Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

How about being able to select your starting XI for the next five (?) matches? I always forget to return my first keeper once the cup matches are over...

Not a good idea imo. I, and I'm sure other people, like to tinker between each match and I rarely play the same team twice in a row.

Voice commentary? Also if you manage ,let's say Barcelona the voice commentary should be in Spanish but you also have the option for subtitles for the commentary. Also commentary traits for each country. For example in most countries when a goal is made they usually have the looong "GOOOOOOOOAAAAL!" shout but in Asia they don't do that.

I believe that when a young player is tutored under a senior memeber the young players PA should rise instead of raising hos overall CA.

Be able to see and scout young soccer players from age 8 to 15. Messi was scouted and brought in to Barcelona when he was 11.

Last edited:
I literally would be happy with them ungreying the 'Return from Holiday when offered a job' without you having to apply for every job in a league - or be able to auto apply for clubs that you subscribe to. Something like that. Just so unemployment isn't so long/ uninteresting

It would be nice if we can watch the players in training(penalty, freekick or fitness) and play a match between own teammates just like IRL.

I believe that when a young player is tutored under a senior memeber the young players PA should rise instead of raising hos overall CA.

À dynamic Potential Ability would probably make me stop playing the game. All it takes is some really good experienced players and some promising youths and you would rule the world.

It works fine as it is now with the senior players helping the youngsters with their attitude so that they are actually able to reach their potential ability. I have some senior players with great ambition and determination that have helped My youngsters increasing their mental stats so they now are acting like winners and not sobbing loosers. Naturally no matter what, they can/should never be able to be better than their potential ability, the best stats they can have if absolutely everthing falls into place, but they can reach it and make use Of it

I would like to see an option to include an attribute masking or fog Of war to your own players ( and opponents) where I as à manager are not able to see à players exact stats until I have worked with him for some time. How long and how accurate this would be initially in terms Of procentage would depend on time and the skills Of My staff.

As an Example, À player with 10 in dribbling would under à 70% accuracy would initially show up as either 7? Or 13? at the beginning and then as time goes by it Will be à 10 ( at the beginning , I would not know if the first 7? Or 13? Is an over or underestimation, if iit should get 30 % better or worse. At High levels, one would probably have à 90 % accuracy and at lower levels , perhaps à 50 %.

Training camps, that would be fun. Also, more realistic transfer steps, more negotiation over fees and press statements from the club saying they want to keep the player, and personal terms are more complicated and medicals more thorough.

Bribe - option as an optional.. would be nice.. buy referees etc.

Scouting - Not only being able to filter for position, but also for position types. So you don't just filter Strikers but all Strikers that are Poachers or Deep-Lying Forwards. Because I always want a specific position type for my System, but end up wasting a lot of time because half of the Strikers for example are poachers.

System Adaptation - I want players to be able to grow into a specific role. So if I have a center midfielder who operates best as deep-lying playmaker, but I have been playing him as an advanced playmaker he should adapt to fit that role or you should be able to train them to fit such a role just like training a player for a new position. Likewise the primary attributes required for such a position should be growing stronger.

The game should fit position roles better. For example an attacking midfielder with great long shot, finishing, dribbling, but bad playing intelligence (decision making,creativity...) shouldn't be best used as an advanced playmaker.

Training - When you have a player focus on one specific attribute while training that one should increase a bit more than it does now. It doesn't really seem all that useful when you have a player train a year on his composure and it just increases by one point.

I would like to see an option to include an attribute masking or fog Of war to your own players ( and opponents) where I as à manager are not able to see à players exact stats until I have worked with him for some time. How long and how accurate this would be initially in terms Of procentage would depend on time and the skills Of My staff.

As an Example, À player with 10 in dribbling would under à 70% accuracy would initially show up as either 7? Or 13? at the beginning and then as time goes by it Will be à 10 ( at the beginning , I would not know if the first 7? Or 13? Is an over or underestimation, if iit should get 30 % better or worse. At High levels, one would probably have à 90 % accuracy and at lower levels , perhaps à 50 %.

This is the same as the PA/CA: If a player have a Pa and CA of 150 and scores 50 goals in the EPL, he should be raised to 160 right? because you have players who will never get their full PA, you should have players that can go further. For example, Pirlo will have more Ca that in FM 2012 because the euro cup? I say yes

But i believe that with dynamic stats you couldn't compare players because you didn't knew if they have the right stats! And if you don't know them, how about your scouts? The player its a 10, you see a 7 or 13 and with time 10, right? How about your scout? What would he see for you to sign the player? a 5 or a 15? Imagine a striker with this at finishing: If your scout sees a 5 it could be a 15, you sign, you see a 13 and its a 10!! Wow...

This is the same as the PA/CA: If a player have a Pa and CA of 150 and scores 50 goals in the EPL, he should be raised to 160 right? because you have players who will never get their full PA, you should have players that can go further. For example, Pirlo will have more Ca that in FM 2012 because the euro cup? I say yes

But i believe that with dynamic stats you couldn't compare players because you didn't knew if they have the right stats! And if you don't know them, how about your scouts? The player its a 10, you see a 7 or 13 and with time 10, right? How about your scout? What would he see for you to sign the player? a 5 or a 15? Imagine a striker with this at finishing: If your scout sees a 5 it could be a 15, you sign, you see a 13 and its a 10!! Wow...

