Fluid 523 Attack & Counter by Veez

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 276
  • Views Views 88K
Iam going to test a few games with counter. Hope it suits my weak Nurnberg team ;>

thanks mate i really appreciate it. im going back to uni, be back later to look at feedback and try and build on this crazy deadly counter tactic! think it has a lot of potential :)

Gonna give this ago in my second season with Southampton. Quick question.... how would I put out the team?
This is my current batch who just finnished 6th in league 1st season.:)

View attachment 448964

Also any suggested signings? that would improve this tactic?

wrong tactic in sreenshot, I mean im gonna give your tactics A go:)

Last edited:
New test! This time i used counter every game. Only scored 14 goals in 10 games. But i did creat 32 CCC! and only allowed 4!
So maybe if i had have better players i would had scored alot more goals.

average shots and CCC for 10 games:
Shots: 10,6 - 11,9
CCC: 3,2 - 0,4
Goals: 14 - 10

6 wins, 1 draw, 3 loss.
View attachment 448931

4-2 win, 5-0 CCC and not much more to say.
View attachment 448933

0-3 Loss, red card in 4th min. Still, 3-2 win in CCC.
View attachment 448934

Loss 2-1 but 5-0 in CCC and i was the better team!
View attachment 448932

Its a great tactic tbh. Just feel that i would have got alot more points if my team had scored on our chances.
32 - 4 in CCC over 10 games is amazing!

i will try this tactic aswell. currently in my 3rd season with rangers but since the patch i havent found a decent enough tactic to use and am struggling in the league as i was using 4-2-3-1 for 2 seasons and only lost 4 games in 2 years since the patch destroyed this tactic. hopefully with the players i have brought in they can get used to this tactic. am in january 2016 now. will let u know how i get on. cheers

Veez I honestly thing ur tactic is spot on. Was struggling so bad with results. Playing Inverness CT who are above me in league an I was 4-0 inside 26mins with a player who has high potential to be a great player scoring 2. Had 10 shots 8 on target so pretty convincing. Won game 5-3 but the team ain't used to this tactic so on e it's fluid it really could be a great tactic.

Gonna give this ago in my second season with Southampton. Quick question.... how would I put out the team?
This is my current batch who just finnished 6th in league 1st season.:)

View attachment 432028

Also any suggested signings? that would improve this tactic?

wrong tactic in sreenshot, I mean im gonna give your tactics A go:)

i would probably sell lambert and tadanari lee. use wanyama as the limited CB coz he has poor passing. Schneiderlin as the BWM. clyne and shaw on the wings obviously, with ward prowse ramirez and lallana in the CM positions. dunno who id play as the AP, probably the slowest and with less finishing and with higher passing stats. up front jay rod or Osvaldo. i'd suggest you get will hughes from derby, tom ince can also be adaoted to the CM position. ross barkley would be immense as a CM too. id also suggest getting a couple of CB's with good passing. for cover in the BWM pos i'd sugget william carvalho form sporting, he is immense and develops really well. sporting have a couple more interesting and cheap players u can have a look at like cedric soares, andre martins, joao mario or eric dier. hope i've been of assistance. love the saints by the way, one of my favourites in the premiership after spurs :) post some screenies of your results when u can please!

New test! This time i used counter every game. Only scored 14 goals in 10 games. But i did creat 32 CCC! and only allowed 4!
So maybe if i had have better players i would had scored alot more goals.

average shots and CCC for 10 games:
Shots: 10,6 - 11,9
CCC: 3,2 - 0,4
Goals: 14 - 10

6 wins, 1 draw, 3 loss.
View attachment 432104

4-2 win, 5-0 CCC and not much more to say.
View attachment 432102

0-3 Loss, red card in 4th min. Still, 3-2 win in CCC.
View attachment 432099

Loss 2-1 but 5-0 in CCC and i was the better team!
View attachment 432103

Its a great tactic tbh. Just feel that i would have got alot more points if my team had scored on our chances.
32 - 4 in CCC over 10 games is amazing!

those numbers are awesome!! where do you feel you concede most from? with better finishers you would have probably raked up many more wins. how is the quality of your defense? i'd say speed and passing is as imprtant as tackling and marking. thanks once again for your awesome in depth analysis :)

Veez I honestly thing ur tactic is spot on. Was struggling so bad with results. Playing Inverness CT who are above me in league an I was 4-0 inside 26mins with a player who has high potential to be a great player scoring 2. Had 10 shots 8 on target so pretty convincing. Won game 5-3 but the team ain't used to this tactic so on e it's fluid it really could be a great tactic.

thanks mate! although those 3 goals conceeded concern me, coz im keeping a lot of clean sheets in my save. how are you conceeding these goals?

as my sporting save doesnt have the appropriate players, im going to start a new save to dedicate solely to this tactic. any suggestions of a squad that might be adequate for this tactic?

thanks mate! although those 3 goals conceeded concern me, coz im keeping a lot of clean sheets in my save. how are you conceeding these goals?
I just played Celtic away and they beat me 4-1. Can I play a striker in my amc postions or does it solely have to be players that suite that postions? Inverness scored a pen, free kick, and a header. Is there anything different I can do to stop conceding or just let me lads get used to this tactic?

I just played Celtic away and they beat me 4-1. Can I play a striker in my amc postions or does it solely have to be players that suite that postions? Inverness scored a pen, free kick, and a header. Is there anything different I can do to stop conceding or just let me lads get used to this tactic?

not much you can do against pens and free kicks. how many games have you played and how fluid is the tactic? try playing with a counter mentality and use defensive positioning as training until you feel your defending is more solid. how is the quality of your defense?

as my sporting save doesnt have the appropriate players, im going to start a new save to dedicate solely to this tactic. any suggestions of a squad that might be adequate for this tactic?

Maybe Fiorentina? Think Rossi will be awesome in AMC pos ;>

Maybe Fiorentina? Think Rossi will be awesome in AMC pos ;>

probably but gomez would be a waste as i cant sell him. Napoli looks interesting, as does arsenal! very interesting indeed. but as its a counter tactic, maybe i should use a smaller team... or go bigger with this first test? dunno really... what u think?

not much you can do against pens and free kicks. how many games have you played and how fluid is the tactic? try playing with a counter mentality and use defensive positioning as training until you feel your defending is more solid. how is the quality of your defense?
I have Scott dann, bodmer, sam Hutchinson. Not the best like but there decent enough for SPL. Lee Wallace and a regan Peterson wing backs. Played only 2 games about to play 3rd game now. Team formation is awkward, mentality accomplished, passing style fluid, creative freedom competent, closing down fluid, marking fluid, tempo competent, width accomplished.

I have Scott dann, bodmer, sam Hutchinson. Not the best like but there decent enough for SPL. Lee Wallace and a regan Peterson wing backs. Played only 2 games about to play 3rd game now. Team formation is awkward, mentality accomplished, passing style fluid, creative freedom competent, closing down fluid, marking fluid, tempo competent, width accomplished.

try sticking with the counter mentality to see if it improves

Back