Ferguson four-letter blast at FA

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 113
  • Views Views 5K
I am not assuming too much, its easy enough to see that Manchester United are not treated like '****' by the FA and the FA should not change the way they treat Man Utd just because they churn out the most players for England.... The Rooney incdent is the only one of note where the FA got it wrong but such incidents have happened to all clubs

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

in that case Ferguson shoud not have said something like this at all... like I keep mentioning, his club are not treated like '****' and it would have gone down better if he had used incidents such as Rooneys two match ban to back up his statement rather than saying his club are very important for England

thats exactly what he's already done. he was actually talking abut how happy he was that he had so many players pushing for england

Iin that case Ferguson shoud not have said something like this at all... like I keep mentioning, his club are not treated like '****' and it would have gone down better if he had used incidents such as Rooneys two match ban to back up his statement rather than saying his club are very important for England

Do you know what was the question? It was about Possible 8 ManUtd players in the england sqaud.

I have posted that in first page.

There is a link on how same incidents are treated differently by FA. Wont post it again as I have already in the past.

I dont think they target Utd as such but i do think they are like their refs and are in-consistant with their punishments. Also i dont class **** as a swear word but maybe that says more about where i live than anything lol.

Do you know what was the question? It was about Possible 8 ManUtd players in the england sqaud.

I have posted that in first page.

There is a link on how same incidents are treated differently by FA. Wont post it again as I have already in the past.

yes I do know the question and that again poses the quandram why Ferguson gave such an answer

One really doe snot know what to think when he backs up his statement by saying that Man Utd are very important for England

If he said something like, Rooney got an unfair ban while Richards did not, hence FA treat us like 'sht', along those lines then it would have been fair but he said that Man Utd are very important for England (because they have 8 England Internationals) and thus FA should realise the importance of our club and stop treating us like ****

I dont think they target Utd as such but i do think they are like their refs and are in-consistant with their punishments. Also i dont class **** as a swear word but maybe that says more about where i live than anything lol.

Agreed, the only thing is the recently we've been coming off on the wrong side

what i said earlier:

don't think its a case of "being treated like ****" more a case of swayed by the masses rather that sticking to their own rulings. The FA is just very inconsistent, and recently we've been coming off on the wrong side of it

its hardly a blast from SAF, hes just had a little jibe at the FA

yes I do know the question and that again poses the quandram why Ferguson gave such an answer

One really doe snot know what to think when he backs up his statement by saying that Man Utd are very important for England

If he said something like, Rooney got an unfair ban while Richards did not, hence FA treat us like 'sht', along those lines then it would have been fair but he said that Man Utd are very important for England (because they have 8 England Internationals) and thus FA should realise the importance of our club and stop treating us like ****
you miss the point, the conference mainly focused on the players and england, he then had a little jibe at the FA

you miss the point, the conference mainly focused on the players and england, he then had a little jibe at the FA

Yes I know Mike but I think that Ferguson should have backed up his statement with proper evidence rather than saying that Man Utd are important for England

And little jibe or not, you know as well as I do that the media are going to magnify this and all in all, Ferguson did a stupid thing by saying this, not suprised if another ban is incoming

Yes I know Mike but I think that Ferguson should have backed up his statement with proper evidence rather than saying that Man Utd are important for England

And little jibe or not, you know as well as I do that the media are going to magnify this and all in all, Ferguson did a stupid thing by saying this, not suprised if another ban is incoming

he has done, repeatedly. he has talked about the other instances, repeatedly. we all know about them, the evidence is there, again.

and that highlights exactly what he is talking about. what has the media got to do the FA enforcing their rules?

The inconsistencies in the FA are an absolute joke, everyone knows it. It's quite clear that Rooney's ban was also linked with previous incidents (see elbow on Wigan's James McCarthey), but the loopoles in the rules mean that they couldn't punish him after the game. It's shocking and really needs to be looked at, but it could be argued that Rooney should have had at least a 3 match ban for that one. United aren't harshly treated imo, we get away with as much as anyone else.

