Super League
Sion 4 - 3 Servette FC
Drmic 36, pen 71, 90 Buhler 79

Well Prijovic seems to have stopped scoring just as Drmic starts to get amongst the goals as he grabs a hattrick to take his tally to 6 goals in this month alone

Super League Table

View attachment 365812

Were doing well in europe but all of the extra games are wreaking havoc with our league form with Thun just focusing on the league its going to be tough.

Super League Stats

View attachment 365813

Both of Thun's main strikers are on fire at the moment and amongst the goals.

Congrats on last season mate!! Flying through the save!!

FC Sion

View attachment 365816

November 2013

Sauthier another midfielder gets a long term injury and will miss 4 months, luckily most of it will be during the winter break.

View attachment 365817

Super League
Sion 1 - 1 Winterhur
Prijovic 54

Yet another draw, boring

Euro Cup Groups
Sion 1 - 1 Stuttgart
Prijovic 23

This draw was much more impressive and has almost secured our place in the knockout stages, with Prijovic scoring his 13th goal of the season.

Super League
Luzern 0 - 3 Sion
Eggimann o.g 10 Prijovic 21, 33

Another decent win as Prijovic gets his 14th and 15th goals of the season before the winter break, Mrdja should be back by Feb.

Super League
Sion 2 - 2 Grasshoppers
Prijovic 18 Djimisiti 86

Young centre back Djimi scores a late equalizer from a set piece as we struggle again to keep a clean sheet.

Swiss Cup 3rd rnd
Wil 0 - 2 Sion
Nekounam pen 3 Aislan 38

A lucky win as we play the reserves and ageing CM Nekkers gets a rare goal.

Super League Table

View attachment 365818

I would say that even though its only November the league is pretty much over, we will get 3rd spot and Basel will win again.

Super League Stats

View attachment 365819

Prijovic is still very much in the race for the golden boot and has been an amazing find, i cant believe he was let out on loan last season.

Congrats on last season mate!! Flying through the save!!
i know man ive got the whole season to type up so while i have a chance i thought i would power through it, i played the save so much over the weekend but never bothered to type much up, i always play a good 6 months before i make the thread as i want to make sure i commit to it.

FC Sion

View attachment 365835

December 2013

Europa Groups
Pizen 0 - 1 Sion
Prijovic 65

That man again scores the winner and secures us a place in the next round with a game to spare.

Super League
St Gallen 2 - 0 Sion

How can we go from that to this?!?

Super League
Sion 1 - 3 Thun
Prijovic 62

Thun are at a different level this season, who else was going to grab the only goal for us.

Europa Groups
Sion 2 - 1 Bate
Prijovic 68, 75

Prijovic ends the winter campaign with another two goals, scoring all our goals this month and looking in some fine form its a shame we wont play for 67 days!

Europa League Group Stage

View attachment 365840

A brilliant performance in Europe despite a wobbly season domestically, we have been join against english giants and my fave club Liverpool in the first knockout rounds!

View attachment 365843

Super League Table

View attachment 365845

A Massive 13 points of top now and 8 points of 2nd, the best i can hope for is 3rd and even that may be a struggle with the european campaign still going.

Super League Stats

View attachment 365851

FC Sion

View attachment 365875

January 2014

Not a lot happened in the winter transfer window as i struggled to bring in any decent players for a reasonable fee.
Cale finally left to join Celtic for just under a million and the likes of Lafferty and Itaperuna also left for fees of around £80k.

View attachment 365876

Alrite guys what do you all think of the new star striker Prijovic? Should be able to post the rest of the season up tommorrow, currently doing my signings for the summer​

FC Sion

View attachment 366255

Feb 2014

Swiss Cup Quarter Final
Servette FC 1 - 2 Sion
Prijovic 32 Mrdja 42

Mrdja comes back after his 6 month lay off and scores on his first game back to help us through to the semi finals were we will face Young Boys.

Super League
Sion 0 - 1 Basel

Our first loss to Basel for the season not that it means much at this stage of the season.

Europa League 1st knockout rnd 1st leg
Sion 1 - 3 Liverpool
Sulejmani 59

I never expected much from this match im just glad to be in europe after christmas, Sulejmani's goal gives us a very small glimmer of hope.

Super League
Sion 1 - 0 Young Boys
Aislan 63

A simple set piece from centre back Aislan gets us an important 3 points with european qualification the main objective now.

