FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 503
  • Views Views 129K
I want to see some 'underhand' tactics. Like being able to tell your players to target a member of the opposition and kick him off the park. It happens in real life so why not on fm.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

How about being able to choose which player takes the free kicks in certain areas of the pitch.

i think commentry wud be cook but after a while you would know when you would score as ther could only be a certain amount of possible phases the dude would say!!
like fifa man that commentry sucks!!!

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

COOL not cook sorry im hungry

I think they should add a personal life feature. That would add more fun to the game when you are not employed

There is a thing on FM that i allways thought that should change! When you coach a average/strong club, after a few years, it's normal that you have a strong team, and also lots of young players with high potencial that still can not make to the main team! The problem is that is allways very hard to loan them, even if you offer them to clubs with 0 € of fee to pay, and you support 100% of the salary! And that isn't even very realistic because in real life small clubs are allways eager to receive such players in their squads!!

Also, as previous versions of FM, you should be able to offer a player to a specific club!!

Thanks...hope this is of any help!!

Thats a great ideai hate it when my 18yr old striker believes he is to good to good to go out on loan and becomes very unsettled and leaves for free.

Also, a one no one has yet mentioned instead of having a "loan report", have a transfer report, where you ask them for players which they would sell, and you insert a price range of say 8,000,000, then that club replies to you the players they will sell for that price.

Great idea (and makes you wonder why on earth they havnt got it already...)

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Mentoned this before, but it seems obvious (and I have heard another, rather rubbish football management game is doing this...) have tactics for when you are in possession and when you are defending...

Also... Interaction with board. Including plans for future, Director of football, and discussing specific players to sign (and if in agreement, getting funding to do so if possible).

Being able to talk to players when trying to sign them about the plans for a club is a must...

standard pictures of players so when they change club in the game the new clubs shirt appears on the player.
is that asking to much?

I would like to see when starting a game what the boardroom think about the club how they feel about the ambitions where they want you to be in 5 years time what resources are they planning to release to you to achieve there ambitions.

this is like fifa manager, and can help convince players to come to your club if they wouldn't normally.

on that note maybe more in the contracts E.G promise of captain's arm band
again like fifa manager maybe organise squad days out, fan days etc

defo shud have an option of quick sim so u dont have go on holiday

and i like the idea of bein able to b a chairman/director bt maybe if u have oonly been at a club along tym nt just lyk in 2nd season?
also where u can b a coach or an assistant before u come a manager and maybe b able to manage in lower leagues
and when u win somehting and when u sign big players make it more of a big deal and i do agree with only makin suggestions to the stadium nt actually designing it n wat eva
and they shud build big games up alot more

Last edited:
I would like there to be an option to shout player instructions from the sidelines. I seem to remember it was on one of the CM PSP games.

One thing which I think could do with a bit of a revamp is the attributes for regens. It's certainly fairly well balanced; you don't get many new DCs with 20 finishing and 2 tackling. BUT, I find they are sometimes very unbalanced, there aren't many all-round players without at least one or two gaping holes in their attributes.

For example, it seems common that centre-backs have jumping below 10, even if they are world class in every other aspect, they just get owned in the air playing at any level above League 1. Same with goalkeepers' physical attributes, usually low jumping or agility with at least one fatal flaw in their goalkeeping attributes; you gotta say it's unrealistic that a keeper would have 19 handling, one on ones + reflexes but 6 jumping or agility.

Also the graphics for the 3-d match engine could be improved BUT if that can only be improved to the detriment of other areas such as the database or general gameplay I'd say it's not a massively important thing for me.

surely by being able to view the stadiums etc would only increase the amount of free disk space needed:\?

I say improving the 3D engine and graphics is crucial since it would make the match-day experience alot better. If they manage to improve that I think they should consider adding commentators since it gives a more exciting feeling about the match. Like now, its all quiet except for the annoying crowd and the refs whistle.

When you scout a player, Not only does it tell you how he's current ability compares to the best player in your squad but i would like to see how he compares to the best player in the world who plays that position.

we need to be realistic here. i very much doubt that we will ever get the option to become a chairman or director of football as that would not be "football manager" more like "football person" changing kits will definetly never happen due to a bunch of legal issues regarding lisences. if they want this to be the best game ever then just focus on the basics like making it more realistic in terms of budgets and press conferences, being able to do something with what you earn would be nice aswell as it kind of makes contract negotiations pointless

I think You Should Be Able To Have More Control over the club if you no what i mean

I dont know if it has been suggested but the ability for teams to form NEW rivalries with clubs. I havent seen it in this game anyway. It might say that there is a rivalry between the clubs when i scout a player from certain teams but there is no actual statement of rivalries.

Like say if I constantly berate another team or their players then that club starts hating mine and vice versa. Not just managers disliking each other but clubs starting to get that way too. Also if there are a few particularily dirty games during the season between 2 clubs then have them gain rivalries too. I think this would add a whole new element to the game.

choose your own sponsorship for the team. improve the training systerm, testermonials for you players and for teams to play weaker teams aka league cup,and resting players before champions league and also for teams to develop there youngsters as i feel other teams dont do it lol.... there are a few more but you cant have it all lol

Someone may have already suggested this. It would be fun to be able to create a regen style image of yourself instead of just having the option to use a photo.

Back