FM 2010 Demo Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Kris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 294
  • Views Views 50K
I think the best addition is the Backroom Advice option but the 3d engine hasn't improved much only the graphics have in it

I've just downloaded the demo and chose a random club (middlesbrough).
From what i've seen so far,i've noticed several bad things about it:
-I don't like the colour of the attributes because you can't tell the good players from the not so good ones,which is important to me when i decide my starting 11,or when buying players.
-Unrealistic:In my 2nd game of the season against swansea away,loads of unrealistic things happened:I dominate,hit the post twice,have a goal disallowed,they practically don't exist,and when they finally get the ball,they shoot from outside the box and it goes in! Their 1st shot of the game,30 mins. gone and the score is 1-0 to them.During the rest of the game,the same story; i dominate,shoot,etc. but don't score,and in the last minute,they launch a counter attack and score again.2-0 final result, a bit unrealistic.
-The tips they give you before a game i thought was a good adition to the game,but my assistant manager disagrees with every single tip!This leaves me confused.
-I feel i am playing a completely different game from fm2009,so i suppose it is just a matter of getting used to it.However,untill i get used to it,it is much more difficult to find things.
If you dont like the attribute colours you can use this tool to change them to colours of your own choice:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=741

Very annoyed with the demo....

I was ok waiting till the end of the month for the game, but now that seems sooo far away!!

Going on the demo alone this is easily the best Football Manager ever.Well done to everyone at SI.

Yeah I agree. This is the best FM to date. Obviously there are going to be some bugs in there, that's inevitable. But I feel as if it is better than FM 2009 9.3.0 easily.

Sol Campbell is playing for West Brom on the demo,i didn't know the deal was done,and i thought he couldn't play until January anyway. oO)

Is he playing for them at the start or did they just sign him?

Is he banned in the game? Or is he playing for them?

One thing i have notice , the amount of penaltys is unreal !

8 Pens in 5 Games, bit like the injury thing of last years game.

Haven't posted in a while, but I have a quick question.
Is there a way to make someone want to sell the club inside the demo? I would kinda like to get rid of Tom Hicks if at all possible. I downloaded FMRTE to see if it had this option (they were talking about possibly trying to include it for 2010) but I can't find it. Basically what I want is a way to edit the database to change the fan and board confidence levels to really low so he tries to sell up. I know there probably isn't any way to do this but I can't be sure without asking.

The tactics creator is so easy to use and my new 4231 formation is destroying the opposition,this is largely helped by SI finally sorting it so AM's (the hole behind the forward) now really play well in games unlike in 09.I had Gary O'Neil Playing AM behind the lone striker.

How about his instructions? Do you set him as Advanced Playmaker or what?

He's simply set as a attacking midfielder,he's doing really well for me.

I just finished demo 2010 and the result is I'm really love this new FM. See my team performance after 19games. At the beginning my team is struggle because the tactic and gelling between players. However, I'm happy. ^^)

Back