FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 503
  • Views Views 129K
yes that is a very good suggestion. also, in the profile of the players, in their history, it should be without those gaps for inbetween years

I would like to see when starting a game what the boardroom think about the club how they feel about the ambitions where they want you to be in 5 years time what resources are they planning to release to you to achieve there ambitions.

Like to see more responsive tactical changes during matches which can be done in a few seconds for maximum effectiveness.

I agree with this :) but I also think that when in the process of signing a player, you should be able to discuss your ambitions about where you think you can take the club and which honours you believe you can challenge for in future seasons in order to attract players to play for your club rather than just telling them they will be a key player and offering them £100,000 a week.

Last edited:
some good ideas in here and some very silly ones.

i think there should maybe look to the inclusion of player agents which could tie in with the idea where the player and board can come out and say this player is not for sale to stop clubs always bidding for them, this would also mean less time spent offering players out to clubs because the agents would be hawking them around (sometimes even when you dont want them to!).

The press conferances need a revamp, far to boring and repetative.

Manager links, you should be able to build this up alot better including links with agents, clubs and chairmen.

Better player interaction in terms of being able to sell your playing style and club ambitions to potential transfer targets.

id be happy if it had no **** on it like flasshish me pc was made for fm and get tht stupid and no silly resaults

When selling a player you should be able to specify whether you want the money up front or in installments or both.

also, a more fair transfer engine as you often have to pay up to twice what the player is worth to get them, when clubs never offer a bid of 2x what the player is worth for your club

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but creating your very own team from scratch.
Deciding what league they play in, designing there jersey, there stadium name/or choice of real life stadiums (not designing the stadium), choosing whether your some super rich club in EPL or some poor low league club in CCL. Although not sure exactly what would be a fair way of deciding who your players are without everybody just getting Messi, Kaka, Ronadlo, Fabregas etc. Maybe a choice of regens depending on your clubs amount of money.

Also depending on your certain league there should be a limit to how much you can choose how much your balance is. So that im not tempted to make my own super rich team for the Cro league and start buying Eduardo, Modric, Kranjcar, Corluka and start owning everybody :D

haha man have a look in the editor's corner, plenty of topics on creating a club yourself ;)

Hello, sorry couldn't go through the whole thread so if someone else already mentioned that then never mind...

I believe most the suggestions here are good and it would make the game that slight bit better, but i think the most important things to fix/change is some details in the gameplay itself; maybe most of them are about the refereeing part...

1. I'd like the referee to give advantage to the team when your player is fouled but your team has good advantage then the referee should leave the play on...

2. This silly silly SILLY thing that when the stoppage time is up no matter how important your attack is the referee whistles for the end of the game (it happens a lot that my team are on a dangerous attacking situation, dangerous foul, and once the referee whistled when i was going to shoot a last minute penalty!!!!)

3. Some refereeing rules like when your striker is in a one on one situation with the keeper and a defender tackles him outside the box, the defender should get a red card.

Last edited:
Improved media Interaction with realistic questions and answers
Improved 3d Match with the ability to do change tactics while game is actually on like counter attack cant count how many times ive wished i could scream at my players to attack

haha man have a look in the editor's corner, plenty of topics on creating a club yourself ;)

Lol my bad didn't notice ill check it out next time. But another suggestion for keepers....

Well when you got a good team and your up against a team that can barely penetrate your defence you keeper doesn't have much to do and he ends up getting a rating of around 6.3?? Well I got an idea to fix this, so that he can get a 7-8 even when he barely has touched the ball.......this is when his communication stats comes in to play.
I reckon it should have sub stats for it as well maybe like how clear he is, how well he can see everything etc as well as setting out a individual instruction of how much command he has over the defence.

Lol my bad didn't notice ill check it out next time. But another suggestion for keepers....

Well when you got a good team and your up against a team that can barely penetrate your defence you keeper doesn't have much to do and he ends up getting a rating of around 6.3?? Well I got an idea to fix this, so that he can get a 7-8 even when he barely has touched the ball.......this is when his communication stats comes in to play.
I reckon it should have sub stats for it as well maybe like how clear he is, how well he can see everything etc as well as setting out a individual instruction of how much command he has over the defence.

Hu, I miss the whole point. You want the goalies to get 7's and even 8's when they have nothing to do? Goalkee4pers shpuld get 7's and 8's when they play fabulous matches, not when they could be reading the newspaper. I mean a 7 is like, 'héé man you did a very good job, excellent', how would the other players feel working themselves sweaty and then the goalkeeper gets all the praise, and why? just for being there :P lol

facility to sack players in they are continually missing training, homesick etc etc
more community links and international links for big & smaller clubs
choice of sponsors and contract timelengths
more options within player interactions
persuade players to come to your club
Teamtalks - writing your own

instead of just a senior team,reserve team and under 18's ,i think they should be an academy where you control the really long term stars.If SI cant get the real academy youngsters because of the age restriction then just get a bunch of 8-14 year old regens.So if you are someone who looks to the future for players,you could sign a 12 year old prodigy from Inter Milan

facility to sack players in they are continually missing training, homesick etc etc
Sack players? What do you mean (not native speaker), you mean like fire them or punish them? because you can do both already....

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

I'd like something for a national manager to boost the youth of national club teams. I've been thinking on how to achieve this. I remember when having a look at FMRTE, you can add the option for a feeder club 'Help feeder club with a one-off upgrade to their facilities. I've always wondered how to achieve this at a feeder club. But for instance I'm managing the Moroccan squad and the possibility should be to advice one of the clubs to look for a affiliation with a bigger (european (not necessarily)) club an to upgrade their facilities. What do you think about that?
Or am I too stupid and is it already somewhere an option :S

I hope they improve the way managers can interact with the players and media.

There are other obvious choices like making the game more like FIFA manager, but the main aspect of FM is that it is purely a managerial role right? So you have minimal input on stadiums, sponsers etc.. Which is a shame.. but understandable. Shame SI or SEGA are willing to pay the rights fees, EVIL FIFA!!

Oh and being able to create your own club would be great. But again, I wouldn't expect to see it this year.

Hmmpff, just as Croatsouljah said on the same page, there's plenty of topics in the editing corner on creating your own club.
And why would you want it to be like FIFA Manager? One of the great things about football manager is that it's solid without having any FIFA or PES stuff on it which I would hate

The ability to go to tactics before the last changes have been done, so if anything happens after making the changes and before they're performed we can adapt.

Say I use my last sub for a new striker but that just after that a defender has a small injury that while not stopping him from playing gets his fitness way low. I want then to cancel the striker sub and sub that defender. Luckily if it's a total injury or a sent off the tactic screen comes in with the chance to undo change what I did.

But I could tell the warming up guys, I don't want to do that sub anymore, or tell that nevermind that formation change.

The option to explain my signing of an 18 year old is for the future so that the fans don't get ****** off if I don't play him for a few years.

or even better,

The ability to hold my own press conferences to unveil new signings :D

Back