Potential Ability is Potential ability, the best he can ever get, no matter is he plays better, he wont get higher stats. À player in harmony and with great mental stats that scores 50 goals WILL make better use his 150CA/150PA than à player pir Of confidence and with poor mental stats with 150CA/150PA. This does not mean that Torres is à lesser player in terms Of stats when he is in à slump Than he is when scoring goals.

As for the fog Of war, it was just one example Of how it could be implemented, the point being that until you have worked with him, scouted him, seen him play, watch him train, you and your staff cant make àn accurate guess as how good he really is. Naturally the reputation and career Of à player like Rooney would make it 100 % accurate as I was speaking more about players not known enough to me as à manager and the rest Of the world ( did not make that clear enough)

But in theory, à poor scout COULD judge à players Stat Of 10 and tell you its 5 or 15 if he only scouts him for 2 games, just like many scouts do in the game.

Potential Ability is Potential ability, the best he can ever get, no matter is he plays better, he wont get higher stats. À player in harmony and with great mental stats that scores 50 goals WILL make better use his 150CA/150PA than à player pir Of confidence and with poor mental stats with 150CA/150PA. This does not mean that Torres is à lesser player in terms Of stats when he is in à slump Than he is when scoring goals.

As for the fog Of war, it was just one example Of how it could be implemented, the point being that until you have worked with him, scouted him, seen him play, watch him train, you and your staff cant make àn accurate guess as how good he really is. Naturally the reputation and career Of à player like Rooney would make it 100 % accurate as I was speaking more about players not known enough to me as à manager and the rest Of the world ( did not make that clear enough)

But in theory, à poor scout COULD judge à players Stat Of 10 and tell you its 5 or 15 if he only scouts him for 2 games, just like many scouts do in the game.

IMo, this would get a huge list here in the forum with the accurate skills of every player, so people dont mess up :D

IMo, this would get a huge list here in the forum with the accurate skills of every player, so people dont mess up :D
Haha, yeah. It should only be implemented as an option and those using it would not actually read those threads. It would be à cool mini feature to make à career game à much bigger challenge :)

What I would like to see

(1) Use ANY of your trained formations for Reserves/Youth Teams

It annoys me no end when I have a TM in the reserves and because I've said to use my first team formation it sticks him in a PCH role or the like. Just make it so that AM (or whoever you put managing the reserves/youth) can pick from one of the 3, a higher Tactical Knowledge makes it more likley they'll pick an appropriate one.

(2) The ability to ask players about disallowed goals/fouls etc. in the dressing room

It annoys me when (tbf this has only happened once or twice) you get a goal disallowed and a player in your squad is quite vocal that it shouldn't have been. Then when you mention that the ref "may need new glasses" that squad member has a go at you for speaking out about refs. The ability to use your Team talk to ask a player about an event in the match and their opinion on it would be brilliant imo

1. In the "filter agent offers" option, it would be better if we have the option "Show players from (the nation your team is based) only", especially as some users here prefer using local players or some leagues do have foreign player rules.

2. Realistic transfer fees, especially when a small club has a highly potential player, the club should release it at a high transfer fee (relative to the small club's finance) instead of holding him at all costs.

3. Match preparation focus on penalties, especially in cup competitions.

4. Salaries for national team managers. They must get some decent salary, you know.

5. The chairmen should have a stat named Estimated Total Assets. It's unrealistic to see current chairmen have seemingly unlimited money, you can see them during takeovers when some people who previously were only chairmen of not-very-rich club comes with a massive takeover bid.

6. Allow the managers to allocate how many tickets to be sold to away fans, please. We don't want to see empty away stands.

7. Allow the TV money to increase or decrease as the league reputation increases or decreases.

Last edited:
If a player dives, we should be able to warn him or discipline him.

Also, I'm not sure if this is just me, but none of my players have ever spoken to the media except for when a manager comments on him.

Last edited:
1. Allow you to have international youth academies just like Liverpool, Barcelona and Juventus have.

2. More realistic transfer demands, in game you can't buy Giuseppe Rossi without paying his releash clause of 40 mil and now his "price" is around 7-9 mil.

Scouting is definitely overpowered at the moment in my opinion. We get to see player attributes way too fast and they are always 100% accurate regardless of scout used. Not even the best scouts should be able to give such an accurate picture of players ability and certainly not on such a short notice. This should be much more hit and miss, even for best scouts out there. Also please implement option to completely hide players attributes.
Quote from FMScout. Anyway, this is probably the best suggestion I've run into. This bold part would lift FM on another level. Imagine no more attributes that spoil everything about the player, instead you need to scout him few times and rely on his statistic and scout report. It would be so much harder and most realistic football simulation.

Definitely needs a better transfer system, like a live clockwatch for deadline day as NOTHING ever happens on it.

Sort it out.