FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 503
  • Views Views 129K
We just need better media interaction! That's all I want, and maybe a it more variety in the start of the game. The rest is awesome :)

better online system, with game lobbies, and the ability to see any game without the IP address system

This is more for network games but ill tell you any way,

In a network game it wolud be decent if they added like a button you pressed to call other managers and speak to them about players or just about fm realy.

And where they have the Manager Chat Maybe they can turn it into a chatroom where you can type or talk on a mic to everyone playing thats enterd the chatbox. But they will have to add mute mic etc,,
was just thinking of this before becouse in our network we have been using skype to talk. Saves alot of time!!

Joel - Hope i didnt miss the deadline to enter these things.

My goalkeeper makes hands for the 3rd time this season and gets a red card. this is silly, why red? he makes a mistake it's not like he tackles someone into the hospitol or anything. come on

Away kit colours that actually change from season to season.

More statistics!

not just away kits,all the kits should be able to change!
the away and third kit should change every season and the home kit should change every two seasons

also,if you are going on holiday for a certain amount of time,it shouldn't take so long

Last edited:
1. I don't know if it's just on my game but sometimes my whole starting squad would be on International duty and I have a league game. That's so annoying, and it doesn't make sense because I have English players. I end up playing my reserves or under 18s.
2. More options for loaning out players.
3. The chance to warn clubs off your superstars, like what Fergie did to Real Madrid.

what i would like to see in FM 2010 is, easier tactics, as on 09 the tactics where hard to find to suit each club. and realistic transfer values such as... ronaldos value shouldnt be £80 mill, there should be a limit on the values.

Why easier tactics? With easier tactics it has te become smaller and I don't think anyone would want that.
And the transfer values are realistic. If it says Ronalda's estimated value is €80 million, why not? it's an ESTIMATED value, it's not like the 'one and only true value'. It's done quite good I think, when you buy a player for €9 million that's what his estimated value is, etc. what's wrong with that?

What i wanna c

I do believe they've already announced there is going to be a tactics "wizard" based on the TT&F documents in FM2010.
Thats awsome, i hav the TT&F wizard already and its soooo gd. Great move by the fm team there. It might be cheating slightly though because the TT&F wizard gives exactly what the insturctions are for ur team.

Perhaps instead of that they could think of something like... the 3d match engine when you want to tune ur tactics it simulates what your new player or team instruction would do in the game. eg. crossing from byline or touchline, it would simulate what a player would do when in position to do a cross.:D

I would like to see all the facepacks and logos in already, it just is better that way. There is no excuse for it, it is soo easy to get permission to use them, look at how fifa do it.

Well....

I would like to see on the ball/off the ball tactical options, more control over set pieces (including some sort of design your own).

Would be interesting if some clubs with Technical Directors (or whatever they are called) gave you only limited control over who you can sign. In real life often a manager will know he needs a RM, for example, and the TD will go out and find viable targets for them to sign. Then as manager reputation gets bigger the board trust you with more control, and could be a negotiating factor when moving clubs. This would probably have to be an option as lots of people probably would not like this, but would be interesting.

More variety in press conferences.

The ability to invest into Youth Academies/infrastructure abroad as many big clubs have this sort of set up. For example I hear that Man Utd have this sort of thing in place in Brazil.

I would also like to see the ability to start a season at later points, would be quite good to be able to take over a club in relegation zone with 2 months of the season left and try to rescue the (a la Alan Shearer at Newcastle.)

Control over stadiums etc would be nice, but the developers always say that this would not be viable as they try to keep it realistic as to what a football manager actually does....

Have the home and away kits change each season like in real football.

i wouldn't want it to change each season. the option could be included but i don't want the kits to change al the time

I would like to have more, different interaction with the media, after a couple of seasons it does become a bit repetative.

Don't agree with the stadium idea.

I like the idea of bettering yourself by learning languages, doing badges etc

Other than that a couple of more and better skins and updates, would be great, keep up the good work!

At the start when adding another manager alow us to take over as a national and club side.

I don't know if this has already been suggested but It may be interesting to be given the option to "go upstairs". As a chairman/director of football etc. you could have a different set of responsibilities away from the manamgement fo the team, influencing the game in another way.
1) Hiring and firing the managers and staff if your team was underperforming.
2) Dealing with the commerical/finacial side of the club. Sponsorships and fund raising. Allocating budgets to different areas of the club. Such as the "War Chest" for your summer spending. As well as dealing with clubs going into administration if you handle the finaces badly.
3) Sponsorship deals for the ground, shirts and players.
4) Developing the facilities to improve team performance, such as player acadamies, training facilities.
5) Looking for feeder clubs and developing your teams scouting networks.
6) Developing the stadium and funding reconstruction etc.
7) Designing the new kits and merchandising.
8) PR, ie dealing with the press after your manager has just insulted a player/rival manager, or if a player is arrested/caught in kiss and tell with page 3 girl. Improving perceptions of your club or tarnishing the image.

I know it would not be for everybody and it may be difficult to build a full game around the idea but it would incorporate a lot of the ideas already put forward in this thread (well of the ones I read). It could be that if you perform badly the club has "Sack the board" demo's to oust you or if you are managing abroad you have to run for relection and fulfile your manifesto a la Barca/R. Madrid. If your manager is weak willed you could try and pick the team or at least pressure him not to drop the star's who bring in the punters.

It would offer a little alternative if you want to expand the game. Obviously you sould beable to go back into managment, it would be more intersting after being fired than just waiting for a job offer to come in.

Just an idea anyway......

- More Interactive on the 3D match engine, More like LMA Manager
- Change of kit Designs, Sponsors, everytime their contract is up
- More interaction with the board
- A better insight to youth development (academys, under 16's ect)

I would like to see: a different approach to transfers when you start a new game, for example I am sunderland and Sheffield United always buy Darryl Murphy and Jean Yves-Mvoto.

And if i am another team Portsmouth/Villa ALWAYS sign Craig Gordon in the 2nd season as he is unhappy. Man City sign Zhirkov/Vagner Love, I know these are only like 3 transfers but i cant put my finger on the rest :lol:.

Like someone else said, a change to the press conferences, have various questions and different situations like a player attending.

Also, a one no one has yet mentioned instead of having a "loan report", have a transfer report, where you ask them for players which they would sell, and you insert a price range of say 8,000,000, then that club replies to you the players they will sell for that price.

Back