Europa League 1st knockout rnd 2nd leg
Liverpool 1 - 0 Sion

It was a very close game but we were never going to get a goal let alone 3, they win 4 - 1 on aggregate. Thats our european adventure over for another season, hopefully it has helped our seedings for europe next season.

Super League Table

View attachment 366284

So it looks like 3rd place is all we can hope for and i really need to make that my own now after poor performances in the league.

Super League Stats

View attachment 366289

Prijivoc is still up there for top goalscorer but see the two Thun strikers, they are on fire at the moment i dont know where they have come from!

FC Sion

View attachment 366297

March 2014

Super League
Winterhur 0 - 1 Sion
Nekounam pen 25

A simple penalty from Nekounam wins us this match and the 3 points.

Super League
Zurich 1 - 0 Sion

4th place Zurich beat us and our within a couple of points of overtaking us into 3rd place.

Super League
Servette FC 1 - 2 Sion
Aislan 73 Prijovic 94

Prijovic scores the winner deep into injury time as we pick up the all important points, every game is a struggle at the moment and our confidence is at an all time low.

Super League
Sion 5 - 0 Luzern
Prijovic 6, 22, 40 Aislan 26 Chakhsi 61

What a result! A superb first half hat-trick from Prijovic sees us comfortably beat Luzern and put a spark back into our season.

Super League
Sion 2 - 2 St Gallen
Margairaz 8 Wuthrich 18

2 early goals from our attacking midfielders but our defence loses concentration towards the end of the match and we concede two late goals.

Super League
Grasshoppers 1 - 1 Sion
Adailton 86

Ageing centre back Adailton saves our bacon this time, i thought after the big 5-0 win we were starting to turn the season round but two poor draws in a row have zapped the confidence away from the players again.

Super League Table

View attachment 366298

Down into 4th place now after the two draws in a row and they have a game in hand, we really need that 3rd spot or our season would have been a waste!

Super League Stats

View attachment 366299

Prijovic keeps up with Thun's Sedik in the goalscoring charts, at least our side isnt as dirty this year with not so many sendings off or bans.

FC Sion

View attachment 366418

April 2014

Nekounam will miss the rest of the season and the start of next season with a bad injury.

View attachment 366419

Super League
Thun 0 - 5 Sion
Frey 27 Margairaz 41, 89 Nekounam pen 50 Buhler o.g 74

A good win and a good performace all over the park to match it with young Swiss striker Frey grabbing a wondergoal.

Super League
Basel 1 - 0 Sion

Looks like were never going to beat Basel!

Super League
Young Boys 1 - 1 Sion
Drmic 49

We really struggled in this match which is a major worry as we face them in the Cup Semi final in a weeks time.

Super League
Sion 1 - 2 Zurich
Margairaz 43

Another bad result as our form starts to plummet and im struggling to find a way to stop it.

Swiss Cup Semi Final
Sion 0 - 1 Young Boys

Our 4th match without a win and we get knocked out of the cup, will i ever get my hands on some silverware?

Super League
Sion 3 - 1 Winterhur
Prijovic 13, 41 Sautgier 80

At least we end the month on a better note after such a poor month.

Super League Table

View attachment 366420

Were pushed down all the way to fourth now! Surely i cant get that bad in one season!

Super League Stats

View attachment 366421

How can i compare to both Thun strikers having 18 goals a piece in only 31 games!

About Thun strikers, you shouldnt complain. You shouldnt let your best strikers such as N'Djeng boss you around and allow them to leave however good (young) players you have. You should have point blank refused and used him. You would now have a better return as:

1) N'Djeng would have been fully acclimatised as it would be his second season with you.
2) He is known to be a bit of a wonder"kid" who does v well in better squads/teams than SION's.

Im not saying thats deffo the cause of your troubles but ....

About Thun strikers, you shouldnt complain. You shouldnt let your best strikers such as N'Djeng boss you around and allow them to leave however good (young) players you have. You should have point blank refused and used him. You would now have a better return as:

1) N'Djeng would have been fully acclimatised as it would be his second season with you.
2) He is known to be a bit of a wonder"kid" who does v well in better squads/teams than SION's.

Im not saying thats deffo the cause of your troubles but ....

