Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

Quote from FMScout. Anyway, this is probably the best suggestion I've run into. This bold part would lift FM on another level. Imagine no more attributes that spoil everything about the player, instead you need to scout him few times and rely on his statistic and scout report. It would be so much harder and most realistic football simulation.

Not hiding attributes though, giving only an approximation would be better, but if the player is scouted several times by different scouts the range of appoximations will get narrower and narrower until his real attributes finally appear just like usual. Also, for the scout to, at best, project a player's potential for the next 4-5 years, 6 years maximum. You can't judge whether someone will be the next Messi while he's still 14.

Journalists may also 'take part' in scouting albeit in a far smaller intensity and depth, for example by publishing a yearly Future Stars XI or some similar sorts of things.

1) When asking the board to improve your stadium, training or youth facilities it would be an improvement to have them offer you a choice as to which aspect you want to improve and also to tell you approximately how much those improvements would cost before you ask for them. Also, it would be cool if we could ask the board to increase/decrease ticket and season ticket prices, depending on sales, so that we could make the most money out of the stadium we have if the club can't afford an expansion or can't be expanded more.

2) Kind of following on from 1, a more in-depth relationship with the board. Clubs with directors of football could see that person tell the manager that the board would like a certain player to be signed, where you could agree or disagree with the suggestion. Even sometimes taking transfers out of the managers hands, depending on the DoF's level of 'interference', or something.

I want to be able to completely ignore offers from other clubs like Arsenal did with Persie and ManU :D

A no sacking system would be cool, im sick of worrying if i'll make it through a season with PSG.
Or is that something you can do in the editor?

Probably has been already mentioned but I would like a better tactic system. We should be able to set an attack and defend tactic separately. I would love to see my back 4 transform to a back 3 when attacking. Also the opposition instruction should be developed better and I think the game should auto pause once a change in opponents tactic has been noticed so you can take a new counter-action and give new instructions to your players.

A language learning class for overseas players under individual training focus.

A no sacking system would be cool, im sick of worrying if i'll make it through a season with PSG.
Or is that something you can do in the editor?

Unnecessary.
There's no need for it.
You can just edit yourself into the team again if you get sacked.

I'd like to see it where if a player is getting old and into there golden years of there playing careers instead of when they are free agents and getting about 12 offers from big teams they act more realistically and move to the mls or even to Asian leagues like china or U.A.E like in irl

Like a lot of others say, I'd love to see a better implementation of scouting. Currently, scouting is far to powerful, anyone you takes 30-45 mins at the end of a season and can spot, find and sign many very very good cheap players. I'd love it if scouts gave scouting reports similarly to how youth develop in Fifa 12, where its between two values, and how long it takes a scout to zero in on the true value of the ability of the player would be dependent on the scouts attributes. This would make it more difficult to spot amazing players easily, which can potentially break the game, and really feel more realistic in the sense that you may need to scout a player for a few months and get several game/different scout reports to ensure that everyone agrees that said player will become world class. And ****, seeing a youngster where my two scouts quick reports say hes got between 12-18 for a stat, but who is in great demand may make me offer a few more mil in a transfer for the chance that my scouts predicted him right. This makes all but the best planned transfers appear as a gamble. I think the difficulty of the game is at a good place, but adjusting the difficulty of spotting great players would make the game a much better and more satisfying experience.

Hope this hasn't been said already but physical growth of players till they hit say 21. As in when you either sigh a youngster or have one to start with they will neither get taller or put on any weight. I have just signed Joel Valencia at the age of 17 and he will be 5'5' for the rest of his life.

The option in editor for clubs to be likely to spend the cash....ie a scale of 1-20(1 wont spend 20 they will spend the lot and more!!)

transfers- the option to loan your player/s as part of a purchase

Contract negotitation -

If I've offered a contract to a player, say as manager as Cardiff, and then another offer for the player gets accepted, say from Barcelona, and they offer him a contract, I think there should be a further stage of negotiation where the player's agent says he will sign for us if we promise him first team football, or pay him x amount more per week than our last offer, or match the Barca offer, or something like that.

This could also lead to further player personality traits such as players who prefer 1st team football, players who prefer money or the possibility of winning trophies, etc. and their personalities could alter which contracts they accept or reject. Same for agents. Also, say a youth player has Cardiff as his favourite team and me as a favoured person, he should be more willing to stay at the club and help it progress, ignoring transfer rumours, etc. than a player with high ambition levels. This is already in the game to an extent, but it should be more noticeable.

