First person to live to 1000 has already been born

So, lets live in a hypothetical World in which the human race is, by your definition, "perfect."

Oh wait no, we all never existed as the human race died out days into their existence...

You are putting words in my mouth. Find where I said human race is perfect. Second part I don't understand, but I'll try to answer.
No I can't answer, I don't get your point. Sorry :(.
@Joel, you are showing off with you Physics knowlege :p ( kidding mate ). And sorry, I have to say this, my name Is Vanja ( on english Vanya) but you can call me Van if you want :)

Would you really want to live to 1000? Even FM may start to get a little boring by then.

Why not?

If life starts to get boring, I'll become a mass serial killer. I'll also be helping the over-populating issue that so many have highlighted. So you can't call me selfish either...

Would you really want to live to 1000? Even FM may start to get a little boring by then.

Why would we get bored? Surely if people say you'd get bored over a stupidly long period of time, we'd have people committing suicide over boredom in mass numbers right now? We all have our own routines, with the same repetitive activities that we do day by day, week by week. Why is repetition not boring over 80 years, but it is over 1000? Surely we all live because of life, not out of "fun"? People who live under dictatorships and seek asylum live awful lives, with no "fun" in them but yet they keep going. It's easy to say you'd get bored and want to die decades before you're faced with your own mortality, but when it comes down to it, how many people could physically do it? The world and life is always evolving, there's always something new around the corner, when faced with it you eliminate the possibility of experiencing that, because it would truly be over.

I firmly believe that when faced with the decision; very, very few people could actually truly end everything.

You are putting words in my mouth. Find where I said human race is perfect. Second part I don't understand, but I'll try to answer.
No I can't answer, I don't get your point. Sorry :(.

I never said you said that the World was perfect. You are saying that the human race is imperfect, "a genetic mistake." So surely you would want the human race to be perfect - by your definition - no? And I'm saying that your definition of perfect would mean that the human race would die out because your "perfection" is flawed.

I never said you said that the World was perfect. You are saying that the human race is imperfect, "a genetic mistake." So surely you would want the human race to be perfect - by your definition - no? And I'm saying that your definition of perfect would mean that the human race would die out because your "perfection" is flawed.

No, I don't think world is perfect and human race is a genetic mistake. And nothing can be perfect. Even a circle is not perfect. So perfection can't be flawed because perfection does not exists. However, humans are flawed and we all deserve to die one day( one by one). We do not know how to appreciate Mother Earth.

No, I don't think world is perfect and human race is a genetic mistake. And nothing can be perfect. Even a circle is not perfect. So perfection can't be flawed because perfection does not exists. However, humans are flawed and we all deserve to die one day( one by one). We do not know how to appreciate Mother Earth.

For one, the universe was created on imperfection, so yeah.

And two, we will die one day, it'll take 10x longer. Unless I get bored of course.

How is a circle not perfect? Why do we deserve to die one day but not now? What do we do over time that decreases our right to live?

How is a circle not perfect? Why do we deserve to die one day but not now? What do we do over time that decreases our right to live?

It's just not. Because we have to do more selfish acts ( like finding cure for cancer or similar ****). Who am I to tell you do you have right to live or die. Make your own decision.

Methuselah is gonna be ****** when someone beats his record.

It's just not. Because we have to do more selfish acts ( like finding cure for cancer or similar ****). Who am I to tell you do you have right to live or die. Make your own decision.

Finding the cure for cancer is selfish? You're ridiculous.

What? You have a warped, stupidly philosophical distinction of the word selfish. Are you just arguing for the sake of it now?

Yes, finding cure for cancer will give you a Nobel prize. You see, you can find hidden motives everywhere. I call it selfishness ( Finally I found a right word/s, hidden motives ^^)

Yes, finding cure for cancer will give you a Nobel prize. You see, you can find hidden motives everywhere. I call it selfishness ( Finally I found a right word/s, hidden motives ^^)

you're kidding me right?

What? You have a warped, stupidly philosophical distinction of the word selfish. Are you just arguing for the sake of it now?
Nah, Im trying to put in bed this discussion. You won't let me. You are so eager to show me I'm wrong.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

you're kidding me right?

No I'm not. Please don't start this argument again. Read my posts I posted ( o_O ) before.

What about the people funding the research (not Bill Gates, people who donate SECRETLY and with UNDISCLOSED FEES(Bill Gates isn't selfish, but I'm sure you think he is))? Do they recieve a nobel prize? No.

Nah, Im trying to put in bed this discussion. You won't let me. You are so eager to show me I'm wrong.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

No I'm not. Please don't start this argument again. Read my posts I posted ( o_O ) before.

Because you're saying ridiculously stupid stuff for the sake of it. How can anyone of sane mind actually call curing cancer selfish. You get a nobel prize, so ****** what? That doesn't make you selfish. It doesn't meant that was what motivated you. It takes years for a nobel prize to come through, they take so long many have actually died by the time they receive it. You're LOOKING for reasons to call even the most noble of acts selfish, what a sad outlook on life you have. The glass is well and truly half empty for you, isn't it? If you look for a reason to call something selfish, you'll find it. The same with numerology, if you look hard enough you'll always find patterns within numbers. It doesn't mean that acts are selfish and it doesn't mean that numbers mean anything special, except to yourself.

Do you really want to start this thing over again ?
And GodCubed, I'm not wrong. you are discussing with me cuz you are not sure in your own ideas. Everyone is selfish. In every act there's a little selfishness. You don't want to accept it, I can deal with it. Now you can talk about how Vanjagl is insane, stupid ( which I am), wrong etc. I'm off to bed. Not trying to be rude, good night guys. Hope you are not mad at me just for having open minded opinion about human nature.