FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 503
  • Views Views 129K
I don't know if this has been said or not because the thread is huge, but i'd like to compile my own backroom staff and have them accompany me wherever I go. Not so much if I get sacked for example, they also leave, but when I do get another job they follow me. Same with when I get a job. It would be cool to have some kind of national pool of staff before the game starts where you can choose some (their rep and ability goes hand in hand with the players chosen managerial experience). And for those who can't be bothered just an auto option.

More personal approaches to signing players would be cool too. For example if a player isn't getting a game you could have the option of saying "come to us and you'll get a game/promise them captaincy/state your ambition for future" and also be able to address the concerns the players have in the same way. When they "feel their future is away from the club" you should be able to sit down with them and discuss it.

A nice inclusion would also be to have a choice of sponsorship.

The transfer budgets of teams needs seriously addressing too

It would be great if you could manage in any nation without having to load them all up as playable. Every so often jobs could become available in another nation and if you then get a job in a different nation it will then load that nation up so you could play it and maybe give you the option to unload the nation you just left. Loading all nations just makes the game to slow but starting unemployed with all nations available gives you the most exciting games.

Rather, fix the camera on player - select one.

Perhaps a choice to tell a player during the match "that was great play!", "That was good", "Good idea, next time you may get it right", "Keep trying!", "Stop doing that!", "Next time you go to the bench", "What the **** do you think you're playing?. Have them bribed you?". But that might be too much clutter.

I like this idea, it could be just a + or - above the player which you can click when they do something good or bad (would be like the thumbs up or down on youtube comments!).

What I'd really like is to see a MANAGER on the touchline by the benches - it is Football MANAGER after all!

Would be awesome if we could 'create' our own football club and start in the lowest league and go up gradually, like in the ol' TCM games.

FM10
1:transfers to be realistic not 150m for etoo or such
for instance if say darren fergusons status is £6m let him
go for £6m or there abouts not £15 or whats the piont in having
tranfer price there in first place.MOST ANNOYING THING ON THE GAME
2:also offering players contracts could do with little more
like if player aint intersted make him interested by saying things
like my team will be around you,you maybe named as captain
and more incentives,and where the club is going in 2-6 years time
3:to change kit sponsership deals and kits weather automatic or choice would be
good.
4:place some of clubs budget to upgrade into youth development
and training facilities.
5:and agree on previous comments about unvieling new signings to the presS and allowing
them to answer some Qs.
6:tranfer list to change from to time get tired of seeing the same players there.
and a bit far from gaming terms but (news coming through along the screen
like barry signs for man city) rather than being blank have skysportsnews sponser it
as the skin is a realistic touch.BUT LIKE i siad it is only a game and just a suggestion.
BUT BEST FOOTY GAME BY FAR...............LONG LIVE FM

ability to move a player anywhere on the field rather that the current limited selection
like the old champ manager where you could chose feed ball and extended runs

fm 10 is approaching pretty quickly so i was wondering if anyone knows what new features\improvements have been made.

1. A tactics wizard like in FM Live
2.Manager Shouts
3.The manager should be given a chance to tell a player who is not convinced in joining your club what you want to achieve.
4. More detailed training reports and perhaps training matches like in LMA?

Definatly, The tatics Screen and positions should be much more advanced for example, Having one of your strikers playing off the other one (Just like sean's post above)

you should be able to say more than one thing to your players in the team talks like saying your playing excellent AND also be able to tell them not to get cocky!

ability to move a player anywhere on the field rather that the current limited selection
like the old champ manager where you could chose feed ball and extended runs

I like this idea. I nearly converted to CM for that reason!

Putting multiple people in a training regime at once, rather than having to assign them individually.

okay there have been some good views so far from what i've read. but. for all the people that are complaining that you cant have the german national team well you can you go into your fm 09 folder and go onto data then in one of those folders (cant remember which one sorry) theres a file called fake.inc if you transfer that file to the desktop or where ever you want to put it you can have the german national team.

and also the tactics idea with the faces can no-one but me see that thats a complete copy of fifa manager and so they could sue si for copyright.... :S

also onto what i would like to see. i know its been said before but i would like to show my agreement for the idea of starting out as something other than a manager and also the idea of challenge and classic modes i find interesting

anyway hope my views have helped

i totally agree with the training camp idea and having more options in the press cons and stuff

here's an idea too what about when u comlain about a ref it doesn't just turn out that u get in trouble from the fa but sometimes u are actually right and something actually gets done about it like the ref being banned from top flight games for so long or something rather than just 'fa stay silent over ref criticism' because to be honest why do they let u complain when there is only gonna be one outcome??

your thoughts on that idea please!

I would like to be able to appeal for red cards, as sometimes in real life they do get bans overturned! Also, would like the option to start as a youth team and reserves manager, as this happens in real life, e.g. you start as youth manager, then reserves then get snapped up if you do well (just an option to do this, not required every game).

Like the idea of meeting up with players, or having phone calls with them, as in real life they will talk to them during transfer negotiations! what do you guys think of this??

i agree with the youth or reserve manager idea too and depending on which manger u have i.e sir alex ferguson he could perhaps be a mentor to u and occasionally give you tips but not mandatory just optional for the game

they should make ti so you can save the oposition instructions thing because it takes so much time every time and you could have a set one because i always do MR-ST tackling hard n then key aswell and closing down everyone n all that stuff so shoudl be able to save it for positions

When having more than one assistant manager, the ability to choose the one who will be the main. Or even, who to appoint for press conferences, whom to give match feedback.

really want the press conferences even taken off, or made decent

Back