Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

When a defender goes off injured they get covered for by your most defensive minded mid, how many times have I conceded because I've had a small playmaker with no defensive skills covering instead of a tall player who can put in a really good tackle and mark an opponent tightly.

I'd like to see prize money allocated for the FA Youth Cup. My Grimsby Town u18s just lost in the final when the first team are still playing in the Blue Square Premier and thought I deserved a reward!!

Not sure if this has been mentioned but when a club comes in for a manager who is currently employed by another club, the chairman can refuse the club to speak to them. Although this would be annoying if it was yourself and you wanted to move on, it would be a realistic feature.

I hope they get rid of the "walk of shame" as I have called it. The ridicolous amount of time it takes for a player to walk to the ref after a foul and then stand and wait for the verdict. Just get it done with a quick flash of a card.

I hope they get rid of the "walk of shame" as I have called it. The ridicolous amount of time it takes for a player to walk to the ref after a foul and then stand and wait for the verdict. Just get it done with a quick flash of a card.
I kind of like it, I'll find myself yelling at the screen when someone gets away with only a yellow or when one of my guys does something stupid i'll be going, "please yellow please yellow."

It would be nice to see how much you have spend on your player (transfer,wage) so you can know how much you have to get to make profit if you sell him!

As it currently stands, in the press conference you get asked if a player from the same nation within your squad will help out with a new signing due to them speaking the same language. Where is the option in private chat with you player to ask them to help out? That should be an option, it will help the player to blend into the squad quicker and easier as well as pick up the language quicker. I have had players that over 2 years later still don't even speak the language.

Agreed, I think you should be able to give your new team member a 'buddy' or, if young, a mentor. Someone who sticks with them for a few months and shows them around, this could help with their adaptability perhaps.

one thing that annoys me, is when the ball stops on the touchline, if a player is running towards it, they always knock it out of play, they dont seem to be able to turn without moving the ball forward first. That needs to be changed.

The time wasted when the physios enter the field to heal a player! It takes ages!!!

How about the time wasted on corner kicks when someone has booted the ball a mile from the kicker? I always think, I am watching a computer, surely they could just cut the time by having the ball go straight to his leg??

I'd love to have board meetings every month or two, talking about finances, ambitions and players on our shortlist.

Also when applying for a job, you should be interviewed about ambitions, club finances etc!

It has probably been already mentioned but I am consistently frustrated with the current loan and transfer system currently in-game. Should embrace some more realistic steps to make it easier to manage.

1) Better options for loan - I buy a player for £3m at age 18. Want to immediately loan him out to a club. If my affiliate clubs are full or not where I want to send him, I offer him out. "No club considers a loan offer viable". Just doesn't make sense to me. Top clubs offer their youngsters out in real life and clubs queue up to take them on loan - especially if they're English.

2) An option to "Test Market" with players you want to sell. I want to move my 32 year old player off my wage bill. Instead of offering him out and causing him to be unsettled. I would like an option to see what his player valuation is to other clubs who could be interested. For instance, what clubs are considering a loan or transfer offer and a star system to rate their interest in my player. Similar to a 5 Star Scale.

3) Better realistic CPU transfers. More appropriate player valuations. And higher transfer fees for quality players. If I offer my star player out to clubs because he's reached his peak and want to cash in, I expect top clubs to offer me top dollar, especially if he's been performing. Not low-ball me. Or even have more CPU interest in my players and more likely to make a bid or inquiry.

4) Player interaction with the media. Managers currently can speak about opponents or other players, but constantly players are speaking out as well. It could cause an added headache, but make it more realistic to clamp down on players who are outspoken or challenge their teammates to play better.

id like to be able to get our own attributes like the other managers, Ferguson etc.

Instead of the boring financial control and stuff like that. And the more successful you are in the game the more your attributes will rise.

programmers are far to ******* lazy these days, In the 80's football manager on the spectrum was immensely detailed.

I don't want to see a 98% of players who're in loads of time to get the ball, even when in danger zones (either way) always slowing down or outright stopping waiting for the opposition player to get to the ball and demand a hurried tackle for a ball they should have got as easy as breathing.

I understand that in some points the player may consider it's a chance to take a little breath and may miscalculate how long he can take it, because of tiredness or the player thinking he needs to save energy. But there's the ocasional "I'll not hurry any more than strictly needed" with the few mistakes every now and then and there's the "if the nearest opponent is 20 yards further from the ball than I am and I don't let him reach it I'm going to **** and I'm a very religious man" constant attitude.

Simillarly, I'm annoyed at players running with the ball in acres of space up to the corner or the side of the area completelly alone in a position that may not be the best to run at the goal but it's absolutely gorgeous for a cross or a pass stopping so the closest defender, some times well more than ten yards away, can get and put in a tackle to get the ball away. Yes, some times the player my not see a cross and decide to wait for teammates to run up, but I see it also when there's players there in front of goal to try send the ball to.

-Being able to play your steam friends online
-Setting up online friends league
-Simple Exhibition or friendly games

I dont know is this mentioned before but this things realy mising in fm:
1. I want to see a one tactical panel for attacking mentality when you have the ball, and one defensive panel to chose maybe diferent position of players how they will be positioned on the pitch.
2. More controle of player instruction, to whom they will pass in specific situations, how they will move and where.
3. To chose where you want place your player in tactics not youst where you offered to.
4. And to correct these wierd movment of players like goalkeeper in some situtions or winger when closing the corrner line.
And that is all from me

I dunno whether this has been mentioned before in this thread but what about WOMEN'S LEAGUES!

Add the ability to manage women's teams, whether it be a club or nations team! I know that women's football is growing across the world and has well established leagues in USA, England, Australia and more I presume!

And you could simply intergrate the team into the existing club if it is associated with one.
eg. Sydney FC in Australia, you have the senior squad in the A-League, the youth squad in the Youth League and the womens squad in the W-League!!!

Last edited:
- Controlling how your players act when they're not on the ball. I know you can 'hassle opponents' etc, but I think you should be able to actually position players in different areas of the pitch when the other team are attacking.
Ya, this was possible in CM0102 (WIB/WOB)

I think you should be able to takeover team and become the chairman with your earnings
More realistic finances so teams can't spend more than their earning like new financial rules
Beable to watch training sessions and training matches
managers and players personal life
more realistic transfer fees - dortmund would sell gotze for 30 mill probs not reject 60 mill and they would sell a player for his value in last year of contract
more realistic wage demands - player wouldn't want more money to join a smaller team when hes on transfer list
different uinstruction for different parts of pitch and better more in depth player instructions