Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

I reckon it would be nice to play as a manager already existing. so you can take over a club and continue with the manager they currently have and his reputation. or take over a manager out of work and get a job matching his real life rep.

I think that's a great idea, it's really annoying when you see the previous manager of the club joining another one.

Sorry if it's already been said, but being able to choose different players to take freekicks in different positions. For example having someone with a high long shot stat taking freekicks for far out and say a winger taking freekicks either side of the penalty area.

I'd like that, when you finish the season (mainly with small clubs), have clubs that sent off their young players, some of them are very good. But to observe them it is very dificult, cause you have to do one by one. Can't select one, Shift + click on the last and put on observate. It have to be one by one...
And if open the profile of one player to see the notes, and turn back, it goes for all transfers, and not only for layoffs of youngs...

A few things id like to see;

1. Fixed shooting - The shooting in the match engine annoys the **** out of me. I know it's trying to say that you are missing the target, but why do half my one on one chances go right past the post. In real life, normally the keeper saves them or they are put in the net. When a player is one on one, id like to see him open up his body and slot the ball past the keeper.

2. Media/Press Conferences - Give us more options. Give us the choice of Assertively, Calm, Passionate etc... and then the options. Make the coming game reflect on that conference. Say iv'e had a go at the manager, there could be an instance where the commentary below says 'Oh my, the two managers have come face to face on the sideline!' Then, the referee could walk over and send one or both to the stands. Same with crowds. If you mention that this one is crucial for the fans, then if you score or win, the fans reaction will be much bigger than normal, and even bigger than a normal rivalry reaction. This would work well.

3. Australian Transfers - Im not sure if this is a rule in any of the other leagues, but apparently i can't buy a player from another Australian club until my third season. In real life, here in Australia, our clubs always buy players from other clubs. Please fix this SI, it's annoying since we only have a maximum limit of 5 Foreign players, so we cant really buy any good Australian league based players in our first two seasons.

4. Schedule Events/stadium vendors/upgrades - Iv'e been playing alot of MLB '12 the Show lately, and it's come to my attention, that it shows more attention to detail in the finance department than FM does, which you may think is strange. In MLB '12 The Show, you are allowed to purchase food stands for your stadium, drinks, merchandise.. and not only can you choose those things, you can choose the prices of items inside the vendors. Say its merchandise, you can choose the price of Shirts, Bats, Bobbleheads etc... Also, you can set up a playground out the front of the stadium, this all to gain profit. This i would love to see in FM13.

5. Promotions - Again, in MLB you can schedule matchday promotions. SI, you should give us the option on the calendar screen, to select a date, choose a promotion (Trivia Night, Soccerball Special, Awards night, Jersey giveaway etc) Let us choose the date. Say i want a Soccerball special. I should be able to choose the quantity of soccerballs given out at the front of the stadium for a certain day, thus attracting bigger crowds for future games. Whilst im at it, LET US CHANGE ACTUAL TICKET PRICES! - Yes, id like to see ticket prices being altered and Season Ticket prices.

6. Transportation - Finally, another reference to MLB, you can select your way of travel from city to city. You may choose between Plane and Bus. Obviously the plane costs more, but will get you to your destination quicker.

For those last few references to MLB, on FM, we all know that we ARE NOT the chairman, so we cant actually make the changes, but what we could do, is make the changes, but have the board accept the idea and place the promotion for that date. I think this would be a cool feature, adding to the realism.

I agree with Dynamic Rivals defiantly. I woulnt play FM if i wanted to choose how much a can of coke in a vending machine should cost, id go and work in a shop. Maybe every few season generate new away kit colours though, just to change things up when you have been at a club for years its nice to have little changes.

Most of my suggestions regard youth setup

1. Allow the user to be able to create U-21, U19 and U-17 teams whose budget will come from the first teams(So that richer clubs will have more teams). These teams should have a dedicated manager which you get to hire. The user should then have a choice of how often you want a report of the team e.g. every week, month or year with the best performers highlighted.

2.Please remove the limits on coaches, scouts and physios. If you can afford them you should be able to sign them.

3. For large/rich clubs the user should be able to create teams in lower leagues(e.g. Barcelona B) and foreign countries where the club can gain financial bonuses, be able to sign any of thesubsidiary's players and send out players to get first team experience.

4. A players ability should not be decided at the start of the game. There should be a number of factors which can alter a players potential ability such as performing at a very high level consistently should raise the potential ability and having a broken lag should reduce the ability. There are a number of cases in real life where places have gone from non league football to premier league in a number of years (Holt, Walters, DJ Campbell etc) so it should be possible of FM.

5. The country of regens should affect their playing style/ability. For example a regen from Spain should be more technical whereas a player from England should be more physically. However there should obviously be exceptions to this such as Rooney for England and Llorente for Spain.

