FM 2010 Demo Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Kris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 294
  • Views Views 50K
You wont regret it.I cant go back to my FM 09 save now ive played the demo :(
the idea of a tactics creator's just convinced me to let go of fm09 and move on.
hopefully you're right and I will enjoy the demo :)

I downloaded the demo to have a look around but i dont want to commit myself to a game as i will want to start a new game when the full game comes out.

Just have a daft game to try the tactics creator etc,pick a team you wouldnt normally choose.

things i love :-
1.)much better 3d match day
2) the signing press conferance (as this always happens irl)
3) tatics screen
4)more relistic transfer fees ( 5.5mill for pandev,8.5m for alan dezechov(spelling) )
5) staff annonce that they want to join your club .
6) maybe as its only a demo so theres less leagues running but it runs so much faster.

things that are bugging me so far:-
1) the same questions in the press confernces (simlair choice of answers also) as fm9
2) the fans in the stadium and the stadiums them selfs are dissapointting graphics
3) skin isn`t great (can be changed )
thats just all imo|)

all in all im glad i pre-ordered as for me its so far ticking most of the boxes! 8/10 so far.

things i love :-
1.)much better 3d match day
2) the signing press conferance (as this always happens irl)
3) tatics screen
4)more relistic transfer fees ( 5.5mill for pandev,8.5m for alan dezechov(spelling) )
5) staff annonce that they want to join your club .
6) maybe as its only a demo so theres less leagues running but it runs so much faster.

things that are bugging me so far:-
1) the same questions in the press confernces (simlair choice of answers also) as fm9
2) the fans in the stadium and the stadiums them selfs are dissapointting graphics
3) skin isn`t great (can be changed )
thats just all imo|)

all in all im glad i pre-ordered as for me its so far ticking most of the boxes! 8/10 so far.

Agree with most of the stuff, was annoyed with the press conferences, just the same questions either worded differently or just the same, How boring, The skin is a bit boring but im sure it will be jazzed up more in the final version. It does seem much faster, but that could be as what you said less leagues running or maybe its my new computer doing the trick. Agree with all of your stuff actually, but still will never use 3d as classic is much better :)

agree with most of the stuff, was annoyed with the press conferences, just the same questions either worded differently or just the same, how boring, the skin is a bit boring but im sure it will be jazzed up more in the final version. It does seem much faster, but that could be as what you said less leagues running or maybe its my new computer doing the trick. Agree with all of your stuff actually, but still will never use 3d as classic is much better :)

(h)

I take everything I have said back.. This demo is actually pretty good.

Maybe it's just because Ive scored 6 goals in 2 games with Middlesbrough :P

Still think they can make the skin a bit better...

at first i didnt really like the look of the game, but now im used to it, and with new skins being made all the time it really wont matter and i am starting to absoloutly love this game.

just started as arsenal and i think the transfer market is so much more realistic, not having to pay 20m for the good young talent.

my signings so far are.

Zavon Hines - 4m
Dan Gosling - 4.4m
Junior Stanislas 4m

I like everything about the demo except the stats for the players. Hope the stats will be revised and then I will love everything about it =X

2 goals in the first 8 minutes on his debut vs at.madrid for zavon hines

*edit*

and now a first half hatrick for zavon hines, i know you all know who he is in real life, but sign him and see how he does for you as he is flying on his debut here.

Last edited:
I'm loving the demo..

I got 3 players so far:

Matuidi for 7 million Euros, a Danish young defender, I wanted a tall centre half since Silvestre is pasted it, Djourou is crocked for the season, and I am not too sure about Senderos, I got this guy, name starts with a J, because I couldn't get Sobutic(sp?), much too big a price tag...

I also got a young keeper from Brazil..

I use the demo as a testing ground, to see my option play with the team..

Matuidi is pretty good, I should get him because Song is the only DM, and I feel I need 3 players that can play in each position and compete in an EPL match..

Still didn't try out the Dane in the first team, but he is supposedly doing well in the reserves, but I will still go for Subotic in the real game first, or Sakho..

The keeper isn't here yet because of his work permit.

So guys, any suggestions for a DM, a tall young centre half and a back up keeper apart from the people I said, and still be within a 20 million budget..

There's a few problems with the demo.

I played swindon and drew 2-2, I didn't save the game, when I reopened it I didn't type my password in quick enough and by the time it opened the game had me losing to Swindon 2-1, also in the league table it showed I'd played 3 games when in fact I'd only played 2, HUH?

The other thing is during a game if I want to change the opposition instructions, sometimes there is no squad displayed so I can't change anything.

Playing a game is very jerky and considering I'm using the latest Imac with 2.66 mhz and 8 gig ram, the only way to get rid of this screen problem is to turn off the crown and stadium in preferences.

A lot of the changes are just cosmetic.

No overly impressed, think I'll stick with 09 for now

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

The game has some real problems on the iMac, it just crashed as I clicked on the tactics button during a game.

im pretty shocked to see vermaelen stats also and i dont know which defender to get as gallas is getting old

Try Per Mertesacker from Werder Bremen, Available for 12-13 million pounds and does a very good job...

I find that the goals scored form corners still are too many. In my matches, 37 % of the goals come from corners and that is not correct ( using a default setup)

Id of liked to see a bit more variety in the press conferences.The questions and answers are more sensible but it still gets tedious at times.I had to liven things up in on and couldn't resist doing a Maradona.

Id of liked to see a bit more variety in the press conferences.The questions and answers are more sensible but it still gets tedious at times.I had to liven things up in on and couldn't resist doing a Maradona.
Bwahahahah! That's class! <)<)!
I'm just having a few games with Arsenal before I continue editing my coursework.
Pretty FUN! I'm still not used to the tactics though.

The tactics are much better now. I feel like I actually understand what I'm doing now and how the changes I make affect the way the team play

I find that the goals scored form corners still are too many. In my matches, 37 % of the goals come from corners and that is not correct ( using a default setup)

i like your work better half, you seem to put a lot of work into your tactics,

in the premiership this year 39% of all goals have come from set pieces,

interesting little fact thought you might be interested in, dunno what the % is for corners though

Out of curiousity, what type of forward do people play Rooney as?

Back