More press interaction from players would be nice. Off-the-pitch behaviour being reported, leading to private chats about it and potential punishments from the F.A. or from the club for unprofessional behaviour, etc.

Control over financial aspects - choosing kit sponsors, stadium advertising, ticket prices including special offers etc.

I'm probably the only one who wants this, but how about adding women's teams? I'd like to be able to manage the USWNT to their third World Cup.

After all, the popularity of the women's sport is rising. The final of the Olympic tournament set a record for attendance at a women's Olympic game.

I have not looked through the whole thread so i dont know if its here. I would like to see the next gen series added as it would give you the incentive to pay more attention to your under 18s if they are in a European competition. Also this is a good opportunity to scout youth players from clubs that you may not have thought about. Again along the lines of youth id like to see the new under 23s(???) competition in England for a higher level of play for your youngsters.

I have not looked through the whole thread so i dont know if its here. I would like to see the next gen series added as it would give you the incentive to pay more attention to your under 18s if they are in a European competition. Also this is a good opportunity to scout youth players from clubs that you may not have thought about. Again along the lines of youth id like to see the new under 23s(???) competition in England for a higher level of play for your youngsters.
The next gen series is already in under the name of the European U19 Champions Cup and, the new English tournament is U21 but would also like to see that.

I would really love to have the fifa coach of the year award in fm 13-under another name due to licensing of course-as i have tried to add it in the editor [spent hours on it].

Last edited:
Maybe some of these points already have been mentioned (sorry for not reading the whole thread) but the following is what I would love to see in FM (13 is a bit late to mention now, but for the future I would find it real additions to the game)

- Amateur Manager game
Explanation:
This is a game in which you only can choose the country in which you want to coach.
Once you have selected the nation you will enter that countries Football Manager School (FMS).
In this FMS you will learn how to develop tactics, create training scheduals, motivate players...simply saidthe basics every coach need...but...all according to that nations philosophy (e.g. Dutch soccer differs from English soccer and those 2 differ from German soccer etc.).
To bring what you have learned to practice you will be appointed to a club that needs to be build from the ground up (you can, optional, choose the name for the club.
From here on forward your reputation will be determained, the better a manager you are the higher the chances are that a better club wants you as manager.

- 1 Database in which the whole world is loaded.
Explanation: atm its so that if you did NOT load a specific country you will not find certain players and/or staff, also player attributes differ as well as willingness to move to your club, transfer status etc.
If there was only 1 database ALL games would be equal (including talents) and you really depend on your scouting knowledge to find more players/staff.

- During season break the ability to scout players as manager.
Explanation: instead of waiting for the season to end you can go to matches to scout specific players or request your scouts to deliver you film materials of that player for you to analyze.

- Detailed training
Explanation: Now we slide a few bars hoping that the training works and pays off in your tactic as well.
With detailed training you, the manager, can create training exercises in detail e.g. with the Tactical training you can tell/teach each player how and where to move (which would mean you can train your players to do exactly as you want them to according to your tactic) or for the agility training you determine the course and exercises.
With the detailed training you also need to create a schedule (24h 7days schedule or 24h montly schedule) in which you determine the daily starting times, training breaks and at what time the training day is done.
With this detailed training you can also select special events like teambuilding activities (e.g. survival).

- More specific and detailed creation of tactics.
Explanation: though pretty detailed now still very limited which makes it for a layman or newbie to FM hard to understand what relates to what and how what player reacts to what setting on the pitch.
More specific and detailed will make it more complicated at first sight, but, you can instruct your players per position into detail.
E.g. you can tell each player to be at what part of the pitch when the ball is at part X of the pitch, you can tell your player where to start to mark his man tightly and/or at what spot his tackles should be more aggressive.

- No waiting when to game is processing.
Explanation: when you deside to continue with the game your clock starts to run, in the meantime you can keep doing what you were doing untill office hours are over (say till maximum 21:00).
The game will stop processing every morning at 07:00.
This way you no longer have to see what player got transfered or what results certain clubs, which are not in your selected nation or even continent, had during a match on that day etc. imo it would make the game run a bit smoother as well.

I had more ideas, but these are the ones I could think off :)

Last edited: