Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

Stop having the chairman selling all my best players because "he feels that the offer was too good to refuse and decided to take matters into his own hands by accepting the transfer bid", its so annoying.

Have a sort of ''form'' stat, which boosts ability a bit when they are in form... and decreases ability a bit while outform...

Let's say you have a striker who scored 5 goals last game but is in stats worse than your other one...
And it would add more depth as a national manager... you will select players who are in form and therefore are better than others which have normally better stats...
For example: select Narsingh ( has had a good season.) instead of afellay who has better stats. ( who has been injured whole year and is therefore not in form)

Not sure if this has been mentioned, let alone if it is even available on the current fm. When selling a player, they sometimes ask for part of their contract still to be paid until their current contract with you would expire. Why cannot this happen when buying someone that has wages that are above what you can afford? This definately needs implementing.

Sorry if this remark has already been posted but I hope FM13 will be more realistic with Chairmans accepting bids on our behalf. When you take a team from League One to Champions League in 6 seasons and barely spend any money doing it, you expect a future star player not to be sold to the first bidder...

If a big reputation club or one of the new mega-rich clubs bids a crazy amount, then that might do it (i.e. Milner to City), but that is the main frustrating point in my opinion.

I want more unpredictability in the transfer market.. I mean you could NEVER sign Vicente to Brighton in football manager without the database editor and how about pay-as-you-play contracts for players? also would be good for older players and injury prone ones, but make it easier for players to accept this contract if they know they are old or injury prone.

Also I wish I could add history to your manager in what teams he played as a player so you don't just start as a no-name manager.
Language classes would be great when player from foreign countries can't speak for example english or german.
Morale boosters like parties and dinners would be great!
Another thing I want related to team morale is that when you have a massive reputation in the game and take over a team that has been in bad form and morale is low and the morale would get higher as the players knew that a big name manager was taking over.

Big clubs still don't play youth properly

Like clubs with good youth prospects don't develop their players properly, and let them rot in the reserves until they end up putting a transfer request because they want first team football, but by this time its too late and will never reach their potential.

This happens way too often. Like, there's a regen in my save who came from the Man United youth system, he's 25 now, but he has rarely been played. His attributes are pretty decent, checked on FMRTE and he has a PA of 186, but has no chance of fulfilling that because he has barely been given any game time. I've bought loads of good young players this way, because the big clubs don't play their youth even if they have a lot of potential and all want to leave to get first team football, which is unrealistic.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but this is what I'd like to see:

Ability to change subs and tactics once you've already confirmed a sub. Too many times I've gone to sub on an attacking player at 1-1, have the substitution create a highlight and then score, leaving me a defensive player short for 20 minutes when I don't need to chase a goal anymore. If I can pause the game right as I score and cancel the substitution or revert the tactics to sit deep so I don't concede instantly it'd help so much.

Secondly, I want there to be a feature where your save is automatically sync'd to either a server owned by SI or on Steam so we can access saves across multiple pc's. Would be really good to be able to play the same game on a laptop when going out on a holiday or whatever. Also provides more security if a save gets corrupted because you've got that save file backed up.

Oh yeah and I want to be able to edit player happiness in the editor..

I like to start unemployed but i have to wait like 2-3 months for a manager to get fired.Wish that you could just sim throught the time when some manager is fired.

Director of Football in where, if you want to manage a team who have one you're appointed as "Head Coach" and you liaise with the DoF and tell him what type of player you think you may need. Could have the very rare occasion where the DoF buys a player without your say-so, to make it abit more fun - where the board have to intervene and decide who has to go. etc.

there is one thing ive always found the game lacking: something to do with my salary? I mean come on, I get better contracts for what?

Game needs a new engine. I think they are struggling with their current and really ened to think about updating it.

Defenders need a AI type thing. Were they will pass it to the keeper if under pressure. They will clear the ball first time. They will jump for the ball first time. And they will mark a player by sticking to them like super glue.

I think the shooting needs to be a bit better visualised. If it's missing, make it a close miss, not one that a player shoots from right infront on the penalty spot and gets it closer to the corner flag. Make the visualisaiton of the keeper saves better too. More diving saves rather then 'Kicked straight into his hands'.