For example: In my WOLFSBURG save I got Jordi Clasie on a free. For some reason playing him every other match was not deemed enough by him, he asked for a transfer and it was granted by my assman unbeknownst to me while holidaying. Teams such as chelski started making decent offers for him (he's currently 23 and valued 12m) and became unhappy. I increased the transfer money to 60m (as I always do in these cases) and tried to talk to him telling him he's undervaluating himself when he complained I was pricing him out of the market. He got angry and refused to talk to me. Since then he's got the UNH sign next to his name and his morale is from very poor to poor. Yet I continued to play him as per normal and his performance so far is 7.26. Will continue to use him as I deem fit. Two things will happen: he ll either give up or run down his contract. But his contract still has 2 years to go so sth tells me he'll give up. Either way I have one of the best young cms/dms who's integrated in my squad. Even if I get 24m from a sale Im not sure I can get someone as good/better for this amount 4 yrs into my save.

For example: In my WOLFSBURG save I got Jordi Clasie on a free. For some reason playing him every other match was not deemed enough by him, he asked for a transfer and it was granted by my assman unbeknownst to me while holidaying. Teams such as chelski started making decent offers for him (he's currently 23 and valued 12m) and became unhappy. I increased the transfer money to 60m (as I always do in these cases) and tried to talk to him telling him he's undervaluating himself when he complained I was pricing him out of the market. He got angry and refused to talk to me. Since then he's got the UNH sign next to his name and his morale is from very poor to poor. Yet I continued to play him as per normal and his performance so far is 7.26. Will continue to use him as I deem fit. Two things will happen: he ll either give up or run down his contract. But his contract still has 2 years to go so sth tells me he'll give up. Either way I have one of the best young cms/dms who's integrated in my squad. Even if I get 24m from a sale Im not sure I can get someone as good/better for this amount 4 yrs into my save.
I wasnt complaining i was just saying how well they were doing, Mrdja has not been the same since his injury which hasnt helped but i have Prijovic so im not too bothered, NDjeng was sold for that money before his contract ran out, anything over a million is big money for us, in the summer at the moment Sulejmani has been sold for £5million thanks to the chairman i get hardly any say in outgoing players but i see this as a fun long term project so am not too bothered if i have a poor season or two.

Got big love for this story dude, I don't like having unhappy players in my squad so I would have sent NDjeng packing too.

FC Sion

View attachment 366585

May 2014

Super League
Sion 3 - 0 Servette FC
Mrdja pen 33, pen 63, 75

Mrdja grabs his first hattrick since coming back from injury and was impressive despite two of those goals being penalties.

Super League
Sion 5 - 1 Grasshoppers
Prijovic 3 Coda 20 Marques 53 Mrdja 66 Sauthier 92

Everyone gets in on the action as we destroy the Grasshoppers even left back Marques grabs a beauty of a goal for the club.

Super League
Luzern 3 - 1 Sion
Sulejmani 70

Story of my life, just as we pick up some decent momentum we go and lose badly to Luzern.

Super League
St Gallen 1 - 2 Sion
Sulejmani 8 Prijovic 78

Our star man of the season grabs us the 3 points with only one game to go against the mighty Thun!

Super League
Sion 3 - 1 Thun
Drmic 38 Prijovic 40 Schneuwly o.g 88

There super striker just cant stop scoring at the moment even if it was in the wrong goal!

Season Over

Super League Table

View attachment 366586
Well we finish the season strongly and sort of fall into 3rd place with nobody really wanting to win any matches.

Super League Stats

View attachment 366587

Gattuso grabs the award for most yellow cards this season or else i think there is an award involved?

Prijovic 2nd in Top Goalscorer

View attachment 366588

Margairaz and Aislan Make Team of the Season

View attachment 366589

Aislan Wins Defender of the Year

View attachment 366590

Margairaz Wins Midfielder of the Season

View attachment 366591

Sion Squad

View attachment 366592

Our Top Goalscorer Prijovic 29 goals

View attachment 366594

Best Player Aislan DC

View attachment 366595

FC Sion

View attachment 366599

Pre Season June/July 2014

First off we move up over 100 places in the european rankings after a stellar season in the Europa League

View attachment 366600

Halilovic signs from Dinamo after buying him almost 2 years ago!

View attachment 366602

Season Expectations

View attachment 366603

A hefty budget to spend on new players despite that my first transfer is a free Welsh regen.

