FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

ye something like that but realistic objectives..???:D

then work your way up the manager ladder maybe earn your continental badges or something:D

I think managers should just tell the board what players they want to sign as managers in real life dont have much to do with the transfer fee's.
Also make the scouting system better.
I like the pictures idea, looks super.
And the option to start of as an assitant manager, to build your experiance, but not for everygame as it would probably become really repetative, but just having the option would be nice.

I'd like to see myself actually win an appeal for a ban! Everytime it comes up to appeal, i do, and its forever being turned down and then it will get extended, so I think that needs changing.

Also i agree with the talk about stadiums. Should be able to ask for new stadiums aswell as expansions. Totally against the idea from some people to design stadiums..

Bring back the Arrows on the tactics screen. Use to be able to put them wherever you wanted but now we're restricted to just forward and back and it becomes annoying when you want to send a player to run out to the wing and you cant.

New skin aswell. I think the default one looks too clunky and in need of a change and also a light/dark option like on the psp version of the game.

Press conferences are in DESPERATE need of a re-vamp! The same questions are asked and they just become boring and now I always set my assistant manager to doing them. Perhaps different questions and maybe players coming into the press conferences with you like in real life.

As someones already said on here, should be able to spend the wages you earn on coaching bages and other things.

Team talks need attention. A few different things to say to the players would be nice, for example when sending a sub on, you should be able to tell them to "get stuck in" or "get a goal" something like that.

More chairman/manager interaction. For example, compile a list of players you would like to sign and submit them to the chairman and after a few days he comes back to you with the players you can sign and start negotiations with. Dont know if I've made sense trying to explain that but i know what i mean:p

i would love to see it become more personable so you actually have to deal with your money and your own life outside of the game this would make it more realistic in the sense of the managerial experience
also agents would be a good idea with the fiasco of carlos tevez maybe that could happen randomly in a game

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

also training camps are a good idea with perhaps the chairman asking you what you want to work on most e.g. fitness and giving you 3 options to go i.e. south africa for altitude or something like that

yeah i think it definetly needs training camps and youth camps in foreign countries so you get better youth players

I agree with the training camps.

Also, I think a team should be able to build an youth acadamy in a foreign contry.

Just been reading through this thread and there are some great ideas knocking about! Some I think are more realistic than others in terms of being likely additions.

Personally, I wouldn't like 2010 to be too much different to 2009, and would like it to have a very similar file system to what we have currently so we don't have to download loads of facepacks, backgrounds etc etc.

However, here's my opinion of what changes I'd like to see:

> As mentioned previously, I 100% agree that there should be a 'story mode / challenge mode' where you must start at the lowest tier (i.e. BSN/BSS in England, or in the Faroe Islands league) and build up your experience and 'badges' to be able to attract job offers from bigger teams or even be capable of managing in the bigger leagues in terms of your qualifications. However, I reckon they will have to keep the option of starting with a Premier League side as alot of people tend to enjoy this. I remember Premier Manager 2 on the Amiga (around 1992 ish) where you had to start in the Conference League, and work your way upto the Premier League!

> More options for team talks and press conferences... the choice of just 5 does leave you somewhat limited throughout the season.

> Touching on the 'editor' element here, how about the option of having a son in the game, such as a Jamie Redknapp or Nigel Clough. You watch them through their playing career, scouting them and occasionally interacting with them getting him to learn/build up a set of managerial attributes ready for when he comes into management. This may be expanded on in many ways I guess.. just an idea!

what about jersey or kit change every year? away jersey for every year and 2 year for home jersey or something, because its been always same, kind of boring. maybe someone said it.

I would like to see more involvement from fans and be able to talk and discuss more with chairman and directors on performance and acheivements.

Would like to have revamped interaction between managers. Also, transfers done by chairman when your at clubs with a structure like madrid or milan.

More generous budgets that you can actually work with

eg in 09 you get around £10-12.5m for ManUtd, which is ridiculous for a game which prides itself on realism where in real life ManUtd could really afford the best players in the world. On the game they can only afford an average player who cannot even break int the 1st team.

Better 3d in game graphics as the one on the 09 is very poor and i have resorted to the 2d match view.

