FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 503
  • Views Views 129K
Being able to maybe hire a translator or something to let foreign players or coaches to learn the native language quicker.

Stuff

To be honest, I think 08 and 09 have been very big step ups if you think about what 07 was like. I think the main thing is the 3D match engine needs to be improved. Stuff like the stadium being plain grey just looks rubbish.

And omg the stuff that the players do should correspond to the commentary!! E.g. the commentary will say "Wesley Ngo Baheng slides across the turf" when he's just running around! And when the players are supposedly surrounding the referee when they're completely not!! That should be improved.

Also, bring back the weather icons!!

Press conferences more varied. Also, players should be happier to go on loan because it can be annoying when they won't go on loan and would rather just sit in the reserves.

Finally, when you make an offer, instead of them just saying "no", it would be better if they said something like "We would be likely to accept if it was in the range of _____".

I would like to be able to pick a female as my assistant. if you start in the lower leagues shes not interested in you, but if you make it into the top leagues and youv got plenty of money you fire into her after training. you can upgrade her as you get more famous and richer. they could be regens. u pick who u like the look of. who cares about her tactical knowledge its the looks that matter.

When you scout a player, you should be told not only how he compare with the est player in that position, but with specific players. Its very annoying when you are scouting, say, an AML and the scout keeps saying that your striker is the best person in that position, even if you dont play him there...

i like the idea of when you buy a player and you know that your not going to play him you can send him back to the club you bought them from on loan, also doing press conferences with new signing and with 1st team players before matches

A possibility to learn the language of a country by spending some of your earned wage or other sorts of money.
Also, their should be more and different responses at a press conference, and a lot more commentaries at a match.
The 3D engine could need a major update.

I would like to be able to pick a female as my assistant. if you start in the lower leagues shes not interested in you, but if you make it into the top leagues and youv got plenty of money you fire into her after training. you can upgrade her as you get more famous and richer. they could be regens. u pick who u like the look of. who cares about her tactical knowledge its the looks that matter.

Might as well put WAGs in as well then!!!

something i would rely like to see is an improved managerial stats. for example instead of havin financial control, tactical consistency etc, have the same stats as comp managers like judging player potential , motivation etc.

Ok i have read a lot of these threads and there are some great but some VERY unrealistic ideas here. Some ideas throw about which I agree with and could be done easily.

- The return of the interfering chairman/technical director. I remember trying to be Chelsea in FM07 and Abramavich signing players without my knowledge. Part of my board expectations was to bring in "world class" players and when i'd click on a player e.g. Pirlo, Kaka it would say if this was a big name. Chelsea, Man City, Real Madrid etc.

- Use the media interview style for player interaction and for getting a new club. Example: Fabregas has requested a meeting with you. He would talk to you about various internal disputes or maybe he would recommend a player and ask your opinion. Make it more spontanious. This could also be used for job interviews. What would be your approach. You say attack, defense, gung ho etc. This would play a factor. They might ask where the biggest strenght is. This could influence things as well as past achievements.

- Make the wages relevant by making them useful for coaching badges and languages. These could cost money to learn or train. Therefore more you earn more, better coaching badge you can get and it can lead to higher reputation. More languages could allow easier interaction with players.

Although I would really enjoy it i DO NOT agree with a Chairman mode.

1. Go back to showing the kit on match overview

2. Be able to spend the wages you earn, for example 1.learn new languages 2.Take coaching badges to upgrade skills 3.any other ideas?

3. Make players more open to be sent on loan or be transferred and not just rot in reserves

i think that is a superb line of thinking coz as, if you manage a small lower league club, its in your best interest to get paid less, this gives you a real incentive, and then the knock on effects superb help foreign players adjust with language and culture shocks man management skills charisma with press,

things to boost reputation
coaching badges ... another excellent idea adds to the realism,

good thinking boss

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

... you fire into her after training .....XD they should use that exact wording too, but then work in scenario's like " some of the players have lost their trust in you .. especially around their wives, this has led to morale dropping, "

Respond : a - ask captains pregnant wife out for dinner
b - ask assistant to get em out for the lads b4 the game
C - fire into assistant more discreetly

In fm 2010 i would like to see:

arrows from fm2008

being able to actually see the stadium instead of just grey

more realistic transfers e.g. average players bot getting bought for 30mill

more variety of questions in press conferences, maybe choosing questions from different reporters

being able to automatically tell your defenders to mark opposing team strikers

being able to instruct your subs on what they want to do and to be able to tell them you have faith in them or something like that

more depth in team talks

maybe a 3d view from your dugout

sending foreign players to language classes

more player controversy e.g. robinho sunddenly leaves man city training or adebayor says he's bigger than his club. or maybe players getting wasted on booze or suspended for taking drugs

less amount of long shots being scored

less injuries

i want to see the players that dive in real life dive

less amount of upsets

i like the idea of spending wages on upgrading stats

i want to see more retired players becoming managers

ma

Last edited:
if FM2010 give full player faces for all teams in the games, it will much better.
no need to download the faces.

I'm not sure wheather if SI can or not, but if they could get the Ryman Leagues on there that would be brilliant. Also stadium atmospheres, the more crowd the louder the noise when goal scored etc? Players diving and getting controversial decisions for it. More in depth Press Conferences and team talks, it like i can say the same stuff over and over again and "squad react well to question". I would also like to a challenge mode, basically where you start at the bottom and have to rise up.

I'd like to have the chance to be assistant manager at maybe a nation and then take the manager job when the manager goes so friendships mean he may want you yo go to his next club with him.

I'd like to have better contract negotiations so you could offer a player a place to live so you didn't have to give them so much wages every week

I'd like a match into before the match begins, more releastic, and like you see the chairman sitting there as it does a close up of him, can be a random face, but would make it more realistic. Also more depth in players contracts, for example, in real life if a player is being bought from abroad, he may ask for money to bring his family over to the country to help them get a house etc. Little things like this make it miles more realistic and would be better in my opinion :)

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

How about only being allowed to begin at lower level and work your way up to managing a top side?
I myself am a fan of LLM, but this is an awful idea. Not everyone likes LLM, and lots of people wouldn't bother buying the game.

What i would love to see and is quite common in todays game is that refs can be penalised by the countries fa or banned for bad performances because nothing worse than an offside desicions etc. going against you just for u to be warned and eventually fined by the fa for complainingbecause whats the point in having the feature in the game when the only outcome is you bein warned and eventually fined

more actions taken against the refs by the fa,uefa, fifa etc.

To be able to design your own stadium, like in LMA manager.

Also to be able to sign your own sponsor for kits and stuff? Mabe to be able to change the colour of your away kit every other season.

And of course, make the graphics better in 3D view each year :)

Definitely be able to get new kits every season and being able to change your sponsor.

Back