Jack Cooke ST

View attachment 366606

Wuthrich Refuses New Deal with one year remaining on his contract!

View attachment 366607

Hopefully this new free RB/CM will not be a 'Pain' in the **** when he plays for me.

View attachment 366608

Young Argentinian Star LB Joins For Free

View attachment 366611

Basel go and spend £6million on one player, there on a whole different league at the moment in terms of spending.

View attachment 366618

League Odds have us Second

View attachment 366619

With the added league of Croatian i sign 4 young Croats who could be stars in the future.

View attachment 366620View attachment 366621View attachment 366622View attachment 366623

They all came for around £350k or under.

Europa League Third Qualifying Round sees us draw Aberdeen

View attachment 366624

Sion FC

View attachment 366625

July 2014

Super League
St Gallen 2 - 1 Sion
Sulejmani 6
Sauthier sent off 20 Gattuso 34

Oh ******, i thought that i might have a good season this year and we have 2 of our 3 Central Midfielders sent off before half time!

Super League
Sion 2 - 1 Zurich
Prijovic 53, 58

Star Striker Prijovic scores a quick brace to kickstart his goalscoring for the new season.

Europa League 3rd Qualifying rnd 1st leg
Sion 3 - 1 Aberdeen
Cooke 9, 24 Prijoivc 46

Cooke scores a couple of brilliant poacher goals and with Target Man Prijovic on form too these two look like a real force this season.

Sion FC

View attachment 366629

August 2014

Sulejmani wants to move to a bigger club!

View attachment 366631

And the Chairman sells him for a reasonable £5million to Anderlecht

View attachment 366632

Super League
Sion 1 - 3 Thun
Cooke 30

A bad result against one of the better teams in the league, i still havent sorted my tactics out.

The next match will be my 100th in charge of Sion

View attachment 366633

I also sign a young Swiss CM who will go straight into the ageing midfield

View attachment 366634

Europa League 3rd qualifying rnd 2nd leg
Aberdeen 3 - 3 Sion
Cooke 29 Beveridge o.g 38 Sulejmani 68

We struggle to draw with the Mighty Aberdeen, it was probably the dodgy Scottish weather!

We get drawn against german club Gladbach

View attachment 366636

Super League
Sion 0 - 0 Basel

Not a bad result against Basel, i will beat them one day!

Super League
Luzern 0 - 0 Sion

Not such a good draw.

Europa League Playoff 1st leg
Sion 0 - 2 Gladbach

Well it looks like my european adventure is over already this season.

Super League
Grasshoppers 1 - 2 Sion
Cooke 8 Prijovic 66

Right so i have decided on a change on tactics and i played a 4-3-3 in this match and it seemed to pay off, lets see if it changes my fortunes.

Europa League Playoff 2nd leg
Gladbach 4 - 2 Sion
Nekounam pen 14, 22

We lose 6-2 on aggregate and our Europa League season is over before it got started, i thought the tactic was paying off to start with but it wasnt to be.

Super League
Sion 0 - 0 Aarau

We draw to lowly newcomers Aarau despite having 3 strikers on the pitch!

Super League Table

View attachment 366642

I know it means little at this early stage but we are in trouble already and the board are not happy but look at suprise package Luzern!

Super League Stats

View attachment 366643

FC Sion

View attachment 366644

September 2014

I sign another young croatian from Dinamo who may fit straight into the team

View attachment 366645

Michel Platini still plays Football?

View attachment 366646

Sion Transfer History

View attachment 366647

We rake in a massive amount of money getting a million for ageing Adailton who wouldnt sign a new deal and the same went for Wuthrich who refused a new deal.

Super League
Sion 1 - 1 Winterhur
Prijovic 29

Right a tweak in tactics is needed but i think the tactic may work, we had plenty of chances but didnt finish them off.

Swiss Cup 1st rnd
Zug 0 - 4 Sion
Prijovic 36, 87 Drmic 69 Cooke 91

Its nice to thrash a lower league club after our recent poor form and all three strikers scored in their new roles.

Super League
Young Boys 0 - 0 Sion

Yet again.

Super League
Sion 1 - 2 St Gallen
Mrdja 36

Nice to see former superstar Mrdja grab a goal but thats all the good that happened to us in this game.

Super League Table

View attachment 366648

Hopefully the new tactic can see us shoot up the table, at least Basel are struggling too!

Super League Stats

View attachment 366649