SAF isn't that naive that he could think this would go unnoticed though, perhaps he wants the United squad to feel as though everyone is against them? Maybe that 'us against the world' mentality brings the best out of english players? Maybe he feels that this will put more pressure on the FA in future instances?

The inconsistencies in the FA are an absolute joke, everyone knows it. It's quite clear that Rooney's ban was also linked with previous incidents (see elbow on Wigan's James McCarthey), but the loopoles in the rules mean that they couldn't punish him after the game. It's shocking and really needs to be looked at, but it could be argued that Rooney should have had at least a 3 match ban for that one. United aren't harshly treated imo, we get away with as much as anyone else.

SAF isn't that naive that he could think this would go unnoticed though, perhaps he wants the United squad to feel as though everyone is against them? Maybe that 'us against the world' mentality brings the best out of english players? Maybe he feels that this will put more pressure on the FA in future instances?

Agree with a lot of this, think what pains him, as he said in previous conferences is the media influenced inconsistencies more than most.

Agree with a lot of this, think what pains him, as he said in previous conferences is the media influenced inconsistencies more than most.

I would agree, and it's the same in all walks of life. The mass media are incredibly powerful and have a ridiculous ammount of control over a lot of people. Too many of us buy into the nonsense that most of the papers spout, and the FA will never ignore public outcry. The fact is, Micah Richards is more likely to get away with swearing than a Man Utd player, because a lot of people don't like Utd for one reason or another. The FA are to weak and lack the conviction to ever do their job fairly

before people keep bringing it up the Micah Richards swearing at camera and the Rooney swearing at the camera were totally different. Richards accedently swore at the camera but Rooney knew exacly what he was doing.

before people keep bringing it up the Micah Richards swearing at camera and the Rooney swearing at the camera were totally different. Richards accedently swore at the camera but Rooney knew exacly what he was doing.

What about Terry at the ref, or Reina at the ref?

That's like saying Martin Taylor shouldn't have been sent off because he accidently broke Eduardo's leg. It's still an unlawful act, and punishment should always be expected. The fact that Richards has done it twice....

Fully agree

What about Terry at the ref, or Reina at the ref?

Thats down to the ref to punish the player in question. If he dosent then who's fault is it?? Refs want respect but all the time they dont punish players for doing this then they will keep doing it. Saying that swearing at a ref is different than swearing directly down a camera.

That's like saying Martin Taylor shouldn't have been sent off because he accidently broke Eduardo's leg. It's still an unlawful act, and punishment should always be expected. The fact that Richards has done it twice....

Its not like saying that at all, Taylors tackle was poor hence why he got sent off. Richards didnt mean to swear but Rooney did.

Last edited:
Thats down to the ref to punish the player in question. If he dosent then who's fault is it?? Refs want respect but all the time they dont punish players for doing this then they will keep doing it. Saying that swearing at a ref is different than swearing directly down a camera.

Its not like saying that at all, Maylors tackle was poor hence why he got sent off. Richards didnt mean to swear but Rooney did.

no actual rule for what rooney did (which was in frustration in fairness) my issue is less the punishment and more the consistency. There is an actual rule against swearing at the ref, which carries a match ban

Its not like saying that at all, Maylors tackle was poor hence why he got sent off. Richards didnt mean to swear but Rooney did.

Yeah well, if I had thousands of oppossing fans slagging me off, my family and calling me all the names under the sun, and scored a hat trick, I'd have trouble staying composed. Reason why? I'm human. Would've been pumped up beyond belief and full of adrenalin

Yeah well, if I had thousands of oppossing fans slagging me off, my family and calling me all the names under the sun, and scored a hat trick, I'd have trouble staying composed. Reason why? I'm human. Would've been pumped up beyond belief and full of adrenalin

It dont matter why, the fact is he purposely swore in a camera where there would be millions watching, not setting a good example... thats why he got punished and rightly so

Back