Make it easier and more realistic to move between clubs and be offered jobs as in 09 moving clubs is very difficult and once you choose your team you are more or less stuck

Make players more loyal and improve the moral system as in 09 the players seem to chop and change at the drop of a hat

and also just make the game look generally sexier

A better selection of skins and backgrounds.Plain white and cream are awful default skins,thank god you can download some class ones on here but we shouldn't have to.

loving all the new ideas coming in guys lets hope someone takes notice and actualy puts most of these ideas into the new game it would be ace!!!

realy think there should be more interaction all round from the fans to the manager and the manager to the board and to the players!

I think a way of getting people better at the game is to have a diffecult button to change the diffulcalty and that would probs helps the newer people to get more experiences,

Also to design your own stadium and kits, or make your own team....

being able to win an appeal for ban and not automatically getting 3 games instead of one happens everytime i know it has already been mentioned above but winds me up that you always get a further two games if you appeal the decison :mad: also training camps and players in press conference are brilliant ideas

im going to aggree with you on this!

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

i meant to say i agree with one guy that said about amarket in asia or usa after having a tour there etc

When you create a manager and you have the option to have past experiences like:
Sunday league
Semi pro..... and so on
It would be nice to have a more in depth manger history, like having your managers player stats for the teams he had played for and how many appearances and goals.
Maybe choosing his old position, e.g Striker and now when ever you sign a striker he (the striker) will benefit more from playing under you and develop quickly.

Yeah that sounds good. IMO you should be able to like say who you'd played for should u choose to.
E.G:
1989-1991 - Aston Villa
1991-1995 - Sheffield United
1995-1997 - Hartlepool
1997-2000 - Crewe
2000 Retired
2000-2003 - Crewe (Youth Coach)
2003-2006 - Oldham (Coach)
2006-2009 - Man Utd (Coach)
2009-Present - Bury (Manager)
so you could have had a coaching experience or w/e...
I also think you should be able to have favoured personel e.g if you always use the same Assistant or keep signing a player...
Would make it more interesting e.g. Liverpool appoint an ex-Everton player

Yeah that sounds good. IMO you should be able to like say who you'd played for should u choose to.
E.G:
1989-1991 - Aston Villa
1991-1995 - Sheffield United
1995-1997 - Hartlepool
1997-2000 - Crewe
2000 Retired
2000-2003 - Crewe (Youth Coach)
2003-2006 - Oldham (Coach)
2006-2009 - Man Utd (Coach)
2009-Present - Bury (Manager)
so you could have had a coaching experience or w/e...
I also think you should be able to have favoured personel e.g if you always use the same Assistant or keep signing a player...
Would make it more interesting e.g. Liverpool appoint an ex-Everton player

I agree with both of above, and I also think that you shouldn't be able to pick how many goals you scored in your career, but had to set what position you played as.
Ie. if you where DC you would have scored less goals as if you were forward.

Come out of retirement?

With the whole Keegan thing i also reckon coming out of retirement could be a nice idea...
I mean, say i had won lots of leagues with Liverpool, and then retired, sending them on a downward spiral, I should be able to come out of retirement...
Maybe this is far fetched but in retirement, a role as a director, so like if the club was taken over, you could have some say in stuff like who becomes manager....

Finally...reading thru, I've noticed a lot of people don't like to play entire matches etc, or prefer signing players. How about a head of recruitment or Director of Football role? I mean you could sign players, build a youth team, hire staff etc, and if you do badly, you could get fired like Damien Commolli at Spurs. Obv, it would be **** using genie or w/e but without it could be quite fun IMO

I like the idea of more tactical options like many other have mentioned, but the only thing i can think of right now is the rule with feeder clubs which generate financial benefits, one from North America and One from the Far east.

You should be aloud more within a limit of one per global market eg.

One from USA, China, Japan, Australia, The middle east and so on.

Because a link in china may not affect the merchandising in Japan or India, two large markets within asia.

Another would be concerning links to clubs in other countries like the parent club being able to take on the feeder clubs better youth players.

I love the training camp idea.

I would to be able to take the role of being only in charge of the youth team like at club and on the national leval