FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 503
  • Views Views 129K
and then ofcourse some use to the money you earn, in my opinion it would be great if you could for example buy a team, or something:D

Yea cos that is realistic. what would you do with this team? A far more realistic way of doing things is to pay money from your wages to learn new languages and new skills like attack coaching etc. Your players will act differently or respect you more or less and your reputation would hinge on this kind of thing. Its a realistic and practucal use of wages.

I would like that the skin is like on fm 05/06 with stadium pictures
behind (the pictures would change after each loading time like in cm99/00)
And they could fix 3d game view (not graphics but bugs) example - ball hits defender in back an then opponents striker scores goal wtf man?

<table id="texttable"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td id="sourcecell"><input name="file" id="file" size="50" type="file">
<script>_SetupBidi('source');</script>
</td><td id="gap"> </td><td class="almost_half_cell">
op​
</td></tr></tbody></table>​

There needs to be more things in the media like when a new player is signed
and when there is speculation about a manager's job also when a player says he wants to leave the club, have a sit down a negogiate with the player to stay at the club

one thing, i was just reading this forum and have had a number of incidences where there is no "real" confidence gained from the team from winning games. its happened so many times before that i have been on awesome winning streaks and along comes burnley or something in the carling cup and beat me 2-1 or something after killing Man Utd at Old Trafford 3-0!

i am on a 4 game unbeaten run, same tactics, beat Roma 2-0 away from home and then beat Aresenal 5-3 at home in F.A Cup Quarters then the next game home to Roma i am losing 3-0 in the 1st 26 minutes, it does not make sense im sorry, players with ratings of 4.3 etc and had just played a 7.9 the last game!

i have been playing FM for years now and this really ticks me off as it happens, im sure other people experience the same problem.

they can even take this further and have an individual player confidence bar thing that if he scores a hat-trick the game before, he starts on a rating of like 7.0 or something!

also would like to see the capturing overseas markets, i always. always go to South Africa pre season as i live here! also Japan etc etc not just creating links etc, but being invited to tournaments like the Audi Cup etc etc! Ajax Cup!
they must acquire the licences for these competitions!

also agree with ban appeals, its useless SI just put it in for the sake of it, you NEVER get a ban overturned!

bring back players preferred move - "attempts overhead kicks" ;) would be cool to see it in 3d engine (i have once, a defeneder did one back to his gk) was flipping funny!

media conferences are useless! agree with the posts above, have an unveiling of new star player, have open day at training grounds for fans etc, generate more money pre season!

also players retiring at a reasonable age giggs - 42 crazy!

definately have a better youth system scouting/recruiting system!
actually have academy's or colleges etc.
get tips from your scouts saying for eg Neil Hart is playing bla bla today, i have been informed he is one to watch for the future at the age of 12 or something, people would love that as that person will be there pride and joy etc! then recruiting him into your youth team!

if FM2010 give full player faces for all teams in the games, it will much better.
no need to download the faces.

Not sure they can , I am sure there is some sort of image rights thing that would make that very expensive....

On seperate note, the two things they have to do is:

a) bring back old fashioned arrows (ie sideways, diagonal and longer)

and, more importantly...

b) take into account the director of football role and its implications on managers and the players they can sign.

I would also like if you could discuss with the board plans for a new season, outline targets etc and get funds accordingly...

i do think the press conferences are a bit tedious but every manager has to do it in real life and im sure they hate it as much as we do! although having to choose from options such as "i agree with this statement" pretty much voids the realism of the press conferences

Face packs for referee's!
I think this would be good

I also miss those arrows on tactic screen for left-rights players runnings

+coaching and mental attributes like all other managers!

What i wnt to see in 2010

Well guys, 1st of all i think Sigames should make the interface of the game more sophisticated. We being Managers, we need to feel good and see good when we are managing teams to the level of Real Madrid and ManU...

2nd, I feel there should be press conf session with your new signings, it would be incredible..

3rd,Yes they certainly need to work on Game and Match day graphics..

4th, make the game a little faster

5th, Changing kit sponsorers and kit colours acdng to the managers preference..The manager should be given the libert to choose sponsorers and Kits, from various options

Leme know wot u guys think!

So what new features do you want to see in Football Manager 2010?

I will pick the most popular ones to put forward to Sports Interactive and see what they think of them.
I want the albanian and macedonian league to be playable, that would be very appreciated=D

introducing a home mode of the game. following some of the suggestions including gaining better coaching badges from where you are in the leagues, and more money etc.

improving your home and car etc. being able to move house when you move team etc. just going that next step up into the real life of a manager.

going to play golf after training in an afternoon etc.

maybe too hard to portray across onto the old structure.

maybe the structure should change?

Yeah I like that idea.

It could help you build up relations with other managers and players aswell

classics

How about a patch to let you play classic teams from the past in the modern leagues.
Like Fergies Furies or the Lisbon Lions, just to see how they would hack it against the modern teams.

if a club keeps on coming in for one of your players all the time you should report them to fifa

An improved match engine, hoping that FM won't become a game for high-specs machines; that's my fear if SI will develop too much 3-d.

I don't want to change my laptop every year to play FM.

C'mon the dots...

I think that working your way up through a club would be good, like by starting as manager of the youth team and so on. And also make the press conferences better.

I think that when you make a new signing - e.g. Your Real Madrid sign Cesc Fabregas. You should have the option to "Present Fabregas to fans" once you have signed him - along with all the other usual options like "Give Fabregas Squad Number".

Doing this would increase Fabregas's morale to the club, but you would have to be careful as if you present a player who isnt popular with the fans, then you would lose popularity with the fans?

And very few would show up, making the player drop morale because nobody cares to see him.
In searching players: an option to scout only the teams that have interest in some of your players, so you can plan on a player exchange deal. That way you don't have to be manually clicking each team and then each player that possibly could be of interest to you.
(again have to use html tags to make paragraphs, adding
Code:
at the end of each. And lol, writing the ampersandlt; and ampersandgt; around still works after being send as the code. rofl, even iwthin the code snippet!)

Last edited:
I like the idea of presenting the players to fans, like when ronaldo was shown at real madrid over 80000 people turned up. also, id like to have a better merchandising network, such as where clubs set up academies in countries such as india, or doing tours in foreign countries.
it would be nice to have the option to discreetly speak to your players, instead of always doing things through the press. for example you can speak to a player learning a preffered move during training and find out how it is going on, instead of them simply rejecting it and then becoming unhappy with you.
lastly, id like the option of asking the captain to speak during team talks, sometimes this may be a better option as he has been playing and so knows the game and the players better than the manager

Back