Reworking of the corners and freekicks need to be done dramatically. Instead of having roles on corners. Have a penalty spot zoomed in with player slots covering it so a player of the game can put players where he wants for zonal marking. Rather then 'Mark near post, Mark far post'. ect.

I think it's better to have managers, apart from football experience, also has coaching license. When a manager has only a B license, for example, he wouldn't be able to get jobs at Chelsea or Barcelona because it requires a Pro license. A Pro-licensed manager will be able to have more options and detail in setting tactics, for instance, than an A-licensed manager.

When a manager wants to improve his coaching license, he will have to attend coaching courses held by the respective national FA. During the coaching course, he will learn (at least briefly) about player psychology (which may increase his 'hidden stats' such as how significantly will a player's morale improve when he makes a 'good' team talk), technical aspects, etc. and then assessed; if he could use the newly-learned techniques well, he will be awarded the license and be able to step up his career.

Introduction of coaching license will also be a good source for challenge mode: start with a Sunday league experience and the lowest license available, a manager will have to win the Champions League someday (which requires a Pro license beforehand, else he will be fired the time his club plays in CL).

send players to study language so they can learn the laguage of your country better

New incomes of money like partnerships with brands, publicity contracts with players and other things that could improve the club finances.

I also see few red cards for aggressions, hand on the ball penalties, bankrupts, corruption and all the things that can and should make the game more durable! Wouldn't be a great achieve to get Real Madrid or Barca from the 2nd league with no big stars?

send players to study language so they can learn the laguage of your country better

As it currently stands, in the press conference you get asked if a player from the same nation within your squad will help out with a new signing due to them speaking the same language. Where is the option in private chat with you player to ask them to help out? That should be an option, it will help the player to blend into the squad quicker and easier as well as pick up the language quicker. I have had players that over 2 years later still don't even speak the language.

I'd second increased player and board interactions. Also, team meetings need a bit more depth as well, since currently they're pretty basic and you just end up saying 1 simple thing and asking the room 3 times or so. Also a slight nit-pick but the odds at the start of the season are often skewed by reputation rather than last season's standings and players, which IMO is wrong. I got Reims an unprecendeted Ligue 1, but I'm still priced 4th favourites despite boasting a very good team (probably 2nd or 3rd in ligue 1 currently) and I am the holder. Makes no sense to see a 12th placed PSG from last season but 2-1 favourites.

A nice feature would be to drive your own youth recruitment network sort of thing, like currently for Chelsea Michael Emenalo is basically situated at top Spanish academies looking to poach promising players yet to be fully signed by the senior team. It'd be cool if we could influence our youth intake and recruitment criteria to a much larger extent. For example, set out a menu similar to that of a scouting assignment, with preferred strengths for each category of position like MF, defence etc and perhaps a region or 1-3 specific nations to focus in on along with your home nation. You could also maybe delegate more impetus in this youth recruitment per nation, for instance; if you're fine for home-grown players for the CL criteria, you could tell your youth recruitment team to focus more on Belgium or Spain than England as feature to add even more depth.

It'd be nice to have youth intake more dynamic and take more time and effort. An entirely randomised intake is boring and not as realistic as it could be. Some control over nations exploited, stats to look out for (though not specific number criteria, more like 'strengths of young plater = XYZ" so you're liable to get duds and good ones, otherwise we'd be flooded with awesomeness). Also, I hate to say it, but it's very indicative of world football today if that feature were added as smaller teams loose good players before they turn 17 half the time, that Goss dude to Utd recently is a prime example.

Another thing I'd like to see is more involvement in the club as a brand. One of the first things you get asked is how involved in the club you're going to be. I always say I'm going to do everything I can, like Gus Poyet is doing at Brighton, but then the actual options are limited to tactics/training/transfers etc.

I'd like to be able to choose a kit sponsor, oversee developments to the ground, have a say on merchandising, ticket pricing, fan days, community events etc etc. Also meetings with the fans! It's great being able to hold team meetings now but how about a monthly Fans Forum so you can talk directly to them and allay any fears or concerns?

My main pet hate is that you can't specifically get a scout report for a players secondary position. If he's 'accomplished' then i want to see if he's better than what I already have. If that was in 13, I'd be happy :)