FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 503
  • Views Views 129K
i would love to see more news.. most of the time you get the same thing... (..manager..) confident of handling (..player..) and so on. i cant speak for everybody but i think they need to make plenty more.. keep the old ones but add more..

I want to be able to report clubs to the authorities for continually approaching for players you don't want to sell.

OH ACTUALLY I GOT A GOOD ONE!

You know how players are ridiculously greedy nowadays? well that should be an attribute for certain players e.g some are flamboyant, tenacious etc. there should be some greedy players who will go anywhere for the right wages!

OH ACTUALLY I GOT A GOOD ONE!

You know how players are ridiculously greedy nowadays? well that should be an attribute for certain players e.g some are flamboyant, tenacious etc. there should be some greedy players who will go anywhere for the right wages!
I agree,when your in the lower leagues with hods of cash its hard to spend because nobody will sign for you but im sure there are a good few high profile players out there who would sign for anybody if you offered them enough.

i think you shud b ablr to organise trainin camps etc,and be ablr to secure more money for clubs such as bein able to choose hoo advertise's at your stadium etc,

well then you should create many more slots.
i mean you can do what you're saying easily with the tactics. use mentality, creativity, well i'm not gonna explain the whole thing but i wouldn't know why to change this.

In real life players such as wayne rooney dont usually play as out and out strikers they play as supporting strikers and they drop off and link up .. i think you can do this on FM LIVE.. All im saying is it would be good to actually make an extra slot on the tactics menu which isnt there atm.. think about it, Barcelona used to play 4-3-3 Ronnie, Messi and Eto'o up front as three forwards (Eto'o as a CF, Ronni and Messi as SS or Wing forwards) In this game they're put down as attacking midfielders but thats not right.. when did you ever see them defending? A slot for a wing forward and a SS would work a treat.. (oh yeah i think they had wing forwards in the previous FM's but they've got rid of them now)

I tried post this a few days ago but think i forgot to send lol

anyway i would like to see more action taken agaiinst refs for having bad games or making wrong decisions in big matches
like when u say something about it in a press conference all that happens is u get warned everytime u do it until eventually being fined i mean any time u complain about a ref your always in the wrong in this game besides even when ur right all that happens is 'FA silent over referee complaints' lol whats the point in having this feature in the game when ther is only 1 outcome

maybe just to see the ref bein banned or fined or even demoted to lower league games not being allowed to ref ur team in a big european game or a derby match
just something other than the axe falling on the manager everytime

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

i think the training camp is a quality idea too and also maybe the sponsors choice but only if the club doesn't have a financial director or whatever

Here are my few suggestions. Some of them have already been mentioned before, of course.

1 - There should be possible to organize training camps and friendly tournaments;
2 - There should be a way to tell players why they should come to your team;
3 - There should be a way to tell your players why they should stay in your team, when they want to move to a bigger club - for example, you don´t want to go to Real Madrid because this is the first time after decades we are pushing for continental qualification;
4 - There should be possible to give specific orders to players: dive in the area; hunt down an oposition striker, drible a lot, etc.;
5 - There should be possible to shout orders during a game, like: full atack, focus on right flank, cover left flank, etc; - those orders would have an imediate impact, but: the more you use, the less efective they are; the smaller the pitch, or the greater the attendance, the less efective they are; and, if players don´t speak your language, the less efective they are;
6 - There should be possible to complain about a referee after a game, directly to the FA;
7 - There should be possible to complain about a referee during a game, to put him under pressure - the more it is used, the less efective it is; of course, this can result in manager warnings, bans, and sent offs;
8 - There should be possible to learn new languages;
9 - Players could have traits, like the mercenary one that has been mentioned;
10 - There should be a better media system, in respect to news and press confereces, but I have no idea how this could be done - it would be nice to see, though, some real life problems, like players scandals, and players contact to the media, talking about other players, managers and transfers;
11 - Injuries definetely have to be tweakened;
12 - Sometimes, in very tense games, involving rivalries and finals, there should be general fighting in the pitch - I mean, whole messes involving both squads;
13 - There should be a way, as mentioned, to get coaches reports and comparisons from every position the player can play.

I think si need to put in badges, facepacks and logos instead of us hunting all over for them all !!:)

Idea

I'd like you to be able to design your own kits and when you ask the board for more transfer money, i'd like it if you could say something like: "I want £80m more please so I can buy so and so.:D:D(6)

FM 09/10 suggestions

Well im sure there were many frequent fm players who have been very dissapointed with the 3d match engine, which isnt as effective as it was raved about before hand.
- i personally still use the 2d match engine because i dont beleive the 3d one is any good, and takes away the fm feel of the game.
other than that the game is still great, although the tactics like others have mentioned in replies need to be more simple, and easier to see where your modifications are going.
- the various clicks you can make to the sliders is way to in depth.
although i find it more than accesible, i have known fellow players hate that aspect of the game.
- the way in which the game can be edited, with logos and even changing the game is a fantastic element making every persons fm individual to them. this is a big appeal to players.
- i also dont beleive the transfer budgets are accurate at time. being a birmingham city supporter i know how much money is spent really per season. especially on the various prem seasons we have played, we spend over 10-15 million each time. and always get around 5 million to spend no matter what. im sure other teams arent totally accurate compared to reality.
other than that this is the greatest football game to hit pc's and games consoles alike. being a fifa fan also, i get the new fifa and fm, or was championship manager every year and have since i was 11. 8 years later the same thing happens, i play fifa none stop for around a month and the shine wears off. whereas with fm im still playing it right up until the new version is brought out.
an amazing creation, and i have no idea what id do with those hours that i use to play it.

another suggestion

introducing a home mode of the game. following some of the suggestions including gaining better coaching badges from where you are in the leagues, and more money etc.

improving your home and car etc. being able to move house when you move team etc. just going that next step up into the real life of a manager.

going to play golf after training in an afternoon etc.

maybe too hard to portray across onto the old structure.

maybe the structure should change?

I think there should be an option where you ask players to come out of retirement.I know you can do this for international retirement but you should be able to do it for clubs.For example Arsenal could try and persuade Dennis Bergkamp to come out of retirement.Although you would get loads of clubs asking the big names so they'd have to say you can only ask your favoured personnel;icons and legends to come back.Obviously they aren't going to be as good as in there prime because of their age but it would be useful for LL clubs

I would like to see the arrows you got on 08 when you are doing your tactics so that you can move your players out wide if they play in the middle

I think you should be able to become a chairman after your manager days, because on 09 it says how much you have earned throughout your career, for what point? It would be good to fire managers and buy clubs, would make it alot better, and you wouldn't HAVE to do it

definetely something to do with ur earnings u get a new contract bigger wage packet and then u think well what now im makin say 100 k a month more but theirs absolutely nothin i can do with it and knowing uve earned 7 mil over ur career doesnt actually help because its 7 mil u cant use i liked the idea with the coaching badges but if u make a home and family it would probably take too much of a distraction away from the game somethin useful i think that could be used is team building trips u have a bad blip in the season and a week till ur next match take them on a short holiday to help them get their morale back up or something that lets u help form partnerships u want ur cbs to get on better with eachother make them communicate better and thus perform better together

You wanted an easier tactic setup, when then again I want an more advanced. This one they now have is just simply too skinny, it have a lot of lacks in my opinion, maybe then could have some guides and already existing, GOOD TACTICS in the game for those who arent tactical witzards, and so those who manage to make some tactics could make a **** detailed and working tactic...

and then ofcourse some use to the money you earn, in my opinion it would be great if you could for example buy a team, or something:D

Last edited:
Back