FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 503
  • Views Views 129K
what i'd like...

1. I like the idea of being able to go on tour and thus creating greater income from this, e.g. Stockport take a tour of Scotland and get increased revenue from a local company in Stockport then offering to sponsor them, or Man City go to America and gain greater support base etc which increases revenue. and if you don't do this it falls abit.
2. A offside line! Maybe just in replays or maybe in the highlights too, so that when you get asked about a dodgy goal you can actually tell if it is offside, and then comment on it.
3. Rather than just attend press confrences, the ability to announce one, so you can talk about new players and ambitions.
4. Coaching qualifications, not just for yourself but for your coaches/asst managers etc. Allows you to see who is best qualified.
5. When an older player starts to talk about "their life after playing" offering for the club to pay for the qualifications and then offer a job with the youth academy etc. This would then allow you to see which players will make good coaches.
6. Long term ambitions of the chairmen/owners, yes we want playoffs in 2 years for the 1st team, but what do we want the youth team, club structure, transfers and facilities to be like in 10 years time.

1. i think you should be able to set up youth academies abroad
2. maybe choose some of the club merchindise sold in your club shop
3. i would like it if there was more manager chairmen interaction
4.improved graphics in 3d

Last edited:
either scrap press conferences or improve them. Designing your own stadium is a stupid idea, managers never get a say in those sort of matters.

either scrap press conferences or improve them. Designing your own stadium is a stupid idea, managers never get a say in those sort of matters.

It's like the exact same post i posted a few pages back but anyway i totally agree :)

I would like to be able to choose my favoured personel, clubs, etc.

It would also be good to see your clubs on pitch celebrations if you win a cup or league (eg. Premier League, Carling Cup, etc.)

I would like to be able to choose my favoured personel, clubs, etc.

It would also be good to see your clubs on pitch celebrations if you win a cup or league (eg. Premier League, Carling Cup, etc.)

yeh that would be good, but the 3d graphics are not that great..

id like to be able to have the choice of being player/manager or strictly a manager

Another thing I would like to see is a improved and nicer looking tactics screen eg:

SS-2009.06.07-12.43.jpg

Compared to the one now it's a thousand times nicer to look at and use...

I think this is an excellent idea and id love to see it in FM. I would also like them to tweak the Tactics/Formation screen so that you can put more detail into player positions like in PES where you can move the player anywhere on the pitch and not into a set position, ie, AMC
I think a Stadium Editor/Creator would also be really good and fun
And i think they should put in a thing where if you buy a foreign player, ie, Brazilian who cant speak English you should be able to hire a tutor or something to help them learn the language quicker. Fifa Manager has this option and i really like it

All good ideas. But it would be good if you could give your team in match feedback and give one on one team talks to subs before going on to the pitch.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

like it... but you know what will happen, the same as where fm can't get pictures of the premiership players in england, and will end up just having blank faces for those teams and having to download some

You could always have the option of using either tactic screen??

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

An improved editor where, if you're creating a team you can design kits, logos, etc. would be good
And also if you create a player you could import a face or something. Because I find if annoying when you make a team and it doesn't have a logo or kits like all the other teams.

Yeah it would be great if they could fix network games to make them much easier to play.

We have been saying that for years though

Like I'm playing Ajax Cape Town right now with a very big database. Have a lot of staff from New Zealand (who started there but had great European experience). Now it would be nice then if it gets easier to get a feeder club in New Zealand because of all the knowledge there, being able to come to an agreement easier...

on fm09 man city sign the same players every time you start a new season, this should be changed

So what new features do you want to see in Football Manager 20

For future FM games it would be good if on the match engine you could view the match through the eyes of a single player on the field; this way you could really focous on a player of ur choice. But i suppose the graphics would have to be top.

yeah but what's the effective use, I mean you won't have a good overview which sucks. So it would be fun to see what it's like for 2 or 3 minutes but no-one's going to really use it...

Rather, fix the camera on player - select one.

Perhaps a choice to tell a player during the match "that was great play!", "That was good", "Good idea, next time you may get it right", "Keep trying!", "Stop doing that!", "Next time you go to the bench", "What the **** do you think you're playing?. Have them bribed you?". But that might be too much clutter.

1. I like the idea of being able to go on tour and thus creating greater income from this, e.g. Stockport take a tour of Scotland and get increased revenue from a local company in Stockport then offering to sponsor them, or Man City go to America and gain greater support base etc which increases revenue. and if you don't do this it falls abit.
2. A offside line! Maybe just in replays or maybe in the highlights too, so that when you get asked about a dodgy goal you can actually tell if it is offside, and then comment on it.
3. Rather than just attend press confrences, the ability to announce one, so you can talk about new players and ambitions.
4. Coaching qualifications, not just for yourself but for your coaches/asst managers etc. Allows you to see who is best qualified.
5. When an older player starts to talk about "their life after playing" offering for the club to pay for the qualifications and then offer a job with the youth academy etc. This would then allow you to see which players will make good coaches.
6. Long term ambitions of the chairmen/owners, yes we want playoffs in 2 years for the 1st team, but what do we want the youth team, club structure, transfers and facilities to be like in 10 years time.

Great suggestions

1. i think you should be able to set up youth academies abroad
2. maybe choose some of the club merchindise sold in your club shop
3. i would like it if there was more manager chairmen interaction
4.improved graphics in 3d

Like how it was in TCM 05 and the following FIFA Manager series.

Actually a lot of the features from the old TCM games would suit the direction FM seem to be taking, really well.

Those, plus a few things I think the game's lacking:

- More varied press conferences. Keep getting asked the same ****** questions time and time again gets ******* tiresome.
- More detailed team talks, i.e. "we've got to win!"
- More random events, such as Fair Play prize to your fans, or your fans beat up the police after a game or some such, which again would relate to the press conferences
- Friendly clubs, i.e. Celtic and St. Pauli, may have some sort of formal connection, such as St. Pauli benefiting from Celtic selling St. Pauli merchandise and such.

e.
other than that the game is still great, although the tactics like others have mentioned in replies need to be more simple, and easier to see where your modifications are going.
- the various clicks you can make to the sliders is way to in depth.
although i find it more than accesible, i have known fellow players hate that aspect of the game.

Maybe have the option of choosing between simplified tactics and complex ones. The FM purists and the casual gamers would both be happy then...

Back