FIFA 11 Xbox 360 FM-Base noob Tournament

Here are complete groups. As you can see I have added points next to the team names. Everybody on 0 now, but as scores come in, this post will be updated, instead of another post added each time somebody plays a game.

Group A:

The Fonzarello - CSKA Moscow (Russia) - 0
steverv - Schalke 04 (Germany) - 0
Varkabond - Man Utd (England) - 0

Group B:
ScrappyWizard - Inter (Italy) - 3
Raging Eboue - Bayern (Germany) - 3
EggMong - PSG (France) - 0

Group C:
Gatez4000 - Atletico Madrid (Spain) - 3
xX DmLeGaCy Xx - Getafe (Spain) - 0
NeallJ - Milan (Italy) - 0

Group D:
Jellymonster - Blackburn (England) - 4
GypsyNinja69 - Fenerbahce (Turkey) - 1
carlroos - LOSC Lille (France) - 0

I would ask that nobody moves onto KO until we have finished all group games. If we manage that before Wednesday, then great, but for now, we will just say that KO rounds start on Thursday as a provisional measure.

So far, the order that these things are written in, are the order that will go through, with the exception of group A which hasn't recorded a single score, and group C which has two players on 0 points.. If Group A don't record any scores, then I will either put through the players who have made most effort, or simply replace all of you with players who have played both games, but been eliminated. Group C, you need to get your games done if you want this to be anywhere near fair. Neall has been around, as has Gatez, and yet you haven't played each other?

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

SwedishInterista (Carlroos is his xbl) did make the first approach to me, he asked when we could play, i replied now if you want and invited him. He replied saying he had to go to work and we should arrange to play the following day (yesterday) at midday. i missed this time.

Ever since then i've been on xbl pretty much the entire time, he hasnt been on once, ive sent him a couple of vistor messages on fm base with no repsonse either. I'm always on base and it's very easy to get hold of me.

I'm stuck in two minds here. If I hand you a 3-0 victory, you and I finish level, with 3 goals scored each, 0 conceded etc. and we have to work out who goes 1st and who goes second. If I call it a no contest, you go through anyway.

As I said, I will wait until tomorrow is over. You have been easily available I must admit, but missing the arranged time makes it tricky to call.

Try and sort it out for tomorrow. If you are around all day and he isn't, you'll get the 3-0 win, and most likely situation will have to be a playoff between yourself and I, if you're happy with that?

I've sent ScrappyWizard messages on here and on Xbox asking what time he wants to play tomorrow and then all of the games in our group will have been played.

I'm stuck in two minds here. If I hand you a 3-0 victory, you and I finish level, with 3 goals scored each, 0 conceded etc. and we have to work out who goes 1st and who goes second. If I call it a no contest, you go through anyway.

As I said, I will wait until tomorrow is over. You have been easily available I must admit, but missing the arranged time makes it tricky to call.

Try and sort it out for tomorrow. If you are around all day and he isn't, you'll get the 3-0 win, and most likely situation will have to be a playoff between yourself and I, if you're happy with that?

I sent him a vm on base last night, i checked his online status (a perk of being a staff member) and he was online for 10 minutes after receiving it, then logged out without replying.

The midday time was hardly ideal, and im struggling to see how he can be heading off for work at midday one day, and then be ready to play at midday on the following day. I know people have different hours etc, but he hasnt actaully contacted me asking me why i didnt log on at the arranged time.

I sent him a vm on base last night, i checked his online status (a perk of being a staff member) and he was online for 10 minutes after receiving it, then logged out without replying.

The midday time was hardly ideal, and im struggling to see how he can be heading off for work at midday one day, and then be ready to play at midday on the following day. I know people have different hours etc, but he hasnt actaully contacted me asking me why i didnt log on at the arranged time.

Are you happy with the idea of just having a playoff game against me to decide first place if you don't play carlroos? As far as I can tell, you have been available most of the time, so in the event that the two of you don't play, I will hand you a win which puts us level on points, head-to-head, GD and GS.

I will be on tomorrow at 6 (UK time) and if you haven't played before then, we will play to decide 1st/2nd place. Does that work for you?

Raging Eboue 1-0 ScrappyWizard
Good game mate

Well done guys. Having both beaten EggMong you are already both through, but Eboue of course takes first place.

Send out PM's guys, try and get your games sorted tonight, and I will decide tomorrow who goes through to KO rounds.

we played other game first but that last goal in the forest game was SICK

Group A:

The Fonzarello - CSKA Moscow (Russia) - 3
steverv - Schalke 04 (Germany) - 0
Varkabond - Man Utd (England) - 0

Group B:
Raging Eboue - Bayern (Germany) - 6
ScrappyWizard - Inter (Italy) - 3
EggMong - PSG (France) - 0

Group C:
NeallJ - Milan (Italy) - 3
Gatez4000 - Atletico Madrid (Spain) - 3
xX DmLeGaCy Xx - Getafe (Spain) - 0

Group D:
Jellymonster - Blackburn (England) - 4
GypsyNinja69 - Fenerbahce (Turkey) - 4
carlroos - LOSC Lille (France) - 0

Those are completed groups now. If I have missed a recorded score, let me know, but any games played from now (unless you're already in the middle of it) will not be counted, and the order that the names are written, are the group standings. steverv gets second place in group A purely on grounds of availability, I top group D as me and Gypsyninja finished level in every respect, and had a playoff which I won and Neall edges Gatez on head-to-head record.

These are quarter finals:

QF 1: Jellymonster v Gatez4000
QF 2: Raging Eboue v steverv
QF 3: The Fonzarello v GypsyNinja69
QF 4: NeallJ v ScrappyWizard

Obviously teams are the same as before, and I am going to set a deadline of Monday for these games, as in, semi-finals will start on Tuesday. Let's try and get all these games played, eh?

P.s. GypsyNinja69, I haven't the foggiest why our game was so laggy, but if it was anything my end I apologise, I suffered as well haha.

P.s. GypsyNinja69, I haven't the foggiest why our game was so laggy, but if it was anything my end I apologise, I suffered as well haha.

Twas horrible, never had lag as bad as that before. Our first game was fine so im not sure what happened. :(

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

Are the QF's 2 legged?

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

I'm available now Fonzie.

It said on my XBL that you guys were playing with Forest and Boro? Is that a glitch, or were you using wrong teams?

Either way, at least you played haha!

na that was the second game :p We had a friendly after when I was Boro and he was Forest and I won 5-2 but yeah last goal was sweet :L
First game was me 3-0 :p

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

Jake, if you and I win you will get prawned by Milan in the semi's ;)

QF's are just one leg, given all of the trouble we had getting group games finished. On the plus side, the unwilling players are (hopefully) out now, so KO rounds should go smoothly.

For KO matches, play ET only (no pens due to EA's ****** servers lagging up penalties) and if no score after ET, replay.

I'm gunning for Inter, Bayern and Milan though. How could the likes of Robben, Ibrahimovic and Sneijder possibly trouble the mighy Blackburn?