FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

I think it should be able to start with an under 21 country, instead of creating another manager to do it. And possibly be able to be and assitant manager?

I think that when a team makes an offer for a player you can ask the player if they wont to go or not

I think focussing more on the 'Director of Football' aspect would be beneficial.

I agree with the idea of transfers being worked upon by a director of football as well as yourself, as this is representative of real-life.

In addition, you could work with the board to help identify the best Director of Football for the club, and the better the director, the higher levels of money you are likely to receive from sponsorship, player sales et al, and the lower levels of capital you will have to expend on wages and transfer fees etc.

I also feel the negotiation of transfers should be better. The amount of time I offer £10million for example, with them to propose a counter-offer of let's say £11million. I offer £10.5million as a compromise, and then they say they want more than the £11million they were originally asking for.

As for the stadium, I think people have to accept that in reality, the manager wouldn't get to choose the capacity of the stadium, where it is built etc, but that does not mean to say they can't help with the design or its style - as Wenger did with the Emirates.

Definetely a tactics wizard cause that seems to be where people get stuck incuding myself and for those who dont understand how to set up tactics for there team i think it would be a great idea and along those lines possibly a training regime wizard or even a set of levels for the game like easy medium hard......

1. When a team makes an offer for a player you can ask the player if they wont to go or not

2. Director of Football aspect would be very interesting

3. Tactics wizard definitly

4. The oppurtunity to use your wages for coaching courses to further yourself and your reputation?

5. Better press conferences, say if you sign a class player or an up and coming world beater <!-- / message -->

1. Good Point
2. Explain, in what sense?
3. Should be better, true
4. Not convinced on that one, I think it's not that bad the way it is
5. Or get rid of the press conference

Well in the 09 version it has total career earnings now i would say that you could buy a club with it or if a consortium wants to buy a club then depending on reputation you get offered the chairman's job such as Niall Quinn at Sunderland and soon to be Matt Le Tissier at Southampton

i would like the editor to be able to make faces i think that would be really good :)

ok, something i think should definately be included is this. when you don't load a competition, the teams in that competition should relegate and promote. like when with barca you have hospitalet as feeder club. i lend them pretty good players who score lots of goals there and get high marks. but their always in the same division, i want them to be able to promote, because from what I've seen, that never happens

1. Good Point
2. Explain, in what sense?
3. Should be better, true
4. Not convinced on that one, I think it's not that bad the way it is
5. Or get rid of the press conference

Sorry pal I didnt check the thread,

2. With the director of football there should a sort of option about developments possible in your club for maybe potential signings or acedemy updates and interactions

4. I think it should be though that you can get like your coaching courses on your personal profile and that certain jobs you have to have a minimum qualification for, perhaps like when you start a game you have to start a lower league team and then u cant apply or be offered a job unless you have better qualifications.

no you have to create a new manager and go to your own profile and make yourself -21 and then retire

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Sorry pal I didnt check the thread,

2. With the director of football there should a sort of option about developments possible in your club for maybe potential signings or acedemy updates and interactions

4. I think it should be though that you can get like your coaching courses on your personal profile and that certain jobs you have to have a minimum qualification for, perhaps like when you start a game you have to start a lower league team and then u cant apply or be offered a job unless you have better qualifications.

2. yeah that would be nice
4. yeah you convinced me, ithat would definately provide a better overview

yeah but it would be better if you didnt have to do that i dont think u21 managers are emplyed by the national team coach i think the FA would do that

Definately

ok, something i think should definately be included is this. when you don't load a competition, the teams in that competition should relegate and promote. like when with barca you have hospitalet as feeder club. i lend them pretty good players who score lots of goals there and get high marks. but their always in the same division, i want them to be able to promote, because from what I've seen, that never happens

That's definitely a winner in my eyes...I mean if u have the blue square prem running, relegations and promotions from below are always the same - I'd like to see a team like FC United or Sheffield FC climb up to the conference

no you have to create a new manager and go to your own profile and make yourself -21 and then retire

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

2. yeah that would be nice
4. yeah you convinced me, ithat would definately provide a better overview

what are the chances of any of these suggestions becoming a reality in the next fm?

my couple of suggestions,

1. more info and options about the nature of the job u are taking on. For e.g. a team might offer u a job but will say they want u to work with a director of football so wouldnt have control on transfers (like Ramos/Jol at spurs). And you could negotiate it from there to say something like 'i'll only take the job if i get full control'. Or another thing might be that your chairman/president has more input to who u buy. I know sometime they will buy u a player without your say, but that linked to what team u are at. Say if your at Real Madrid and a new president comes in he might have promised the fans he would sign Ronaldo or something like that.

2. Agree with people that have suggested testimonials for your players. And by giving a plyer a testimonial it would strengthen your relationship with them and they'd be more inclined to work with u as a coach or whatever. Another quite good element to that could be that the player in question would say who he wants to play against or something like that based on his career. Often players will play a testimonial for their current team against an old team and play a half for each. Also it would be good if all the players werent neccessarily the current teams. He/or you would maybe invite his favoured personnel to be involved. Eg if beckham was getting a testimonial he might play against man utd and invite the likes of the nevilles, ****, scholes, giggs, etc even tho they may have retired and be a manager/coach they would still maybe have a run out in the game. In the late 80s for e.g. i think it was glenn hoddles testimonial at spurs im not sure who the opponents were, but maradona was involved and he ended up playing some of the game for the tottenham team. So things like that could happen, and outfield players might go in goal and visa versa for a laugh. A player might choose what sort of testimonial he wants.. serious match, light hearted, second half light hearted, etc.

3. Be good to be able to manage reserves and u18 teams if ur an inexperienced manager like in real life, a manager will do this before getting offered a crack at a senior job.

4. To maybe be able to publically say what you want to achieve. Eg. if u were just starting out at a team u can say what your goals for the club are. E.g. i think i can turn bognor into football league club. Or i want to get tottenham in the top 4. Or even say your personal goals... i want to one day manage in the premiership, or i want a crack at the england job, etc

To be able to design your own stadium, like in LMA manager.

Also to be able to sign your own sponsor for kits and stuff? Mabe to be able to change the colour of your away kit every other season.

And of course, make the graphics better in 3D view each year :)

definetely agree with this post! :) own stadium design, own sponsors!

I think it would be really good if when you were in a press conference, that if your players (some of them) where there with you, and they responded to certain questions like Do you think you're at the top of your game? player : no...

agree with tht and the other thing about boring press conferences
the tactics with player faces is good as well
also sort the german team out

no 2 designing ur own stadium as u are a manager not owner or starting a new club so it is unrealistic