FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 503
  • Views Views 129K
yes i do agree that a new skin would be great. im not quite sure i like the player ratings out of 20, maybe 50 or 100 would be better.

different press conference's not the same old boring
more realistic sponsors
more accurate budgeting

Better player comparison options, so being able to compare many players, over only a few stats. This make the game much more efficient and a lot more useful.

1 - Press conferences need to be sorted out.

2 - If you cant choose your stadium build, then you should be able to ask for a stadium with over 50k seats etc.

3 - Choose your own sponsors

4 - Manager wages should be able to be used.

5 - Board meetings should be added, so that you can talk with the chairman about things you want or need rather than just asking for a new stadium and the chairman just saying yes or no.

6 - Transfers prices should be much more realistic. I mean allmost every time you try to sign a player you have to pay double the money he's valued at.

7 - On the tactics screen you should be able to put your players anywhere on the pitch rather than having to put them in the set positions provided.

the main thing is transfres. to sign a good player u have to pay 2, 3 or eve 4 times what he is worth whereas a computer team wont pay tht much money also it would be nice to be able to reccomend ur own stadium nd what it looks like to the board kinda like lma manager did

Better player comparison options, so being able to compare many players, over only a few stats. This make the game much more efficient and a lot more useful.

I agree, and it would be great if you could get your coaches to do the comparing and to analyse the various strengths and weaknesses.

To be able to set up two different tactics for a game, eg one for attacking and one for defending. Also being able to tell your player to dive for a penalty, this would depend on his sportsmanship value.

1. Have to deal with Friends & Enemies (players, board and staff members who can't get along or play together - you may have to decide to fire people to overcome these differences)
2. Post-Game Manager Meltdowns - Have an option to pull a Kinnear or Keegan. Even better, see other managers do the same.
3. Broder spectrum of off-the-pitch incidents & events - players should have more events that affect management: personal or bereavement leave, marriages & births, arrests & failed drug tests.
4. Issue simple verbal instructions during the match ("Dig In", "Push Forward", etc) that aren't necessarily tactical switches. It would be neat to see manager animation on the touchline in 3D view.
5. Show crowds in the stadium
6. More interaction with the board - arrange foreign summer tours for $$, request additional staff, etc.
7. Despite the stats, every once in awhile make players total flops, complete surprises wihin reason
8. Ability to Issue Pleas to the fans (ask for money, support for job security, player retention, more crowd noise), i.e., liase with supporters groups
9. Devise some method of improving staff/scouts
10. Unhappy Staff and Scouts can become devious & undermine you. Leaks to the press, etc. Have some method of identifying them and firing them.
11. Self-development (coaching badges, learn languages, etc.)
12. Have media people with personalities. Some are out to get you, others support you. Depending on the media person the press conferences can go smooth or ... well, you can pull a Joe Kinnear (see above).
13. Get a better gauge of fan confidence. A 90th minute game winning goal for Rangers over Inter in the CL should not result in: "The fans were pleased"
14. Influence and interact with the ref during the match. Get thrown out during the match or, laternatively, start getting better calls.
15. When a team makes an offer for a player you can ask the player if they wont to go or not
16. Ability to block Communication with other clubs - prevent receiving offer after offer for a player. You can get blocked as well. The only way to get players to transfer is thru unsettling them in the media or if the board accepts the transfer once set to blocked.
17. Cut down on really dumb player mistakes in matches - throw-ins that go out of touch etc.
18. Ability to train and perfect multiple tactics/formations. For example I'd like to have the players trained and settled in both a 4-4-2 attacking and a 4-5-1 defensive tactic and during the match employ tactical changes without a lot of player confusion (provided the players on the pitch fit into the formation/tactic). Employing formations you haven't trained in should cause confusion. The better your coaching staff and players are, the more tactical arrangements you can train and get your players to perfect.

And then for every position a different 'web of abilities', only the ones which are really important (because the web has limited space). Like goalkeepers have there own 'web', all positions should have one...

that would make it a lot easier to pick players to do certain things, such as take free kicks as you would have everyones abilities all in one place instead of searching.

fsoluk - that is pretty much a perfect summary of what needs to be improved, i like the idea of practising new formations in training, perhaps you could also do penalties before a final? it certainly needs to be far more detailed and interactive

You can set that up for each player on the "Transfer Status" menu!! All you have to do is tick the box that says "Reject all proposals"!!

that would make it a lot easier to pick players to do certain things, such as take free kicks as you would have everyones abilities all in one place instead of searching.

man you can do that first thing you say. in many ways. go to your squad, go to view, abilities, technical abilities, you can see them all in a row and you can select them from gihest to lowest. also when you go to tactics (not during a match, but before), you can go to view (next to filters), then you select passing and it will show all the passing abilities from your players and how they are instructed to pass. that's what you're saying right?

sort of, but i meant to be able to have it as a web where you can choose the attributes round the side (instead of just attacking, defending etc) as then it becomes easier to choose players for certain situations, you can only order by one at the moment i think

I have one.....fans sending death threats to refs, forcing them to flee the country and quit!!

2-1 up at home to Barca in QF of CL....(drew 1-1 at Nou).

Denied a penalty
Goal dissalowed.

4mins added time.

Equaliser (and away goal winner) in the 95th minute from Barca.

Death to the refs!

hehe that's just football that's just the game, talked about that,
and mikelfc, yeah that's good but that's sorta what i said in my first post so yeah...

i like the post of practising pens before a cup game would make it abit realistic especially if previous season you lost on pens

I want there to be a difference between supporting strikers such as Wayne Rooney, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Tevez etc. and out-and-out strikers... i reckon there should be a slot for SS and then the normal slot for CF slightly nearer to the goal.

well then you should create many more slots.
i mean you can do what you're saying easily with the tactics. use mentality, creativity, well i'm not gonna explain the whole thing but i wouldn't know why to change this.

Sugestion

There is a thing on FM that i allways thought that should change! When you coach a average/strong club, after a few years, it's normal that you have a strong team, and also lots of young players with high potencial that still can not make to the main team! The problem is that is allways very hard to loan them, even if you offer them to clubs with 0 € of fee to pay, and you support 100% of the salary! And that isn't even very realistic because in real life small clubs are allways eager to receive such players in their squads!!

Also, as previous versions of FM, you should be able to offer a player to a specific club!!

Thanks...hope this is of any help!!

Back