6. Players should get used to a certain playing style. For example if a player from Arsenal moved to a team who played directly such as Stoke it should take them longer to settle into their style rather than if they moved to a team with a similar style e.g. Wigan. This should also apply to reserves and the under 17-21s.

7. The playing style of a team should affect the attribute changes in a player. For example a player in the centre of midfield for Stoke should have a larger progression in attributes such as work rate, team work and tackling rather than creativity and flair.

8. Stop the corner offside routine where a player passes to the corner taker who is in a offside position. The most infuriating thing in a game for me.

9. If a manager has been at a club for so long they should be able to have a greater control over the finances such as changing the cost of tickets where an increase in price will reduce the attendance.

10. You should be able to be an under-17-21 or reserve manager.

11. Able to have the dm to be a 3rd centre back when in possession(Busquets at Barcelona).

Last edited:
Dynamic rivalries would be cool, I disagree with all the merchandise rubbish you're the manager it's your job to manage the team.

Dynamic rivalries would be cool, I disagree with all the merchandise rubbish you're the manager it's your job to manage the team.
You wouldn't have to do it you could just leave it up to the board if it doesn't interest you.

I think it would be cool if in the scout reports it included the players best bits from recent matches, it would be hard to implement but it would be awesome!

I think it would be cool if in the scout reports it included the players best bits from recent matches, it would be hard to implement but it would be awesome!
I think they could do it quite easily if it showed the players last 3 goals and last 3 assists for midfielders/strikers and key tackles for defenders or something like that.

I want to see more square ups on the pitch, players going head to head, fights, streakers, pitch invasions for when a cup or relegation saving match is won

Not sure if this has been mentioned but to have penalties as an additional focus area under match preparation. This would be helpful for any upcoming matches that could go to penalties :)

Can i just ask (FM 12 was the first FM i bought) what sort of things were being suggested last year? that werent and were added, can anyone remember?

I wouldn't mind seeing a basic character creation thing for the manager. So, if they add in a little manager sprite for the matches you can choose whether he's wearing a tracksuit or a suit or a replica kit or whatever else.

AI Manager personalities

Ok, this is one that's been bugging me for ages. I feel like the AI managers don't act like actual managers. I mean, they have their attributes and preferred play styles, which are all fine and good, but when you play against Jose Mourinho, it doesn't REALLY feel like playing against Mourinho. After thinking about it, I realized that the problem is in AI player acquisition, rather than play style.

For example, Mourinho likes tough, physical play, so he should be signing tough, physical players. Redknapp likes English players. He should be signing English players. Wenger likes young players, he should be signing young players. That way, other teams can develop into Mourinho teams, or Wenger teams, or Redknapp teams.

When you get the opportunity to pick your feeder club but the deal cannot be made, you should have the chance to pick anothe team straight away. E.g. I tried to get Celtic as my feeder club in October but a deal could not be struck and I had to wait till July to apply for a new feeder team!

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet but clubs taking managers on short term contracts, like as a caretaker role until the end of the season where you might get the job full time (the recent Di Matteo situation).

id love to see the away support of each club at each game , like "Man city 2 - 2 Man Utd att 45000 (3500 MU) " or summit

Id also like to have more realistic sounds of the fans , athems and stuff like that , for example , when playing with man city when the games loading up you hear "blue moon" sung by the fans , west ham and bubbles and leeds MOT , liverpool YNWA etc etc etc and id like to hear chants as well, make the game more realistic in the gameplay.

Regens are still the biggest annoyance for me in this game.

I understand Brazil and Argentina always produce some of the best players in real life, but its a bit excessive the amount of world class ones that end up in the game by about 2018 onwards, like every top European team in my save seems to have at least a handful of them. Real Madrid and Barcelona have more Brazilians than Spanish players. Just seems unrealistic, especially when they're world class players, and can't even get a game for their national side because there's that many others.

Also, all midfield playmaking type regens seem to be like Messi clones, I've never seen a single world class midfielder regen in my save doesn't have blistering speed like 17+ for acceleration and pace and ridiculous physical stats, haven't seen a regen in a similar mould to Xavi, Pirlo, Fabregas etc.

I've also noticed that the quality of Spanish regens tend to be a bit average which is a bit odd, and for England its pretty bad. I know England don't churn out world beaters regularly, but in my save, not been a single midfield regen remotely anywhere near as good as scholes, lampard, gerrard, wilshere or even as good as ross barkley ends up. And all the english regens with a high PA seem to only be either a striker or a left back in my save for some reason.

I don't know if this has been posted already, but I want to see the ref play the advantage. Too many times my players end up with the ball in a good position to shoot only for the ref to call a foul from a tackle in the build up of the play.