FC United vs Man Utd (The Anti-Glaziers Challenge)

Good job maino! I'm struggling heavy in the BSP! can't string wins together, my team is in the pits morale wise. Can't seem to get them fired up enough.

Good job maino! I'm struggling heavy in the BSP! can't string wins together, my team is in the pits morale wise. Can't seem to get them fired up enough.

try going very rigid and contain for the next few matches and you should be able to pick up a few draws which will start to turn teh morale around. i had to do this with my lausanne team in the super league and ended up holding basel to a 0-0 then losing out to top of the table young boys 2-1 when they were predicted to bag 5 against us before smashing grasshoppers 3-0.

Agree with sammyt, main thing is to stop conceding and try grab a sneaky goal or two when you can.
Morale affects the team hugely I think, moreso thanin the leagues higher up. Keep your players happy with team meetings too, keep them motivated.

im bout to start the challenge :) looking forward to it :) was wondering where everyone has got the logo for FC United from ???

any idea which pack ?? have you tried resting them from training between games ???

What a tool.

Anyway, not sure which pack mate.
Either it would have been the graphics from here (Club & Competition Logos) or from FMScout.

No I don't really tend to rest my players, every game is pertty important and I don't think I have much quality depth in my squad to be able to rest them. But you're right, think I need to either rest them or prepare for them being tired!

Cheers mate ill have a look :)

I now understand your pain of tiredness :( playing peeps with 60 condition lol, played 3 games and being taken over so hoping for some better facilities and a fitness coach, that might help me :)

Started this up yesterday, because I just had to. Tried hollidaying a year 3 times and they never came up, so I went and DLed a lower leagues file to make Premier North playable. So I'm running 2011 there first. 4 games in and I'm 1-2-1. Picked up a bunch of kids to Youth contracts and Non-Contract players, so I'm rounding out nicely. Its just adapting my tatics to what works best for the team. Bouncing around between a 4-3-2-1, 4-5-1, and 4-2-4 with varying degrees of success. I'll Screen Shot end of the season if I can avoid relegation or make the playoffs.

I'm definitely having a go at this challenge, it's the best one i have seen! I support Man United as well.

First time through I crashed and burned horribly. This time, I'm set up a lot better, and sticking with a 4-2-3-1. Do the Screen's when I get through, as the team is hitting a stride.

Sounds like a good challenge, I'm half way through the first season and I'll update you at then end of my first one :)

@warnehead: i've learned the hard way, but defo need to keep abreast of tiredness in the squad. I'm in my 3rd season now and have got pretty decent depth. Few of my best players about to get poached though :(
I'm pretty sure we;'ve got similar saves as my FC United got taken over too. New board seem to be decent, had rumours of getting sacked, but that didn't happen. They seemed to pump in £50K-£80K a month in to the club, which sounds like nothing but helps a lot in those lower leagues.

I'm about 10 league games in, 5 wins and 5 loses. Although I'm now unbeaten in my last 4, after a shocking start. But have scored 10 in my last 3 league games and conceeded only 2, it has really turned around. Just won in the FA cup 3rd pre round.

Couldn't really get into this version of FM only got it in the last couple of weeks. But this has really got me interested.

Bad form at the beginning of season is expected, if you've signed a lot of new players, as I was continually doing at the beginning. But I'm in npower League 2 now and am flying high.

I'll run a game on holiday and hope they go up, then get that posted on the first page :)