FM 2010 Installation Problems

I know it's not really an installation problem but there are no "Patch Implimentation Problems" threads, and I would really appreciate some help....
-Had game running fine since release date.
-Installed game on new laptop ( Windows7)
- Works fine on default patch
- Attempted - around 6 times - to download and install patch 10.2.0
- Patch downloads but has no icon, whereas on other computer the FM10 logo showed
-When I open patch document thing, the computer requests I find a program to open the file with as it cannot detect it.
- Tried using WinRar but that doesn't work
- Files will not extract straight from defunct document either.

Please help?

Thanks in advance, Chris :) ;)

I started to install FM10 but My computer unexpectedly shut Down. Now when I put my disc in nothing comes up so I cant install it that way and when I go to remove the program from Control panel It Says:

This Apllication has unexpectedly
invocation of this Java application has caused an
InvocationTargetExpression. This application now needs to exit(LAX)

It then turn the program off so I cant start again or continue

Help guys?

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

I started to install FM10 but My computer unexpectedly shut Down. Now when I put my disc in nothing comes up so I cant install it that way and when I go to remove the program from Control panel It Says:

This Apllication has unexpectedly
invocation of this Java application has caused an
InvocationTargetExpression. This application now needs to exit(LAX)

It then turn the program off so I cant start again or continue

Help guys?

Ignore this I fixed it.
If you had the same problem as me put the disc in and open the files to use it go down to the file setup.exe and run it from there it will then install lovely jubbly

Thanks

ive done every thing on every help channel nothing works all ways the same thing i am pulling my hair out i waited a year 4 this game and now it dosent work.i updated directx ive gone thourgh steam and nothing works

wont even install on my lap top

recently bought a laptop with windows 7 on. when installing the game it installs but says errors occoured during the install. please see the instalation log for details. could anyone help me please as i need to play fm10!!!

???

I just got fm 2010 and when i try to install it this comes up can any one help???

Hi all, attempted to install fm10 today, not using steam, and it seemed to be working fine but then said there were some errors and I think it said to check the logbook. I restarted my laptop and it has no record of fm10 on there and when i re enter the disc it does not recognize it. This is my laptop, I think it is compatible with the game - http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.....do?PRODUCT_ID=138201&DISC_MODEL=1&service=UK
Many thanks.

when u get on the 'can i run it' site, how long does it take to install it? feels like ive been waiting ages

I've seen that people have previously posted similar problems but i can see no solutions. I have windows 7 on new laptop. When i installed the game from both disc and steam i could play fm from instalation with no problems. When i shut down and looked to start up again there was no way of doing this! No desktop icon and have looked in C: drive but no icon present to put onto desktop. Has anyone actually worked out wtf to do about this? I need fm!!!!!

When i install My game it comes up with an error saying

Cannot Find Folder Data/Sigfx everytime i open my game

Please help me. Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Everytime i click the FM 2010 Icon it comes up with

Cannot Find Folder Data/Sigfx everytime i try and play

Hello

I finally got my game installed after having some problems, i had a season with Rangers, got like 14 games in and decided i wanted to start a new game, i downloaded a few things from the site, such as Kits, the lastest patch , real compitition names a sky sports skin, player faces and the Scottish leagues extended edited database and now when i try to start a new game , when it says loading database it only goes half way up and then doesnt respond and finally the screen turns white :S its only happened since i downloaded all tht stuff,

Can anyone help ? and is there something up with the downloads that may be causing this ?

hi,i try install but completed intallanywhere bar after anything not coming

hi,i try install but completed intallanywhere bar after anything not coming

It also took me a looong time and then afterwards, it asked me to insert FM 2009 CD. I don't have it. So how can I continue the installation process?? :eek:(

Why would it ask for FM09 CD? It's not fair or nice for 1st time buyers...

all of you who cannot find the icon on your desktop, look in the section were it says 'games' on windows vista, and presumably on windows 7.

this is with windows 7 , i did try with my other pc windows vista and it's fine...............just to say this appears when i start the first game.......and then i need to restart the computer and always loose all the saved game (not a lot any way)

Last edited:
this is with windows 7 , i did try with my other pc windows vista and it's fine...............just to say this appears when i start the first game.......and then i need to restart the computer and always loose all the saved game (not a lot any way)

i kept getting those errors on 09 but it still worked perfectly
when i got the issues with fm.exe encountered a problem i just deleted the folder in C:\Users\**YOUR_USERNAME**\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive

no joy....with that ........the big problem is when this comes up I do lose all the game ......so i can't progress in the game the only thing i ca do is setup the team and go to the first game......and then switch off the computer and start everything from the begin.....lol........this is worst than a demo game....lol................

sorry about my english......lol.........